Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2008 4:37:14 PM EDT
I'm building a 3 gun rifle. We shoot a lot of CQB type stuff at our local match and I want a light, short rifle. My plan is a 13.7" barrel with a pinned Primary Weapons FSC556 flash/comp that is 2.75". However, I intend to go to some bigger matches that will have shots out to 300 yds. What kind of accuracy can I expect out of this barrel? How does it compare in weight to a M4 barrel?
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#2]
If the 13.7 shoots sub MOA with heavy ammo, why the need for a longer barrel?
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I shoot my 13.7 with a perm kx3 for 3 guns and its great. Its a little heavier than an an m4 barrel but the extra weight helps a little with muzzle rise for me so i have faster follow on shots at around 50-75m. I like the barrel alot, and noveske obviously has no issues with quality. If i had to do it again, i would go with an aac or surefire brake and get a can for it later!
Best of luck
George

ETA: I forgot to reply to the original question....Ive shot at 3 and 400 with 75 gr BTHP black hills and was hitting 12" steel with no issues
and prvi partisan 55gr FMJ and had the same results. I think youve got a good 3 gun gun () in the works!
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I had one. It shot great. Was a little heavy though, with the LaRue rail and KX3, plus the Noveske machine gun weight barrel...
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Noveske 13.7" upper with the perm attached KX3.  It is MOA or sub-MOA with the 50/60 grain v-max and the 77 grain Sierra BTHP's.  It outshoots my 16.1" Noveske upper.  I'm sure its heavier than an M4 barrel but I'm not sure by how much.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I shoot 300M targets out of my 10.5 LMT with 62grn M855's so you should have no problems shooting out to that range with a 13.7 Noveske and better ammo.

Just make sure that the FSC556 is actually 2.75" I have to check the length on mine when I get home and on PWS' website the FSC556 is listed as 2.10" and the Quickcomp is 2.3". I have both and on top of that, 1/4" of that goes over the threaded portion of your barrel. I don't believe that you will get the 16" you're looking for in a 13.7" barrel. Might want to consider SBR'ing the lower, or going to their 14.5".
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
Just make sure that the FSC556 is actually 2.75" I have to check the length on mine when I get home and on PWS' website the FSC556 is listed as 2.10" and the Quickcomp is 2.3". I have both and on top of that, 1/4" of that goes over the threaded portion of your barrel. I don't believe that you will get the 16" you're looking for in a 13.7" barrel. Might want to consider SBR'ing the lower, or going to their 14.5".

ah, good call, i got some incorrect info somewhere. thanks for the heads up. looks like the quickcomp might make it but i would definately need to check on it first.

back to the drawing board
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top