Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 92 of 145)
Page / 145
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 03RN:
I'd love to see the heads explode in GD if they saw that last pic

A Mossberg 500, an M14, and a 1911
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Sling for the A4 clone, prefer the M1907 sling.  For a shooting aid can't go wrong after 110 years.  This one made in Jan 2012.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/69841da9-515e-4e2c-82b1-25d771490774.jpg

Other on my Mk13 in Iraq
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/9809700_50_.jpg

and on the M14 National Match (visiting son in Baghdad).  Pistol belt held a 44' Rem Rand M1911A1 with 105 rds.
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/P1000225.JPG

CD
I'd love to see the heads explode in GD if they saw that last pic

A Mossberg 500, an M14, and a 1911
Don't forget the 25mm Bushmaster w/coax M240!

CD
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
I'm not sure of the cloneliness, but Primary Arms has really good prices on Magpul slings right now.  You had to put 1 in a cart to find out what it was and the one I looked at was like half priced.  24.99 for a  magpul sling.  You would think some GI's would've used a magpul sling, but maybe not.......  CD could say.
View Quote
Won't say as I've never paid attention to the slings guys used, unless field expedient ie 550 cord, 2 qt canteen strap.

CD
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:32:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#3]
don't remember if I posted this one.

CD
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:42:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MRTEX] [#4]

Before sling and Optics

after sling and optics

i'm sure i have a better photo laying around somewhere =)

edit: that thing was stupid accurate by the way. fist size group on the face of a silhouette using green tip @ 200m with an ACOG and milspec trigger (obviously) this is Shaniqua.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone here ever compared accuracy with M5 RAS vs standard A2 handguard?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MikeE23666:
Has anyone here ever compared accuracy with M5 RAS vs standard A2 handguard?
View Quote
A test lol I demand a test
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a Colt A4 this morning NIB.  This thread is going to cost me quite a bit of money.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Shagohod:
I picked up a Colt A4 this morning NIB.  This thread is going to cost me quite a bit of money.
View Quote
Pics or you didn't do shit.

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
Don't they all, don't they all.......

but yeah, headslap for not posting pics.  Slacker.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry, didn't have time to post a pic yesterday.

Will be getting an Acog and RAS in the next week or so.  
I've watched this thread for a while now and have been setting money aside to make it happen.

I gotta say, the rifle feels very well balanced.  Taking it shooting in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry, didn't have time to post a pic yesterday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/452515/20170528-170137-218488.jpg

Will be getting an Acog and RAS in the next week or so.  
I've watched this thread for a while now and have been setting money aside to make it happen.

I gotta say, the rifle feels very well balanced.  Taking it shooting in the morning.
View Quote
Congrats! She is as beautyful as it gets.

for me, Colt is always the most pretty 20 incher
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:
Congrats! She is as beautyful as it gets.

for me, Colt is always the most pretty 20 incher
View Quote
Thanks!  Looking forward to getting it like several in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Thanks!  Looking forward to getting it like several in this thread.
View Quote
You will. 
I am actually working on another one myself. I sold the one pictured below (upper left) because neither upper nor lower satisfied me. So I bought a Colt A4 upper and the lower is a Nodak Spud, since Colt lowers are pretty much banned here in California. 
RAS, ACOG and other accessories - it's cool to actually have them.

Older Looking Ar15s
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's some A4s from my latest teaching gig

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#15]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:24:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhode] [#16]
Attachment Attached File

Here's one I assembled a few weeks ago. Still having issues with it cycling though. Reinstalled the gas tube but haven't had a chance for another range trip to verify.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#17]
new to the A4 Scene
kinda cheated but couldn't pass it up, i bought a PSA upper when they were on sale 199 and free shipping.
i know its not entirely clone correct but like i said 199 shipped.
looking for some deals on parts like the m5 ras and an a2 stock kit.
think im gonna do an army style build matech and a vortex strikefire in a QRP mount.
to cheap for a real Aimpoint.
Any heads up on a m5 RAS would be cool, KAC or P&S.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AL1EN:
Any heads up on a m5 RAS would be cool, KAC or P&S.
View Quote
This was an excellent price. Either wait for them to come back in stock, or be a little patient in the Equipment Exchange here.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 86HMMWV:

This was an excellent price. Either wait for them to come back in stock, or be a little patient in the Equipment Exchange here.
View Quote
I just backordered one so we will see if it ever comes back in stock.
Thanks for the tip
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#20]

I just backordered one so we will see if it ever comes back in stock.
Thanks for the tip
View Quote
You're welcome. I have a brand new P&S in my spare parts and an early Knight's Armament on my A4 rifle. The P&S looks and feels just as good as the Knight's. At a glance, the only discernable differences are the darker anodizing and whiter T-markings on the P&S.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#21]
see and thats worth the saving over a KAC to me.
and i read that p&S are used in the wild.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#22]
see and thats worth the saving over a KAC to me.
and i read that p&S are used in the wild.
View Quote
P&S holds a contract as well it's not just KAC
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:27:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ckopp636] [#23]
I can finally post a picture in this thread. This is my first "rifle", and I am loving it. Some day it will wear an Acog
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:46:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#24]
Originally Posted By ckopp636:
I can finally post a picture in this thread. This is my first "rifle", and I am loving it. Some day it will wear an Acog
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k507/Christopher_Kopp/DSC_0848_zps0lrvnt8n.jpg
View Quote
Congrats! She's beautiful.

Here's my second attempt. Lower is temporary crap. Picking up my Nodak A2 on Friday.
Upper and BCG, stock (military USGI) and pistol grip are pure Colt.

ETA: I do have an M5 RAS for her, but I am waiting to install it. I like the look and function of simplicity so much. 

Colt A4
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:49:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 86HMMWV] [#25]
ckopp636 and SoloDallas, both look great! I'm partial to them when they have a carry handle.

I was in my spare parts a week or so ago and saw that I am a barrel, BCG and stock shell away from another M16A4. I don't care if I build it or not as I don't need yet another AR, but if I find one of those FN barrels that came with the Palmetto upper assemblies (the barrel has to M4 ramps for my upper receiver), then I will put it together.

My ArmaLite A4 I built in 2010:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:07:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#26]
Originally Posted By 86HMMWV:
ckopp636 and SoloDallas, both look great! I'm partial to them when they have a carry handle.

I was in my spare parts a week or so ago and saw that I am a barrel, BCG and stock shell away from another M16A4. I don't care if I build it or not as I don't need yet another AR, but if I find one of those FN barrels that came with the Palmetto upper assemblies (the barrel has to M4 ramps for my upper receiver), then I will put it together.

My ArmaLite A4 I built in 2010:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/255608/IMG-0326-220196.JPG
View Quote
Thanks brother (yours look great as well). My AR15s also come and go - I have had a large number of them and I just sold an A4 recently.

However, I then realize I can't be without A1, A2 and A4. Must have them all (I too am partial to the carry handle, hence A1 and A2). So I purchased again but better this time, Colt upper etc.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:23:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#27]
Service post for FLDiveCop - seen your pictures on the previous page (and several others of yours) - usually you have a high contrast (most definitely your lighting) so I wanted to fix this one. High contrast and poor lighting often won't let the shape and color of our black rifles stand out as they deserve. 

Hope you won't mind if I retouched (though lightly) your picture. Pretty inspiring one, also.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#28]
SoloDallas, that A1 buttplate is making me wince.  LOL.   But besides that, looks really really good.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#29]
SoloDallas, that A1 buttplate is making me wince.  LOL.   But besides that, looks really really good.  
View Quote
You have a fine eye, Sir! 

Original A2 (Colt) parts incoming Sir (buttplate, screws - the A1 bottom buttplate screw is way longer than the A2 and you can see it sticking it out from that butt!), due on Friday (checks watch, date)
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:27:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#30]
I lied.
I said I wouldn't install the M5 and I lied.

Had to.

A4 Clone-ish
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#31]
The RAS just makes the A4 look so mean.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:17:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#32]
Where did you get the IR laser?  Is it real?

Sometimes I feel like I wanna get an airsoft one and attach it to my A2 20"er, the old fashioned way.  Where the two mounts attached directly to the barrel.......    For no good reason other than it looks cool.   I can't afford real NV stuff.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:24:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#33]
Where did you get the IR laser?  Is it real?

Sometimes I feel like I wanna get an airsoft one and attach it to my A2 20"er, the old fashioned way.  Where the two mounts attached directly to the barrel.......    For no good reason other than it looks cool.   I can't afford real NV stuff.
View Quote
It's real and for sale (will list it in the EE in days). It's essentially brand new - never seen one in this condition. Bought it on eGay last year 

ETA: I used to have some airsoft stuff, especially when back in Shitaly (grew up there) because simply, some stuff you couldn't own there.
I'll tell you this: after a while, you hate the airsoft accessories you end up using on your clones. They look fake (unless - for example - you completely paint them and then, still) and you knowing they ain't the real deal you simply don't appreciate their presence. 

They end up being thrown in the bin and you revert to the simplicity of your gun.
I bought almost every one of these laser pointers - some military - and after a while, I don't even want them on the gun anymore. 

They're great for the impression and all - if you use them to hunt, more power to you - but after a while you really want a light stick that suits you properly.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:32:25 AM EDT
[#34]
True that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Just ordered the parts kit with CHF barrel from PSA for $599 shipped.  I know that the CHF barrel isn't "clone correct," but it should be close.  

What other things are off on the PSA Upper?  

I ordered the P&S M5 from Brownells (backorderd).  Came to $94.60 shipped with my Edge membership and C&R discount.  Bought another small item, and then used a $10 off coupong.  Not bad.

I'll be running a KAC Micro, which is clone correct for the rear sight, right?

So much excite.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By purevl2:
Just ordered the parts kit with CHF barrel from PSA for $599 shipped.  I know that the CHF barrel isn't "clone correct," but it should be close.  

I ordered the P&S M5 from Brownells (backorderd).  Came to $94.60 shipped with my Edge membership and C&R discount.  Bought another small item, and then used a $10 off coupong.  Not bad.

So much excite.
View Quote
The M4 feed ramps aren't correct, but many of us have those. And for the rear sight, if I wasn't to have the carry handle attached, I would use my Matech which is correct.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:22:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#37]

So much excite.
View Quote
KAC Micro is not to my knowledge clone correct.  Close but not correct.  For a Marine clone it will either be a detachable carrying handle or KAC 600. (not 100%)
For a Army version it would be a Matech BUIS which is issued (and cheapest)  Since I'm retired Army I'll drop a Matech on mine.

I'm looking for a rifle upper to replace my carbine ramped upper.  I have had about a 2% failure to feed rate with a M4 upper/Rifle extension.

CD
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#38]

So much excite.
View Quote
Mine is the same as yours.  PSA CHF kit, P&S, and yes I know the Magpul grip isn't correct

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

KAC Micro is not to my knowledge clone correct.  Close but not correct.  For a Marine clone it will either be a detachable carrying handle or KAC 600. (not 100%)
CD
View Quote
USMC adopted the KAC 2-600m Micro.  Even had them marked USMC.
They are all over the place for sale, more of them have probably been stolen than used by Marines.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:

They are all over the place for sale, more of them have probably been stolen than used by Marines.
View Quote
That's what I thought, but I wanted to substantiate.  I have a takeoff set from one of my SR25's I'm going to use, then.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:

View Quote
Stand corrected.  Navy is using the KAC 600 then.  That's what I got from Crane.

CD
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By cone256:

Mine is the same as yours.  PSA CHF kit, P&S, and yes I know the Magpul grip isn't correct

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/214520/Screenshot-20170602-132658-221761.JPG
View Quote
Thanks for the teaser!
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 6/3/2017 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Forgive my ignorance, but is the RCO model Acog the only clone correct model?

I plan on ordering an Acog today, but I prefer the looks of the TA31F over the RCO.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 1:40:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlDiveCop71] [#45]
Forgive my ignorance, but is the RCO model Acog the only clone correct model?

I plan on ordering an Acog today, but I prefer the looks of the TA31F over the RCO.
View Quote
The first ACOGs used with the M16A4 were the TA01-NSN & the TA31-F models, however, the most prevalent AGOC (by far) used during the M16A4's front line service life has been the TA31RCO-A4.
The TA31RCO-M150 ACOG - though originally designed for use with the M4/M4A1 with a 14.5" barrel, has been used with a number of Army M16A4s as well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#46]
RCO is on the way.

My first clone build so wanting to do it right.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:13:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#47]
So happy with how it came out this time. I used quality stuff as opposed to my previous A4 'clone'. One of the things I am happiest about is having removed logos of random companies. It is either FN or Colt for me - for the clones I can't stand anything else and frankly these days, a clean lower is worth its weight in gold. No crap, just the essentials AND a great finish. It completely matches 100% the Colt upper - that velvet-like black finish.

Colt upper, Nodak-Spud lower (no Colt here in CA) and all Colt original internals. Trigger is Geissele one stage.
Happy happy. AND it looks great, this time. The buttstock is a new Colt and feels like velvet as well. 

Using my NSN on this one though I have a couple of RCOs.

ETA: I Have seen the Tango-Down grip used by some Marines in pictures from 'abroad', so I went on and added that. So comfortable and easy to remove - move around.

Colt-Nodak M16A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr

Colt-Nodak M16A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr

Colt-Nodak M16A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Snip

View Quote
Don't they look identical? Where do you see the differences
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:
Don't they look identical? Where do you see the differences
View Quote
I think he's probably referring to the fact that the TA31-F doesn't normally come with the TA91 Tenebraex® killFlash® that the TA31RCO-A4 is usually seen with, and maybe also that the TA31-F ACOG doesn't have the same adjuster-cap(s) & cap-lanyard that the TA31RCO-A4 uses.. or maybe he's referring to the reticle difference (The TA31-F doesn't have the stadia lines/references that the RCO-A4 has).
Other than those small differences, the physical housings between the two models are identical... in fact - if one really wanted to go the distance - they could technically retro-fit the RCO-A4's adjuster caps & cap-lanyard & kill flash to a TA31F, and then it would have the exact same outward appearance as that of the TA31RCO-A4 ACOG.

Other than that though, I have no idea what he means about the TA31-F having better looks....
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Thought so!
Page / 145
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 92 of 145)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top