Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 133
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By officerX:

Yes!  I can’t push/pull the pins by hand.  I have to use a tool to push them out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thatARMSguy:
That's pretty neat, reminds me of the Colt SCW buffer system. Is taking it down annoying with the spring constantly pushing on the upper?

Yes!  I can’t push/pull the pins by hand.  I have to use a tool to push them out.

What's the benefit to that setup?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View Quote

Are you talking about having to use a tool to push the pins or the gun setup itself?

When I say use a tool to push the pins, I don’t mean a specific tool, I just need something hard/rigid to push the pins out from the off side.  They’re very tight.

That buffer setup is shorten than a normal system so it’s just an overall shorter setup, especially with a 7.5” barrel.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Are you talking about having to use a tool to push the pins or the gun setup itself?

When I say use a tool to push the pins, I don’t mean a specific tool, I just need something hard/rigid to push the pins out from the off side.  They’re very tight.

That buffer setup is shorten than a normal system so it’s just an overall shorter setup, especially with a 7.5” barrel.
View All Quotes

I was talking about the buffer nesting into the BCG.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Just makes it shorter, more compact.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw this in the E.E.
What is it? Early Gen 3?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

Interesting concept.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:04:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#7]
Originally Posted By kavants:
Saw this in the E.E.
What is it? Early Gen 3?
View Quote

There was no gen 2 upper.  It’s probably an early gen 3 that’s been painted.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#9]

There was no gen 2 upper.  And with that grey color, I’m going to say it’s been painted.  For all we know it could be an SMOS.
View Quote

I thought SMOS as well, but if you look closely at the pictures the Noveske logo is on the oposite side of the Gen 3.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:29:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kavants] [#10]

What is that one considered? Early Gen 3? Are the logos printed? Lasered?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#11]

I thought SMOS as well, but if you look closely at the pictures the Noveske logo is on the oposite side of the Gen 3.
View Quote

Yes, I had forgotten about that.  I went back and changed my comment.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Yes, early gen 3, similar to that “gen 2”.  It doesn’t have the NOVESKE cut into the other side.  I guess it’s lasered, not 100% sure, but it’s not just painted on, the letters have some depth to them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:48:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#13]
I wished I'd of held onto a few more of my pre Sandy Hook Noveske shit..............................
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:11:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Yes, early gen 3, similar to that “gen 2”.  It doesn’t have the NOVESKE cut into the other side.  I guess it’s lasered, not 100% sure, but it’s not just painted on, the letters have some depth to them.
View All Quotes

To me that looks like an SMOS billet upper regardless of how it’s labeled.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:37:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Jnat:

To me that looks like an SMOS billet upper regardless of how it’s labeled.
View Quote

That’s because SMOS was the OEM for Noveske uppers at the time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:19:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jnat] [#16]
10-4.  For builds, even on a noveske lower I’ve always preferred the look of the unbranded upper.

Also were not the MUR uppers considered gen2 ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Jnat:
10-4.  For builds, even on a noveske lower I’ve always preferred the look of the unbranded upper.

Also were not the MUR uppers considered gen2 ?
View Quote

The MUR were used a lot with gen 2 lowers but I don’t know that they were really considered a Noveske gen 2 upper.  I’ve not seen that anywhere or heard anyone refer to it as such.  

Pic thread:
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:04:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBills-AR] [#18]
" />

A few of my earlier Gen 3 uppers, and yes SMOS made them. They are laser marked.

Not really such a thing as a Gen 2 upper. The Vltor Noveske MUR was made a little different than the regular MUR to go with the SWS hanguards per Johns request I believe.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:18:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By WildBills-AR:
https://i.imgur.com/54FPzJB.jpeg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/54FPzJB.jpeg

A few of my earlier Gen 3 uppers, and yes SMOS made them. They are laser marked.

Not really such a thing as a Gen 2 upper. The Vltor Noveske MUR was made a little different than the regular MUR to go with the SWS hanguards per Johns request I believe.
View Quote

Yup, has the anti rotation pin hole and a little more material directly behind barrel extension threads
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:49:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jsxtreme] [#20]
Currently has an early 18" 556 barrel in it, but I have a 6 arc incoming.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#21]
It's a shame that Noveske doesn't make 17" rails anymore. They look great on DMR style builds.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:07:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jsxtreme] [#22]
Originally Posted By manticore:
It's a shame that Noveske doesn't make 17" rails anymore. They look great on DMR style builds.
View Quote

I know. I would love to have one in M-lock. I actually prefer keymod, but its definitely on its last leg.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Yessir!
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Yessir!
View All Quotes

Yessir!

^^^^^

Reminds me of a 300BLK upper I built years ago and should've kept.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Gen 2 Noveske lowers were the best they have ever made
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#27]
This page brings back good memories. I get nostalgic whenever I look back at the first 40 pages of this thread.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Little something I have been working on. Rebuilt this early Gen 3 upper that was factory built with a 9" SWS quad and Afghan FSB barrel, from 2014.

" />
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I realized I didn't have a single non spray painted FDE rifle in the house so I bought a Gen 3 Match Set in FDE then sent the NSR & Recon Barrel to ankratz to get coated................Have many an option for optic but no clue what I'm really gonna do with it...................................

Run of the mill Noveske Recon setup probably end up in the corner somewhere lol...................................
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Where's the best places to keep on eye for stock on good deal for a gen 4 lower? When I built my first AR the gen 2 Novekse was the hot thing, they left an impression and I've always wanted one. As a lefty the gen 4 is really appealing. I'm leaning towards a gen 3 upper and rail.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:44:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#31]
Originally Posted By ihv800:
Where's the best places to keep on eye for stock on good deal for a gen 4 lower? When I built my first AR the gen 2 Novekse was the hot thing, they left an impression and I've always wanted one. As a lefty the gen 4 is really appealing. I'm leaning towards a gen 3 upper and rail.
View Quote

Gen 4 lower in stock at Primary Arms

https://www.primaryarms.com/noveske-rifleworks-n4-gen-4-stripped-ambidextrous-ar-15-lower-receiver

Capitol Armory

https://www.capitolarmory.com/noveske-gen-4-stripped-lower-receiver-ar15.html

esilencers .com

https://esilencers.com/product/noveske-gen-4-lower-receiver/
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Didn't realize Primary carried Noveske, wish I could have used their recent 12% coupon. Oh well, thanks for the heads up sir!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#33]
The Gen 4 lower isn't going to be a problem, but the Gen 3 uppers and rails are basically vaporware right now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:39:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#34]
Originally Posted By manticore:
The Gen 4 lower isn't going to be a problem, but the Gen 3 uppers and rails are basically vaporware right now.
View Quote

From retailers, yes.  I see them all the time on TacSwap and the Noveske Facebook groups.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:10:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Headbarcode] [#35]
Originally Posted By ihv800:
View Quote
I'm not a lefty, but am left eye dominant, so I flip back and forth when using the magnifier. I ended up using the gen 4 mostly ambi lower, because it saved me from having to hang extra ambi parts on it like the phase5 bolt catch/release lever on it. I paired it with a gen 3 infidel complete factory upper because I liked the styling of the receiver more than the gen 4. The only functional difference between the gen 3 and 4 uppers is the rail. The gen 3 only has mlok slots at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock, whereas the gen 4 also has mlok at the four 45  positions. It didn't bother me personally because I prefer the Arisaka offset weaponlight mount over their inline, which allows more room under and behind the tail cap for wire management.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Damn, I want that Zippo Went searching several months back but no dice  Rifle looks good, too
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By NoveskeFan:

Damn, I want that Zippo Went searching several months back but no dice  Rifle looks good, too
View Quote

Thanks!  I posted WTB ads everywhere I could.  Got a reply from a Facebook group from a guy about 1.5 hours away from me.  We worked out a trade deal and we both walked away happy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#39]

Dang. Y'all were right about the Vltor MUR upper being different from the Noveske Vltor MUR.

Don't know if I want to spend the $280 for the correct upper and pay to have it coated AND tear down my Johnny clone just to build it back more "correct."

But now I can't unsee it
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Bringo:

Dang. Y'all were right about the Vltor MUR upper being different from the Noveske Vltor MUR.

Don't know if I want to spend the $280 for the correct upper and pay to have it coated AND tear down my Johnny clone just to build it back more "correct."

But now I can't unsee it
View Quote

The Noveske MUR is more robust, and has more rigidity. It's supposed to lead to increased accuracy, but I've seen zero data to back that up.

Hey, if you swap it, you can always use that upper to build another rifle! :)

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 7:48:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CSGroup] [#42]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:
I realized I didn't have a single non spray painted FDE rifle in the house so I bought a Gen 3 Match Set in FDE then sent the NSR & Recon Barrel to ankratz to get coated................Have many an option for optic but no clue what I'm really gonna do with it...................................

https://i.imgur.com/RRZedCk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/93fm0YO.jpg?1

Run of the mill Noveske Recon setup probably end up in the corner somewhere lol...................................
View Quote

damn....now im going to have to stay at my desk for no less than 15 minutes to let this stiffy go down.....thanks a lot
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#43]

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53633741528_eaf37cf0fa_h.jpg

But now I can't unsee it
View All Quotes

But now I can't unsee it

leave it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#45]
nice

a gen 1 N6 is still an awesome rifle

the newer micro switchblock's work out pretty good with the old SWS rails with a little modification if your going to attach a muffler to the end of it

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#46]
i never get tired of seeing pics of your rifles as they're all just flat out awesome , i wish there was a 2 thumbs up emoji to put here
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
i never get tired of seeing pics of your rifles as they're all just flat out awesome , i wish there was a 2 thumbs up emoji to put here
View All Quotes

Thanks man.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#48]
nice

a gen 1 N6 is still an awesome rifle

the newer micro switchblock's work out pretty good with the old SWS rails with a little modification if your going to attach a muffler to the end of it

https://i.postimg.cc/BbNVF7r3/micro_switchblock.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/x89ZcVFg/micro_switchblock_2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/wjH2H0fh/Inked20220410_145645_LI.jpg

View Quote

I’ll check into that.  It’s got an AGB on it right now but obviously a Switchblock would be the better option for switching between suppressed and unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:58:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bringo] [#50]
Originally Posted By M4ger:

leave it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4ger:

But now I can't unsee it

leave it.

Shoot, if you say to leave it, I'll leave it!

Making some changes to my other Noveske:

The FCD safeties are rad.

ETA:

Page / 133
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top