Site Notices
Page / 133
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]

just got my pistol back. now i just need to wait for my tax stamp
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:53:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Showing up strong!  Nice, are you the guy that commented on my youtube video?  Welcome!  

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:38:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gleason128] [#3]
No comment from me, but looks like there another one out in the wild!  How do you like that scope setup and what kind of distance are you shooting?

Pic thread!

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
This page is starting out right.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Only my upper and muzzle device are Noveske... Hopefully I fit in here.

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By gleason128:
No comment from me, but looks like there another one out in the wild!  How do you like that scope setup and what kind of distance are you shooting?

Pic thread!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l155/ballndawg07/IMG_0254.jpg
View Quote

There was another guy that bought a non switchblock who was commenting on a YT video I have of this.  He said he was going to join here. Thought maybe it was you.  

I like the set-up, only shooting 100 right now.  That was really the only day I've had a chance to get it out for any time so far.  It is crazy how smooth the action is, isnt it?  I love it..    

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
And my 10.3" Colt Uppered CQBR...  With a little somethin in the magwell

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Vol_fan: http://i.imgur.com/1V9PI4z.jpg
View Quote
Nice rifle.  Set up very well

My Noveske "KAC Legacy" clone in progress now that the gas tube has arrived.

Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Vol_fan:
http://i.imgur.com/1V9PI4z.jpg
View Quote

Very Nice Rifle

Pic Thread
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By M4ger:
Nice rifle.  Set up very well

My Noveske "KAC Legacy" clone in progress now that the gas tube has arrived.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3698/32493207693_dd6b25675f_k.jpg
View Quote

Love that old Noveske lower
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I know this is a picture thread but where are you guys finding uppers and lowers regularly? Rainier is about the only one I know of off the top of my head and they are never in stock. I want to build one up not do complete rifle.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Hitman9921:
I know this is a picture thread but where are you guys finding uppers and lowers regularly? Rainier is about the only one I know of off the top of my head and they are never in stock. I want to build one up not do complete rifle.
View Quote

check gunbroker. I feel like M4ger just swaps out his furniture unless he just has an endless supply of noveske forged lowers and KAC rails.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Hitman9921: I know this is a picture thread but where are you guys finding uppers and lowers regularly? Rainier is about the only one I know of off the top of my head and they are never in stock. I want to build one up not do complete rifle.
View Quote
The EE here is usually populated with various generations of Noveske lowers and uppers.

I've seen a handful of stripped and assembled uppers come up recently.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TBone556: check gunbroker. I feel like M4ger just swaps out his furniture unless he just has an endless supply of noveske forged lowers and KAC rails.
View Quote

It's not endless but I do buy a lot.  Definitely a meager amount compared to some others here.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Pop quiz Noveske hot shots… what is TC building now?

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I wonder how many times that rifle has been cloned.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:21:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#22]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
Pop quiz Noveske hot shots… what is TC building now?

http://i.imgur.com/iIhH6mS.jpg
View Quote
My gun (but you landed a S&B). 

That Recoil article started me out on my first build.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:08:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Drop12:
I wonder how many times that rifle has been cloned.
View Quote

Hah, to my knowledge nobody has ever cloned it as close as I am. There's a ton of parts that were crazy hard to source or details I paid attention to including:

- Original 10.2 300 blackout barrel (vs. 10.5)
- Deep socket AAC flash hider
- Original Noveske 5-slot keymod rail
- half-moon safety selector (friends at Noveske had to dig deep in the barrel to find that one)
- Noveske ADM mount with old-style markings (friends at Noveske contacted ADM and got them to build me one custom one-off with the original markings!)
- Coated Noveske marked BCM charging handle (most people forget to coat this)
- Old style NSR rail with the holes between the slots

Anyway, I set out to create the perfect clone and I'm super close! The only thing I haven't done yet is get the barrel coated black. It's coming though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:19:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Hah, to my knowledge nobody has ever cloned it as close as I am. There's a ton of parts that were crazy hard to source or details I paid attention to including:

- half-moon safety selector (friends at Noveske had to dig deep in the barrel to find that one)
- Noveske ADM mount with old-style markings (friends at Noveske contacted ADM and got them to build me one custom one-off with the original markings!)

Anyway, I set out to create the perfect clone and I'm super close! The only thing I haven't done yet is get the barrel coated black. It's coming though.
View Quote

Love the attention to detail going into this, and this color way is gonna be awesome. Definitely keep us updated. If not on here your instagram.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:28:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Chincy:

Love the attention to detail going into this, and this color way is gonna be awesome. Definitely keep us updated. If not on here your instagram.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What is his IG?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Here are another of her, I don't think I have any photos on here showing the BCG...  It it has a matched bolt and barrel too...

And the cross on the barrel...

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:07:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shoooooots] [#28]
Noveske Gen2 lower
16" 1:7 5.56 PSA upper
7.0 LaRue rail
Wilson Combat MBT drop-in
Magpul CTR stock
Hogue grip
Trijicon MRO on LaRue LT839 mount
Troy BUIS
Blue Force Gear sling
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:05:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ego_Trip] [#29]
New to the forum, and to Noveske. I just finished my first build that I built for my son.

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ego_Trip:
New to the forum, and to Noveske. I just finished my first build that I built for my son.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p225/ego_trip_2007/JaxRifle4_zpseo1gwat2.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p225/ego_trip_2007/JaxRifleFixed_zpsq6noovcw.jpg
View Quote

Nice work looks great and he's a cutie. FYI u have personal info in that album which is public
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#31]
No clue if I've posted this one here before. It's hard to keep up with what I've posted where
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I've got a gen 3 noveske lower, and I'm planing on on putting a noveske upper with it.  Do they make an upper without a forward assist that matches up?  I figured this was the best place to ask.  I promise to add pictures when the time comes
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:42:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ego_Trip] [#33]
Nice work looks great and he's a cutie. FYI u have personal info in that album which is public
View Quote

Thanks, and thanks... I've since removed that info.

I assume that it's because I'm new that I can't embed the image, rather than a link.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#34]

I assume that it's because I'm new that I can't embed the image, rather than a link.
View All Quotes

Correct. Try imgur.com and embed just the link to that specific pic until you can post pics here
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By trowe2:
I've got a gen 3 noveske lower, and I'm planing on on putting a noveske upper with it.  Do they make an upper without a forward assist that matches up?  I figured this was the best place to ask.  I promise to add pictures when the time comes
View Quote
I don't have the VLTOR MUR1-S any more, but that would be the closest thing to working with your Gen3 lower that has no forward assist.

SMOS (Stubborn Mule Outdoor Supply) also has one here.

HTH.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ego_Trip] [#36]
Can't seem to get the links to work.

So by the end of the year I will be trying to do a sorta, clone of  John's  SBR.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#37]
That's weird.  They work for me on 2 different browsers.

The MUR1S is at joeboboutfitters with free shipping for $162. SMOS has their non-FA upper for around $250 in various colors.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Just made the first post about it over there. Lots to follow.

Originally Posted By Jlgil73:What is his IG?

I'm @jb over on Insta

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:11:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FrostyOK] [#39]
Originally Posted By trowe2:
View Quote

They do have a Thunder Ranch upper available that has no forward assist. It's a 14.5 pin and weld from the factory.

https://www.noveske.com/products/gen-iii-thunder-ranch-upper
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:48:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheManimal] [#42]

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Just made the first post about it over there. Lots to follow.

I'm @jb over on Insta

Pic thread:

http://i.imgur.com/5HdG3tT.jpg
View Quote
Looks awesome!

Yea, mines not even SBR'd yet. But I do have the correct barrel, rail, receivers and suppressor. The short dot will never happen. I guess it's technically more of an inspired build, but it is my favorite AR.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: Did you coat the barrel?
Pretty sure John used guncoat black on his.
I sprayed mine with some high temp black engine paint and baked it.  Turned out surprisingly well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By RainierArms:

We are receiving very regular shipments from Noveske now.  They usually go pretty quickly when they come in.  However, if you are looking to get one pre-allocated to you, you can reach out to our team member directly assigned to handle Noveske special orders or pre-orders.  They can get you on the list.  email is [email protected]  Even if we don't carry it, we can get it for you.  I also happen to know that we are getting a bunch of N4 Chainsaw lowers in very shortly
View Quote
Don't tell me that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By TheManimal:

Looks awesome!

Yea, mines not even SBR'd yet. But I do have the correct barrel, rail, receivers and suppressor. The short dot will never happen. I guess it's technically more of an inspired build, but it is my favorite AR.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351914/DoubleTrouble-162311-167983.JPG

I sprayed mine with some high temp black engine paint and baked it.  Turned out surprisingly well.
View Quote
That looks really good! You nailed a lot of the details.

Good catch on the barrel. I didn't want to mess with cerakote so I had plans to do the same thing you did, just coat it with high temp paint and then another coat of standard gun paint to get the right sheen. However, since I bought my factory upper I didn't really want to mess with unpinning the gas block and taking the barrel nut off once I got to that point. I decided to assemble it as-is, knowing that I can always take it off and coat it later if I need to.

Love that RAL8000 coat you have on that other SBR back there. I've been considering coating my Diplomat in that color instead of FDE.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Good catch on the barrel. I didn't want to mess with cerakote so I had plans to do the same thing you did, just coat it with high temp paint and then another coat of standard gun paint to get the right sheen. However, since I bought my factory upper I didn't really want to mess with unpinning the gas block and taking the barrel nut off once I got to that point. I decided to assemble it as-is, knowing that I can always take it off and coat it later if I need to.

Love that RAL8000 coat you have on that other SBR back there. I've been considering coating my Diplomat in that color instead of FDE.
View All Quotes

Looks awesome!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351914/DoubleTrouble-162311-167983.JPG

Wise move not messing with the gas block. Mine was built part by part and I had to take it to my gunsmith when I tried pinning that sucker.

RAL8000 spray paint came from this site. After shipping it's a ridiculous amount for a can of paint, but one can is enough to put a couple coats on each part. I didn't bake it and might end up putting another coat on and putting it in the oven; it wears pretty easily. After all was said and done it was worth it as I think it looks more...RAD than fde.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Wise move not messing with the gas block. Mine was built part by part and I had to take it to my gunsmith when I tried pinning that sucker.

RAL8000 spray paint came from this site. After shipping it's a ridiculous amount for a can of paint, but one can is enough to put a couple coats on each part. I didn't bake it and might end up putting another coat on and putting it in the oven; it wears pretty easily. After all was said and done it was worth it as I think it looks more...RAD than fde.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351914/ralveske-170205.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:23:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 808state] [#47]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:
Here are another of her, I don't think I have any photos on here showing the BCG...  It it has a matched bolt and barrel too...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2839/33391226556_c3c62ad819_k.jpg

And the cross on the barrel...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3917/32588755494_47ad14050f_k.jpg
View Quote
How do you like the EO grip?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:47:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fulautotank] [#48]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By fulautotank:
View Quote
I'll take the bait. Why the long face guy?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#50]
She's finally done and I've finally taken a picture worth posting.

Page / 133
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top