Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 219
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I know who it is. I was just speaking generally as to why there might seem like a disproportionate number of lefties in photos.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Dom's rail is shorter, and the rig patriot_man posted looks to have a different rail, possibly a G?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Originally Posted By patriot_man:
https://33.media.tumblr.com/cd3b6db77e2aa3befcc0d6332165ac9f/tumblr_nb9yd6Yei81tl3jndo1_1280.jpg

Apparently this photo is from the Alabama Maersk hijacking. Evolution of the short recce (10.5") or perhaps it's a 14.5" with a reflex suppressor?

I think it's a 10.5"  

Here's a 14.5" for reference:

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac108/SJasper84/unnamed-1.png

Dom's rail is shorter, and the rig patriot_man posted looks to have a different rail, possibly a G?

i think the pic is just distorted making it look longer..but the 10" and 14.5" have the same length rails..
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WE-06:
That guy is Dom Raso, and I am 99.9% sure he is right handed.

Edit: Nor do I believe it has anything to do with eye dominance, I think it is just the picture. The RMR appears to be angled to the right from what I can tell.
View Quote

Yes got an IG for all you instagramers
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#4]
20140907_184710_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TannerB:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/p8NxJt" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3898/15184503035_c35fc78d77_c.jpg</a>20140907_184710_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
View Quote

CQBSyes!!! I covet your scope.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:
Originally Posted By TannerB:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/p8NxJt" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3898/15184503035_c35fc78d77_c.jpg</a>20140907_184710_1 by tb5252, on Flickr

DSG just had some on sale last week for $2,350... If only I had $2350 laying around
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#7]
So, what do you guys think: shave the FSB or leave it? I need to make my mind up before pinning an SF3P.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
So, what do you guys think: shave the FSB or leave it? I need to make my mind up before pinning an SF3P.

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/secretwheelman/100_1161_zps4052995c.jpg

View Quote

If you're going with magnification I say shave it.  That's my preference.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I say leave it and use a NT4 flash hider to keep it old school.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#10]

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/secretwheelman/100_1161_zps4052995c.jpg

View Quote

I'd be trying to find as many photos of early JSOC carbines as I could before I shaved it. Or ask Augee...
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#11]

I'd be trying to find as many photos of early JSOC carbines as I could before I shaved it. Or ask Augee...
View All Quotes

Started looking around and I'm kinda stuck between Spooner and Horrigan.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Rather than going the 100% "clone correct" route, you could simply "get both."  

IIRC, there's a used ARMS #41B front sight/gas block on the EE currently - you could flip it up for the "FSP" look, or you can flip it down, out of the way and have "close" to the shaved FSB look.

I'm considering doing this myself with an MRE, and possibly if I ever get another RIS II FSP.  

As far as the muzzle device goes, I'd of course vote M4QD Comp, but then again, I own an NT4 to put on it.  

If you use an SF3P, you could probably justify that it looks similar enough to an updated "B. E. Meyers" that's suppressor compatible.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I would recommend a KAC Flip-up FSB or a PRI, the type that was used on the MK12, I have seen both in pictures from that time.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By Augee:

IIRC, there's a used ARMS #41B front sight/gas block on the EE currently - you could flip it up for the "FSP" look, or you can flip it down, out of the way and have "close" to the shaved FSB look.

I'm considering doing this myself with an MRE, and possibly if I ever get another RIS II FSP.  

As far as the muzzle device goes, I'd of course vote M4QD Comp, but then again, I own an NT4 to put on it.  

If you use an SF3P, you could probably justify that it looks similar enough to an updated "B. E. Meyers" that's suppressor compatible.  

~Augee
View Quote
It's not gonna be a 1to1, 100% clone anyway, so I may leave the FSB for now. Who knows, I may change my mind down the road and slap a 551 on there.

And, That's my thinking behind the SF3P. As of right now, all my muzzle devices are either OPS 12ths or SF3Ps. That way I only need two different suppressors.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#15]

~Augee
View Quote

I think that ARMS #41B or maybe even the PRi sight would look pretty cool.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Please don't shave it, looks great, optic won't bother you. My FS doesn't bother at all even when my variable is at 1x.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

~Augee

I need to see some photographic evidence before I go too far.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I would leave it. Looks awesome
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:14:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#19]

View All Quotes

~Augee

Probably ain't out there, which is why Augee said it wouldn't be 100% clone-correct. Way I see it is you got two options for 100% clone-correctness: shaved or standard.

ETA: And what's going on with the forward part of Bob's rail? Is the whole top portion of the rail shaved ahead of the FSB as well?

IMHO, I'd probably leave the FSB as it is; you won't see it with magnified optics and you'll have the co-witness should you decide to use an old Aimpoint or EOTech.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I vote leave it how it is and do something like the top pic.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Best I can do for y'all are these photos that Duffy, now of Battle Arms Development fame has posted in the past - not a KAC MRE - but it gives you the general idea, I suppose:

ETA: And what's going on with the forward part of Bob's rail? Is the whole top portion of the rail shaved ahead of the FSB as well?

IMHO, I'd probably leave the FSB as it is; you won't see it with magnified optics and you'll have the co-witness should you decide to use an old Aimpoint or EOTech.
View Quote

The MRE was manufactured as two variants - the MRE-A and the MRE-B which used the same "base" MRE rail that extends around the FSB to full length.  

The portion in front of the FSB is removable, referred to as the "filler tube," and came in two varieties - the MRE-A model, which is what MSG Horrigan had on his weapon used a "smooth" filler tube that simply filled the rail section forward of the FSB, giving the user 3 and 9 o'clock rails, but no 12 or 6 o'clock rails.  

The MRE-B model came with the railed filler tube for a full "quad rail" profile forward of the FSB.  

The MRE-B model seems to have been more common - both in documented photographs, and how often they come up for sale when they come up for sale, and more were likely produced of it (I'm sure someone could just ask KAC, but that's neither here nor there).  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:39:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#22]

Probably ain't out there, which is why Augee said it wouldn't be 100% clone-correct. Way I see it is you got two options for 100% clone-correctness: shaved or standard.

View All Quotes

That is the elusive model-A MRE which had no rail section.

And, I meant stateside pics of a flip up fsb with an fsp rail, not necessarily "in the wild" pics.

Best I can do for y'all are these photos that Duffy, now of Battle Arms
Development fame has posted in the past - not a KAC MRE - but it gives
you the general idea, I suppose:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/arms6.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/armssight.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/untitled2-1.jpg

Kinda diggin' that PRI FSB.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By OneRanger:
Please don't shave it, looks great, optic won't bother you. My FS doesn't bother at all even when my variable is at 1x.
View Quote

I say leave it also.  I always like the look of the FSB on an AR for some reason.  Plus, like he said, I have a 2 x 7 and on 2 I never see anything.  I don't have FSB but I have one of those LMT screw on things that's like a FSB.  I didn't realize you wouldn't see it on 1x though.  Sweet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

I say leave it also.  I always like the look of the FSB on an AR for some reason.  Plus, like he said, I have a 2 x 7 and on 2 I never see anything.  I don't have FSB but I have one of those LMT screw on things that's like a FSB.  I didn't realize you wouldn't see it on 1x though.  Sweet.
View All Quotes

These guys are right. Leave it with the FSB.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Just posted some of these in another thread but I thought they kinda sorta belong here too. Not a real recce but it's set up in a recon configuration.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:11:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#26]

Best I can do for y'all are these photos that Duffy, now of Battle Arms Development fame has posted in the past - not a KAC MRE - but it gives you the general idea, I suppose:

The MRE was manufactured as two variants - the MRE-A and the MRE-B which used the same "base" MRE rail that extends around the FSB to full length.  

The portion in front of the FSB is removable, referred to as the "filler tube," and came in two varieties - the MRE-A model, which is what MSG Horrigan had on his weapon used a "smooth" filler tube that simply filled the rail section forward of the FSB, giving the user 3 and 9 o'clock rails, but no 12 or 6 o'clock rails.  

The MRE-B model came with the railed filler tube for a full "quad rail" profile forward of the FSB.  

The MRE-B model seems to have been more common - both in documented photographs, and how often they come up for sale when they come up for sale, and more were likely produced of it (I'm sure someone could just ask KAC, but that's neither here nor there).  

~Augee
View All Quotes

~Augee

Roger, never knew there were so many variations out there. Super cool rail, cool history.

And I think I dig the PRi Mk12 block/sight better too. You could technically assume an armorer out there somewhere built one for some cool guy in a JSOC outfit.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:38:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo] [#27]
Since we're talking about the KAC MRE.  Here's my old school carbine.  I always thought that carbines with MRE rails and magnified optics would have made excellent Recce rifles.

Here's some cool history on the MRE I got directly from the source over 10 years ago.

When we first made our standard FF Rail Forend for M16's/M4's, particularly the Short M4 Carbine model, was adopted by several Tier One units. These units generally obtain such equipment log before the public release of same. After a few months, one sub-element of a unit came to us and asked us to some how extend the rails so they could mount flashlights & lasers further forward and thereby "clear" the rear of the rail forend for normal grasping of the weapon. Several of these guys either did not like using a Forward Pistol Grip, or wanted there big lights on the 6 o'clock rail, but also wanted to use the Forward Grip. So Mr. Doug Olson the engineer and designer of these rail; systems took a Rifle Length FF RAS, and cut out the front ends of the upper and lower rails, and then designed the Filler Piece (s) to help stabilize the two protruding side rails together at the front. It is a little tenuous to re-install the gas block taper pins, but its certainly worth the More real Estate (MRE) when you consider what you gain in return. I also think this style forend is the best way to improve the look and functionality of early post-ban Colt Carbines with long plain jane "Sara Brady" barrels.

Sincerely,

Dave Lutz VP MilOps KAC
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:40:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#28]

Roger, never knew there were so many variations out there. Super cool rail, cool history.

And I think I dig the PRi Mk12 block/sight better too. You could technically assume an armorer out there somewhere built one for some cool guy in a JSOC outfit.

View All Quotes

<snip>

I am seriously debating puling the PRI off my genIII mod0 to see if I like it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
Since we're talking about the KAC MRE.  Here's my old school carbine.  I always thought that carbines with MRE rails and magnified optics would have made excellent Recce rifles.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/P3030019c.JPG

Here's some cool history on the MRE I got directly from the source over 10 years ago.

When we first made our standard FF Rail Forend for M16's/M4's, particularly the Short M4 Carbine model, was adopted by several Tier One units. These units generally obtain such equipment log before the public release of same. After a few months, one sub-element of a unit came to us and asked us to some how extend the rails so they could mount flashlights & lasers further forward and thereby "clear" the rear of the rail forend for normal grasping of the weapon. Several of these guys either did not like using a Forward Pistol Grip, or wanted there big lights on the 6 o'clock rail, but also wanted to use the Forward Grip. So Mr. Doug Olson the engineer and designer of these rail; systems took a Rifle Length FF RAS, and cut out the front ends of the upper and lower rails, and then designed the Filler Piece (s) to help stabilize the two protruding side rails together at the front. It is a little tenuous to re-install the gas block taper pins, but its certainly worth the More real Estate (MRE) when you consider what you gain in return. I also think this style forend is the best way to improve the look and functionality of early post-ban Colt Carbines with long plain jane "Sara Brady" barrels.

Sincerely,

Dave Lutz VP MilOps KAC
View Quote

Sort of makes a 16 look not so.....  well they just sort of look long on a carbine.

Probably posted this pic before, but figured I'd show my sight set up.  I never notice that front sight.  I think one time the light was hitting it just right outside that I noticed a faint something when I had it on 2x.  But even then it wasn't enough to do anything.  But Augee, that's a very cool way to deal with that and I'm always blown away by your builds.  Super nice.  Super super nice.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Sort of makes a 16 look not so.....  well they just sort of look long on a carbine.

Probably posted this pic before, but figured I'd show my sight set up.  I never notice that front sight.  I think one time the light was hitting it just right outside that I noticed a faint something when I had it on 2x.  But even then it wasn't enough to do anything.  But Augee, that's a very cool way to deal with that and I'm always blown away by your builds.  Super nice.  Super super nice.  

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp9%3A2%3Enu%3D3235%3E392%3E252%3EWSNRCG%3D33675%3A56%3C7339nu0mrj

View Quote
Which LT mount are you using?

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp9%3A2%3Enu%3D3235%3E392%3E252%3EWSNRCG%3D33675%3A56%3C7339nu0mrj

LT139 it looks like.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:22:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#32]
I didn't think it had a number.  Oh wait, the 1.93 is higher than mine.  That's what I really want.  Although the 1.93 might only be 30mm.  Mine is the spr-e, for "extended".  Which I didn't really need either, but someone recommended when I bought it.  A long time ago.  It's just 1" also (tube).  It's a good mount though.  Repeatable.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#33]
The PRI would be clone worthy, back in an old clone thread, I forgot which one, there was pictures of a painted M4 that had a PRI FSB/GB installed and a scope mounted. It was very obvious since they were unpainted. Kind of a poor mans recce.

View All Quotes

~Augee

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Sincerely,

Dave Lutz VP MilOps KAC
View Quote

The MRE is a really great and interesting little piece of history.  

IMHO, that whole late-'90s, early-2000s period is one of the most interesting as far as "purpose built," "custom," and "one-off" configurations were built, with a new but critical set of real life operational needs and an after market that was just beginning to pick up speed and responding to user feedback and requests - nowadays things appear to have gotten a lot more standardized across the board, though there are still some "oddball" configurations out and about, with solutions available for just about every problem that could be imagined, not to mention a lot of solutions in search of a problem.  

A lot "branches" in the tree of evolution, some of which seemed to dead end for a while, before suddenly becoming popular again and getting marketed today - even rifle length forearms for carbines took a surprisingly long time to "catch on."  

Thinking about the AN/PEQ-2[A/B], and those big Surefire Classic and early Millenium series lights, plus other items that might be attached, like early versions of the SU-232/PAS, AN/PVS-22s, etc. make it easy to see why space was at a premium, and IMHO, might, in part be responsible for the longevity of the EOTech 551s - trying to cram even a 552 series EOTech, a riser, an AN/PEQ-2, and BUIS on top of a carbine isn't an easy task!  

I'd love to be able to pick up an M4 FF RAS Short one of these days, too, carbines from this period are some of the most fun to build, IMHO - and while they may use some older and more unsual parts and be a little bit heavier, are every bit as functional and capable as builds made with modern components.  

Another fun one:

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#35]

IMHO, that whole late-'90s, early-2000s period is one of the most interesting as far as "purpose built," "custom," and "one-off" configurations were built, with a new but critical set of real life operational needs and an after market that was just beginning to pick up speed and responding to user feedback and requests - nowadays things appear to have gotten a lot more standardized across the board, though there are still some "oddball" configurations out and about, with solutions available for just about every problem that could be imagined, not to mention a lot of solutions in search of a problem.  

A lot "branches" in the tree of evolution, some of which seemed to dead end for a while, before suddenly becoming popular again and getting marketed today - even rifle length forearms for carbines took a surprisingly long time to "catch on."  

Thinking about the AN/PEQ-2[A/B], and those big Surefire Classic and early Millenium series lights, plus other items that might be attached, like early versions of the SU-232/PAS, AN/PVS-22s, etc. make it easy to see why space was at a premium, and IMHO, might, in part be responsible for the longevity of the EOTech 551s - trying to cram even a 552 series EOTech, a riser, an AN/PEQ-2, and BUIS on top of a carbine isn't an easy task!  

I'd love to be able to pick up an M4 FF RAS Short one of these days, too, carbines from this period are some of the most fun to build, IMHO - and while they may use some older and more unsual parts and be a little bit heavier, are every bit as functional and capable as builds made with modern components.  

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/E2BE04E7-30A3-42CE-8555-5A9B1D9874B4_zpsfo1pia5o.jpg

Another fun one:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/481637_512286018823903_130068330_n_zps21b86240.jpg

~Augee
View All Quotes

Sincerely,

Dave Lutz VP MilOps KAC

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/E2BE04E7-30A3-42CE-8555-5A9B1D9874B4_zpsfo1pia5o.jpg

Another fun one:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/481637_512286018823903_130068330_n_zps21b86240.jpg

~Augee

You're the best history professor on the planet Augenator.
Whatcha got on the back of your CAR stock? Don't think that one is a Garmin GPS. Lol
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:59:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#36]
He is, he is.  What kind of grips do you have on that 1911 and do you have a functional holster for it?  I did look pretty hard for one of them 610's, I think it is, and never could find one.  I'm jelly.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#37]
John Masen recoil pad:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/319311/john-masen-recoil-pad-slip-over-ar-15-carbine-buttstock-rubber-black

1911 grips were just plain jane repro USGI brown plastic - have since sold that particular 1911, but still have the 610R - also still have more 1911s.  

In fact I rarely used that particular pistol in that configuration (and frankly rarely used it all - which is why I ended up getting rid of it - I figured if I ever wanted a USGI style M1911A1, I should just get one, rather than keeping a mixmaster parts gun lying around never being shot) - but with the 610R, the easiest thing to use was one of the LBT/Eagle "Universal" style holsters, all soft nylon, velcro, and PALS, could be adapted for different levels of retention, and could be adjusted to fit just about any pistol in just about any configuration - was pretty bulky, though, and had limited mounting options.

Safariland used to make actual holsters for them, but I never have mangaged to snatch one up for a decent price and the rare times they come available - however, another workable solution was always to just stick it in a double M4 magazine holster with a flap closure.  Not what you would call your ideal holster - but I've found that magazine pouches make better holsters than one might initially imagine.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:11:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#38]

Oh alright. I recently got a CAR stock and ext. It's a commercial extension but it was free.
I think I may put it and my A1 grip towards some sort of an A1 carbine in the future. Which model i'm not yet sure tho.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#39]
My attempt at a Recce-ish build

Del-Ton stripped Lower
MagPul ACS stock
MagPul MIAD grip
MagPul B.A.D Lever
DSA mil-spec Stock Kit
Geissele SSA-E trigger
CMMG LPK w/o grip & FCG
BCM BCG
BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle
BCM SS410 16" mid length upper w/ 12" PRI hand guard
Vortex Viper PST 1-4x w/ ADM Recon mount

I still need to add a sling to it, plan on using a VCAS, but need to figure out what sling mounts I want to use.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#40]
My favorite thread EVER, and my super weird recce. Just threw JP's silent capture in it this week.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#41]

My favorite thread EVER, and my super weird recce. Just threw JP's silent capture in it this week.

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10616218_10202920645797380_115758019005716794_n.jpg?oh=58ae5aef0912eb601260a458b81ccaf2&oe=54A1176F
View Quote
Not a fan of the KX3, but those TRIM rails are cool as hell.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#42]
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/howyadoinaz/DSC_0591_zpsc629d01d.jpg
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:20:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: testudo] [#43]
Video

"Defoor Short Recce

Published on Sep 8, 2014
Kyle Defoor shooting a BCM 11.5" with Gemtech G5T and US Optics SR4-C on b/c steel from 200 to 500 meters all on holds."
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10616218_10202920645797380_115758019005716794_n.jpg?oh=58ae5aef0912eb601260a458b81ccaf2&oe=54A1176F

You'd be a real big fan if my muzzle was near you, it's great for throwing gas forward, and contrary to it's name, it preforms well as a flash hider at night.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:19:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dash13] [#45]
Ive always loved this version of Duffy's MRE 14.5" with the Ops Inc flash hider.

I really think this is what I will use as inspiration for my MRE build. I plan on ditching the surefire fore grip/light concept and basically keeping all other features. Maybe switch the SOPMOD stock for the standard M4 waffle pattern to keep things light, but in my opinion he did a really awesome job with this rifle.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:15:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#46]
Originally Posted By dash13:
Ive always loved this version of Duffy's MRE 14.5" with the Ops Inc flash hider.

<a href="http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/dashcraft13/media/CASS-3PKACMRE_zpsd6c4ede3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii611/dashcraft13/CASS-3PKACMRE_zpsd6c4ede3.jpg</a>

I really think this is what I will use as inspiration for my MRE build. I plan on ditching the surefire fore grip/light concept and basically keeping all other features. Maybe switch the SOPMOD stock for the standard M4 waffle pattern to keep things light, but in my opinion he did a really awesome job with this rifle.
View Quote

I think that would be a good idea.ditch the surefire combo and add a KAC or tangodown vfg, maybe a waffle stock, the SOPMOD looks good too tho.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

I think that would be a good idea.ditch the surefire combo and add a KAC or tangodown vfg, maybe a scout for a light and a waffle stock, the SOPMOD looks good too tho.
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/dashcraft13/media/CASS-3PKACMRE_zpsd6c4ede3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii611/dashcraft13/CASS-3PKACMRE_zpsd6c4ede3.jpg</a>

I think that would be a good idea.ditch the surefire combo and add a KAC or tangodown vfg, maybe a scout for a light and a waffle stock, the SOPMOD looks good too tho.

Thats exactly what I had planned, an old KAC VFG from the same timeframe as the rail itself, and an old stock scout to top it off. Keep it simple and light, the 4x ACOG our a NF 1-4 x 24 would be perfect for what I want out of this upper.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Well fellas, the PRI is a no-go for my MRE. The metal just under the crossbolt holes comes into contact with the inside of the rail.

So I'm back to F-marked FSB for now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Thats exactly what I had planned, an old KAC VFG from the same timeframe as the rail itself, and an old stock scout to top it off. Keep it simple and light, the 4x ACOG our a NF 1-4 x 24 would be perfect for what I want out of this upper.
View All Quotes

Perfect! Gonna look sick.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

That's a hot setup. Then I see it's an MG to boot!
Page / 219
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top