Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 219
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By game_of_clones:
Have to throw on black furniture and (maybe) get a PEQ-2 to get it like the bottom pic.

http://i.imgur.com/6d5URdW.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/REDCELLROGERS/perseccag.jpg
View Quote

Looks great but if you don't have NV I'd just get an airsoft peq replica. If you do have NV, I'd get something lighter, smaller, and more practical. PEQ-2 is really outdated now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:53:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: game_of_clones] [#2]
That's what my dilemma is. I hate using airsoft stuff but when I can get a PEQ-15/ATPIAL-C for less or about the same as a used PEQ-2 with a "clean title" it doesnt make sense. I mean one of the LE purchased ones that come up occasionally - and I still dont think Insight will repair them.

It would be great if some company put some decent quality guts (comparable to a DBAL-I2 or even just a visible)  in a PEQ-2 housing.

Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Looks great but if you don't have NV I'd just get an airsoft peq replica. If you do have NV, I'd get something lighter, smaller, and more practical. PEQ-2 is really outdated now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Have to throw on black furniture and (maybe) get a PEQ-2 to get it like the bottom pic.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/REDCELLROGERS/perseccag.jpg

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By JJREA:

Beautiful.  I must've missed it but what barrel you got on there?
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

Borrowed the #22H's from my SAM-R and quickly discovered that I'll need another LT-104. If anyone's selling; I'm in the market.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/yPfyyd" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/614/21538132972_cdfb27dcaf_o.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/yMVAPJ" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5635/21523116976_0403964a40_o.jpg</a>

Beautiful.  I must've missed it but what barrel you got on there?
Ballistic advantage 16" SS

That is seriously impressive.

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I was able to hit the range again today.  This was the second time I've had my recce build out.  The first time out I shot a 0.87" 5rd group of 69gr Federal Gold Medal Match at 100 yds.  I only had 5 rounds of it that time so I wanted to confirm that it will shoot sub-moa consistently.  This time I was able to shoot a 0.636" and a 0.696" 5 rd group at 100 yds.  These two groups were off a bipod and small rear bag shooting off a bench.  Barrel is the Ballistic Advantage 16" SS.

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm running a MK4 1.5x5 SPR on a Recce BCM. Kind of thinking of going with more mag or a fixed 4x ACOG or possibly just a T-1. Not sure if I just need to spend more time with it or what. For the Guys running the MK4 SPR what are your thoughts pros/cons?
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice! I finally got mine out this weekend.

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#7]
We got shooting!!!  Good groups guys.  God I can't wait to get out and shoot mine.  I have to wait until October to do a safety walk before I get my key to the range back.

What range are you at RiflemanWI?
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Big_Husky:
I'm running a MK4 1.5x5 SPR on a Recce BCM. Kind of thinking of going with more mag or a fixed 4x ACOG or possibly just a T-1. Not sure if I just need to spend more time with it or what. For the Guys running the MK4 SPR what are your thoughts pros/cons?
View Quote

I actually just picked one up not too long ago and sighted it in yesterday. I really like it honestly. It's not daytime bright, but the glass is good and the reticle pics up easily. On 1.5x, it's very easy to use both eyes open. It seems built very well. I have it sitting in an Aero SPR mount, gonna pick up a LaRue or ADM soon. Also, i switched to this from a TA31RCO, if that matters to you
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
We got shooting!!!  Good groups guys.  God I can't wait to get out and shoot mine.  I have to wait until October to do a safety walk before I get my key to the range back.

View Quote

Langlade County Range. I went up north for the weekend.
It's an off the shelf BCM RECCE upper shooting wolf gold. I may swap the barrel out in the future for a Criterion Hybrid contour 16".
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:30:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Big_Husky] [#10]
Originally Posted By wolfy1:

I actually just picked one up not too long ago and sighted it in yesterday. I really like it honestly. It's not daytime bright, but the glass is good and the reticle pics up easily. On 1.5x, it's very easy to use both eyes open. It seems built very well. I have it sitting in an Aero SPR mount, gonna pick up a LaRue or ADM soon. Also, i switched to this from a TA31RCO, if that matters to you
View All Quotes

Yea I do think the MK4s are built like tanks, The SPR is just weird subtensions. 100yd-350yds are the first holds. I feel like the eye box is pretty critical though. What didn't you like about the TA31? been wanting to try one.

ETA I'm running the ADM recon mount, Its been good. removed the optic recently and re confirmed zero today, was right where I left it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RifleManWI:

It's an off the shelf BCM RECCE upper shooting wolf gold. I may swap the barrel out in the future for a Criterion Hybrid contour 16".
View All Quotes

Nice, I got family up in Merrill and Rhinelander and Wausau.  And what's that other town east of Merrill on 64.....  aaaaaah, now I forget the name.   LOL.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Nice, I got family up in Merrill and Rhinelander and Wausau.  And what's that other town east of Merrill on 64.....  aaaaaah, now I forget the name.   LOL.
View All Quotes

Antigo?
I have family in the area.
I love that range, and it looks like they are adding a short pistol range to it as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#13]
That's the one!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Yea I do think the MK4s are built like tanks, The SPR is just weird subtensions. 100yd-350yds are the first holds. I feel like the eye box is pretty critical though. What didn't you like about the TA31? been wanting to try one.

ETA I'm running the ADM recon mount, Its been good. removed the optic recently and re confirmed zero today, was right where I left it.
View All Quotes

I really liked my TA31, a lot. I just wanted a low powered variable. It is taking some getting used to, but overall I think its pretty damn nice. All I can shoot to at one of my local ranges is 300yds. I'd like to try and take it out to 5-600. And I'm trying to find a steal on an ADM or LaRue!

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Some nice groups.   I still can't decide if I should use my strike eagle or my vortex 4-12 or sell them both for a 2.5-10
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Antigo?
I love that range, and it looks like they are adding a short pistol range to it as well.
View All Quotes

Antigo?

If you guys know anyone looking, my dad's selling his summer place at Holiday Shores north of the Dells on the river.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:08:42 AM EDT
[#17]
As a heads-up to anyone looking for a barrel, Ballistic Advantage's barrel of the week is their 16" Hanson (lighter than .gov but not pencil) contour wylde-chambered stainless barrel, with low-pro gas block, under 200 shipped.

I'm not affiliated with the company other than being a happy customer of theirs on previous occasions.  Their premium line shoots too, according to those in the Mk12 clone thread who have their Holland-pattern tube.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]

If you guys know anyone looking, my dad's selling his summer place at Holiday Shores north of the Dells on the river.  
View All Quotes

Antigo?

Oh my God you've gotta be kidding me.  My friend had a place up at Holiday Shores where they parked their RV and I got to go up there a few times there.  We used to hang out at the little shack / rec center that everyone congregated at night and listen to music.  I think it had a pool table.   Have you been there?  And then there was Big Chief Go karts.....  Lots of fun.  I can't believe it's the same place.  What are the odds....  ????
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Oh my God you've gotta be kidding me.  My friend had a place up at Holiday Shores where they parked their RV and I got to go up there a few times there.  We used to hang out at the little shack / rec center that everyone congregated at night and listen to music.  I think it had a pool table.   Have you been there?  And then there was Big Chief Go karts.....  Lots of fun.  I can't believe it's the same place.  What are the odds....  ????
View Quote

Haha yeah same place. We've had a seasonal spot up there for 30 years now. Some good fishing spots on the river. I prefer the back side of Black Hawk island.

He'll be up there this weekend actually.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#21]

I really liked my TA31, a lot. I just wanted a low powered variable. It is taking some getting used to, but overall I think its pretty damn nice. All I can shoot to at one of my local ranges is 300yds. I'd like to try and take it out to 5-600. And I'm trying to find a steal on an ADM or LaRue!

View All Quotes

I'll keep my eye out, seems like they get snatched up pretty quick on EE. Wish I knew someone that had a TA-31 I could get some trigger time on to decide if I would be happier with the ACOG. I do find that I run the MK4 on 5x majority of the time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:41:54 PM EDT
[#22]
What do you guys think about a 2.5-10 with a offset red dot for a recce
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#23]

I'll keep my eye out, seems like they get snatched up pretty quick on EE. Wish I knew someone that had a TA-31 I could get some trigger time on to decide if I would be happier with the ACOG. I do find that I run the MK4 on 5x majority of the time.
View All Quotes

I have a TA31-H on my Block I clone and it's a really nice scope.  The glass is very clear and it's probably my favorite all around optic.  With that said, some people complain about the short eye relief.  I've never had an issue with it since I've always shot NTCH but something to consider.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#24]
RUKUS that's hawt
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#25]
HD2006, How fast was the 31 to acquire at close ranges? prob my biggest concern,
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Knight's Armament (KAC) Free Float Rail Adapter System (RAS) - Long
https://www.boltcarrier.com/product/free-float-ras-long/
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By RuKuS:
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rjszurgot/media/DSCN5871_zpsrhve7xky.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/rjszurgot/DSCN5871_zpsrhve7xky.jpg</a>
View Quote

spr-E!!!  That's the most I've see on here in the last month.  Very nice .
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By nicholasgentges:
Knight's Armament (KAC) Free Float Rail Adapter System (RAS) - Long
https://www.boltcarrier.com/product/free-float-ras-long/
View Quote

Those lasted the entire day.  That's good news.

I really want to build a RECCE and a Mod-1 but bills and shit
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Waiting for another DD QD, but she's about finished.

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#30]

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5775/21529396780_cfabbce203_o.jpg
View Quote
She's a beauty! I'm seriously jelly.

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#31]
so that vs a holland...what say you?
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

so that vs a holland...what say you?
View Quote
Since we're not in the mk12 thread, I can be honest and say "this".

Nothing against Hollands, but they just don't quite do it for me. Having two mod0's may have me biased though.

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#33]
good to know. Mod H is handy but I started in the Recce thread. I hear ya. I'd like to do a lighter BA barrelled 14.5 pinned or 16" with a simple rail and 1-4 on it one day for faster shoots, but the H does a lot. once the A1 lower is done my current lower will demand an upper

I aint biased, I like AR's :)
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:38:48 PM EDT
[#34]

good to know. Mod H is handy but I started in the Recce thread. I hear ya. I'd like to do a lighter BA barrelled 14.5 pinned or 16" with a simple rail and 1-4 on it one day for faster shoots, but the H does a lot. once the A1 lower is done my current lower will demand an upper

View Quote
This one feels pretty good, but I'm still waiting to get out and put some rounds through the 2.5-10x24.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:57:27 AM EDT
[#35]

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/yNtMAd" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5775/21529396780_cfabbce203_o.jpg</a>
View Quote

Hoop there it is!
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:00:39 AM EDT
[#36]
This one feels pretty good, but I'm still waiting to get out and put some rounds through the 2.5-10x24.

View All Quotes

I thought that NF looked rather long to a 1-4. That is one sweet frickin rifle you've got wheelman!
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#37]

This is the third and (hopefully) final iteration of this rifle / Mini SPRECCE.  It started as an 18" SPR with a PRI Delta handguard and Bushnell 3-12 weighing over 14lbs.  It then had a 16" BCM Precision upper and a Vortex 2.5-10x32 on it.

Now, it's even shorter and lighter.  Rundown:
Lower:
Noveske Gen 2 lower with a Daniel Defense LPK and Geissele SD-E trigger.  STR stock and Larue grip

Upper:
BCM Blem upper
Geissele Blem Mk8 handguard
Laure 14.5" Stealth barrel
Surefire SOCOM brake pinned and welded.
Daniel Defense hard chrome BCG
BCM charging handle

Accessories / Optics:
Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9 with the firedot TMR reticle in an SPR-E mount
Steiner Mk5 light in an Arisaka inline M-Lok mount
Larue modified Harris BRM-S
Magpul M-Lok covers and vertical grip
BFG sling

I'm heading to the range soon to break it in, but it came out so well, I couldn't wait to post.  Paint coming soon....

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By Munzy:

I thought that NF looked rather long to a 1-4. That is one sweet frickin rifle you've got wheelman!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Munzy:

Thanks, man. The NF 1-4 had to go to make room that one. Really like it so far.

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Mine.

" />
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Nice, Swift! You kept the Mk12 too, right?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 8:49:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fastswift] [#41]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

View All Quotes

Yea I did....among others 3 more years and I will leave this Godforsaken state and be able to buy a real Ops or Allen can to run on these...
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By fastswift:

Yea I did....among others 3 more years and I will leave this Godforsaken state and be able to buy a real Ops or Allen can to run on these...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fastswift:

Same here. And an NT4, and a SF SOCOM....
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By StevethePirate:
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/SteveTPirate/20150926_162214_resized_zpspw0m2hsx.jpg

This is the third and (hopefully) final iteration of this rifle / Mini SPRECCE.  It started as an 18" SPR with a PRI Delta handguard and Bushnell 3-12 weighing over 14lbs.  It then had a 16" BCM Precision upper and a Vortex 2.5-10x32 on it.

Lower:
Noveske Gen 2 lower with a Daniel Defense LPK and Geissele SD-E trigger.  STR stock and Larue grip

Upper:
BCM Blem upper
BCM charging handle

Accessories / Optics:
BFG sling

I'm heading to the range soon to break it in, but it came out so well, I couldn't wait to post.  Paint coming soon....

View Quote

That's a larue grip?  Funky...  Do you like it?  

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#44]
A long unfinished project, in fact, my first AR. Need to put an optic on it and a Geissele SSA-E and that should finish it up.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By EHilderbrand:
A long unfinished project, in fact, my first AR. Need to put an optic on it and a Geissele SSA-E and that should finish it up.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5708/21815461515_01df51e658_b.jpg
View Quote

Wow...nice build. Can you give some specs?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevethePirate:
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/SteveTPirate/20150926_162214_resized_zpspw0m2hsx.jpg

Lower:

Upper:
BCM Blem upper
BCM charging handle

Accessories / Optics:
BFG sling

Yep, it's a Larue APEG grip.  Since I'm going to paint the gun anyway, I bought the green one from a friend of mine who didn't like it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Which Viper is that? I shot the 2.5-10x32 FFP the other weekend, but I think I want some more magnification.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Which Viper is that? I shot the 2.5-10x32 FFP the other weekend, but I think I want some more magnification.
View Quote

HS-T 4-16 mrad. I dig it. It's a lot of scope for the price.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:50:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk101abn] [#50]
Originally Posted By mrindecisive:
What do you guys think about a 2.5-10 with a offset red dot for a recce
View Quote

It's a 3-9, but I'm a fan!

Page / 219
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top