Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2005 7:38:49 AM EDT
First of all I have no affiliation with Botachtactical.com.  I merely would like to give credit where credit is due.  Plus I would like to support a company that always gives me good deals.  The more they sell the better my prices are.  

In the past they have been pounded on this board.  People have complained a lot, but I would like to take this time to tell everyone how good they have been to me.  My last two orders were placed on a Monday morning and both arrived by Tuesday plus I have a hard time beating their prices.  It seems like they have made some changes over there.

That’s it guys
Later

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a flashlight once from them. It took a month to get here, they billed me for 2, and every day I get like 4 emails from them advertising sales. They suck.

go with dealers here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, you won't find a Botach friend in here.

5, count them, 5 times I have tried to order things because they had the best advertised price.

Of course they did!    Cause none of it was in stock..  I waited 6 months for a surefire.  Never a word.

I wated 4 months for another order.  Not a word.  

Never again.  I don't believe in doing business with these phony storefront "drop and ship" vendors.
No inventory?  No business from me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered some 3v batteries. Never got them. No bill but no e-mail or call to say they werent coming either. Im not impressed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Truth is, I've been burned by LF more.  Botach has had my order in stock 11 out of 12 times, LF is 0 for 6.

Sua Sponte,
Prib

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I've only delt with them once and that was for extrication gloves. Took a little longer than expected, but  they got there before I needed them. Good to know their history.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#14]
The problem with Botach isn't when they get it right, it's how they handle it when they get it wrong.  They don't answer emails, don't respond to phone calls and basically when they screw up it stays screwed up because no one there gives a damn if you're happy or not.

Botach should be on just about everyone's list of companies to be afraid of.  Deal with them if you have no other option, but pay with a credit card (Amex if possible as they will put the money back into your account immediatly when you dispute a charge) and watch them like a hawk until you get your merchandise.  And it if it doesn't come in a reasonably timely fashion and they won't respond to you, dispute the charge.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Truth is, I've been burned by LF more.  Botach has had my order in stock 11 out of 12 times, LF is 0 for 6.

Sua Sponte,
Prib

Same here
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#17]
ditto. Had best price on Aimpoints and a discreet case along with a few other pieces of crap......dealt with them on a recomendation.......wont happen again........when I was ordering everything was in stock ready to go shipped by the end of the week (well thats what they said). SIX weeks later i got the scope, the rest of the stuff trickeled in over 3 more weeks... ALL of it dropped ship[......wont deal with them again............
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Please excuse my ignorance.  What does dropped shipped mean? And who is LF
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I never had any bad experiences until this last time when they royally screwed me.  It only takes one major fuck up to lose my business.  If they have what you order in stock, then you'll receive it as promissed.  If they don't have it in stock, they'll charge you credit card anyway and never let you know when you should expect to see it.

PLEASE READ THE ATTACHED THREAD FOR A MORE THOROUGH EXPLANATION

BOTACH customer service experience - MUST READ

You should only buy from Botach when you don't absolutely need what you're ordering at any particular time.  It helps if you call to confirm that you're desired products are in stock, but that doesn't guarantee anything.  The people who work the phones when you call know little to nothing about firearms in general.  They couldn't tell you the difference between a G17 mag or a G36 mag.  It's all the same to them.  I've ordered from them in the past and had good experiences, but that was only b/c what I ordered was a commonly ordered product that was readily in stock.  Most of the really good deals you see on their website are not even in stock and you will wait indefinitely without any notice from them as to when you will recieve your order.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's my experience with BoTach...

I've never had any problems with that company.  I have ordered from BoTach six seperate times... and they have delivered on all six.  Only once they had an item that wasn't in stock, yet offered another similar (better) item for the same price.  I was very impressed with that.  

My only complaint is where they are stationed at: in CA.  I live in FL... shipping & handling kills my wallet everytime I order from them.  

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Here's my experience with BoTach...
Only once they had an item that wasn't in stock, yet offered another similar (better) item for the same price.  I was very impressed with that.  
Semper Fi!

Yes, one time I ordered  4 Glock 36 mags and 2 weeks later I contacted them to find out where my order was.  Unfortunately, they didn't have the Glock 36 mags in stock, but instead offered me the Glock 17 mags at no extra charge.  She told me that the mags are similar and that one might even say the Glock 17 mags are even better because they hold 17 rounds instead of 6 rounds.  But the Glock 17 mags are useless to me, and the girl on the phone didn't even understand why.  I should add that she sounded very sweet and appologetic for not being able to help me, but had absolutely NO knowledge about handguns whatsoever.  This is not her fault at all, but rather whoever hired her for this position.

Look... I've made a few purchases from them and gotten good prices.  Thank goodness the purchases were not in dire need, nor were they 'special' by any means.  I'm just making it a point to never purchase anything from them when I need it in a timely manner.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
While they MAY have addressed some of their CS issues (still see bad reports on them) it is still better to support the dealers that support this board. It ain't always about the lowest price!
C4

Amen to that C4.

One time I ordered a defective GG&G MAD sight from Botach.  They wouldn't accept the return and made me deal directly with GG&G which wasn't so bad anyway.  But the fact is, they wanted noting to do with me after the sale.  It ended up costing me about $15 in shipping/return fees to get my problem fixed.  There goes my money saved dealing with Botach.

I'm confident that if I buy something from G&R Tactical and there is a problem with the item, Grant will gladly resolve the problem without it costing me.  I'm sure that would be the same for any or most dealers on this board.  I'm not surprised to see that Botach is NOT an industry partner or dealer on this board.  It's pretty obvious why.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

drop shipped just means that the business doesn't have the item in inventory and it's shipped from the manufacturer to you.

and I'm also curious who LF is...
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Botach sucks!  Extremely bad customer service, one time I had a problem with my order called 5 times & 5 days in a roll nobody answer the f*cking phone & no reply on emails either!  I will never order anything from them ever again!
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Too bad you're not a PAYING team member stockplayer.  You'd be able to turn this post into a poll to find out how customers really feel about Botach, and not just try to propagandize your own personal experiences with them.  As it is commonly stated, you get what you pay for. Good luck.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I wouldn't buy the world’s last fire extinguisher from them if my ass was on fire.

David
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

drop shipped just means that the business doesn't have the item in inventory and it's shipped from the manufacturer to you.

and I'm also curious who LF is...

LightFighter

www.lightfighter.com/
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I ordered a few cases of ammo from them at great prices.  It arrived in a week.  Seems like I may have been lucky.

I will (as usual) try to learn something from the members of this site.  However, I can't say that it is appropriate, or reliable to have competeting dealers trash another vendor.

I think I'll get my opinions from people that don't have an axe to grind.  Rather poor taste and it looks like your opinions were not necessary.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I will (as usual) try to learn something from the members of this site.  However, I can't say that it is appropriate, or reliable to have competeting dealers trash another vendor.

quote]

Well I'm not a vender so here goes:  "Botach sucks."  Hows that?

Those ass clowns screwed up my ammo orders so bad, all the money I saved was spent in time trying to unf*ck the mess.  The shipping/tracking #'s they gave me (and said shipped "two days ago") did'nt even exist when I went to ups.com to figure out where my stufff was.

One thing Botach was extremely efficient at was charging my credit card as soon as I made an order and then three weeks later saying, "Ammo shipment?  What ammo shipment?"

Any time someone here mentions "Botach", you cabn expect at least two pages of how much they suck.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#31]

I think I'll get my opinions from people that don't have an axe to grind.  Rather poor taste and it looks like your opinions were not necessary.

New-ARGuy is not a vendor.  He is one of the most freakishly moderate people I know.  He doesn't drink, he doesn't swear, and he doesn't talk smack.  And he referred to Botach as the DEVIL..  Good enough for me.

Quoted:
I started ordering from Botach in about 1997. Like you, I felt they were the greatest. Great prices, orders went smooth. I told everyone I know about them. It didnt take them long to screw me over more times than I care to mention. Whats worse, they eventually screwed all the friends I told to order from there too. Keep ordering from them if you choose to ignore years of experience from me and everyone else you have heard from. You'll get screwed too. It is inevitable. Botach is the devil.

I've ordered numerous parts from ADCO and G&R and they've always been honest, pleasant, and reliable.  They have taken the time to answer all of my questions, even though they've probably heard the same questions a thousand times before.  To me, good customer service is almost always worth it.

Some folks know the cost of everything, and the value of nothing.

Link Posted: 7/20/2005 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Why is this thread in this forum?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
While they MAY have addressed some of their CS issues (still see bad reports on them) it is still better to support the dealers that support this board. It ain't always about the lowest price!
C4

It’s even better to support the few supporting dealers whose post count is NOT based solely in the EE.

You wonder about a person who goes around trashing other peoples threads, is not a Team Member, has a low post count, disables his e-mail and does not accept IM's and supports companies with questionable practices......hummmmmmm...I think we got a Troll on our hands.    
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I've bought from Steve at Adco, Jason at JTAC, Paul at Bravo Company USA, Eric at Ammoman, Robert at RB precision, the guys at operation parts, SWFA, and Cals sporting armory... and ran out of money before I can buy from Wes at MSTN or Grant at G & R!

All offered great prices and great communication with the purchases.

The experience with Botach is, at best, spotty. They do not answer emails. I've been placed on hold or funnelled through their voicemail traps. AND I get several emails a day, usually on hi cap magazines... Sigh...

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#35]
NOT AR related - and WE ALL KNOW BOTACH SUCKS... ;)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top