Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Author
Posted: 12/6/2013 8:38:58 AM
Albeit, $10 more than they were for the BF sale.

Or for those who prefer the known quality of FN, blemished premium 16" carbine for a little more.
GamecockOperator
The Palmetto Patriot
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 8:40:20 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By mistermobius:

Or for those who prefer the known quality of FN, blemished premium 16" carbine for a little more.

or 20.00 more than in store on black friday.. they had them for 179.00 in store.

also, im still wondering, who actually produces them for PSA....
"Stand your ground. Don't Fire unless Fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, Let it begin here." - Capt. John Parker
mistermobius
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 8:42:38 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By GamecockOperator:
Originally Posted By mistermobius:

or 20.00 more than in store on black friday.. they had them for 179.00 in store.

Yeah, I don't know. I usually skip the PTAC stuff.

Personally, I prefer the known quality of FN, so I picked up one of those as a beater upper.
SilverBearX
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 8:49:47 AM
Originally Posted By mistermobius:

I have been trying to find out as well.

Apparently it is a small South Carolina shop of some sort. I would really like to find out what the barrels are made from. Someone said it was melonite but I just can't believe that.

Perhaps a PSA rep would Chime in.
ManBearPack
The Nightman Cometh
NRAInstructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 11:10:41 AM
I couldn't pass it up for $199, gonna try to finish a build under $450, maybe $400 if I get lucky.
"Shooting at a fixed target is only a step towards shooting at a moving one like a man."
-Lord Robert Baden-Powell
MiamiE
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 11:26:11 AM
Too good of a deal to skip. I don't think ill ever spend more than $400 on a complete upper. Not worth it.
GamecockOperator
The Palmetto Patriot
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 11:28:46 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted by :
Yeah, I don't know. I usually skip the PTAC stuff.

Personally, I prefer the known quality of FN, so I picked up one of those as a beater upper.

i love the FN stuff. If its good enough for our marines and soldiers, its good enough for me. :)

the ptac im going to give a chance. i purchased one for a dedicated .22 build. From the looks of it the finish isnt perfect but its well useable, and compared to a delton, the 1/7 twist is better than their offered 1/9

Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
I have been trying to find out as well.

Apparently it is a small South Carolina shop of some sort. I would really like to find out what the barrels are made from. Someone said it was melonite but I just can't believe that.

Perhaps a PSA rep would Chime in.

i just dont know what small SC Company could be producing for them. Yes, FN does it and they're just across town. the only other company i can think of is ATI who just moved to summerville, so i doubt them, idk what other SC company is tooled up to produce barrels.

I wish they would, but they so far to my knowledge have only stated its a local company that we're the sole retailer for. so idk.

Originally Posted By ManBearPack:
I couldn't pass it up for $199, gonna try to finish a build under $450, maybe $400 if I get lucky.

i dont blame you there.. you'll have to let us know how you do.. thats a hella cheap ar if thats the case, and that is awesome!
"Stand your ground. Don't Fire unless Fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, Let it begin here." - Capt. John Parker
ManBearPack
The Nightman Cometh
NRAInstructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 2:40:13 PM
Any one have actual pictures of one of these PTAC 16" uppers?
"Shooting at a fixed target is only a step towards shooting at a moving one like a man."
GamecockOperator
The Palmetto Patriot
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 2:51:45 PM
i can snap some when i get home. it has a fstamped front sight block, and 1/7 stamp twist.. m4 feed ramps... etc..
ManBearPack
The Nightman Cometh
NRAInstructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 5:39:40 PM
i can snap some when i get home. it has a fstamped front sight block, and 1/7 stamp twist.. m4 feed ramps... etc..

That would be much appreicated, just want to get a look at one, bought it on a whim today since it was so cheap and I already have a spare BCG.
GamecockOperator
The Palmetto Patriot
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 7:01:50 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By ManBearPack:
Originally Posted By GamecockOperator:

That would be much appreicated, just want to get a look at one, bought it on a whim today since it was so cheap and I already have a spare BCG.

sure no problem.

this is the one i picked up on black friday. i havent oiled it or cleaned it.. all i did to it was mount it to my lower, put a gi sling on it, and put a vfg on the standard handguard..and a fliip up buis.

Excuse the pics quality, and the lack of proper background. Hit the link at the bottom for the full slideshow of all 13 images

PTAC Upper Slideshow
KansasJayhawk
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 8:50:39 PM
Thanks for posting the photos ! Looks better than expected for the price. Ordered 2 on 11/26, hoping they arrive before Christmas. I called to check on status today, they have not shipped yet and had no indication when they would. Fingers crossed !
CVO
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 9:10:20 PM
I bought 2 of the complete PTAC uppers on 12/14 pre Black Friday sale, they haven't arrived yet.
ManBearPack
The Nightman Cometh
NRAInstructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 9:46:31 PM
So are these assembled by PSA or do they come from this PTAC company already assembled? I almost get the feeling thta PSA owns PTAC
GamecockOperator
The Palmetto Patriot
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/6/2013 10:47:45 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By ManBearPack:
So are these assembled by PSA or do they come from this PTAC company already assembled? I almost get the feeling thta PSA owns PTAC

Palmetto Tactical? Lol. i can see it.

idk who assembled them.. but for the price hard to beat. if it shoots well, then im a happy customer. we'll see once the bcg is in place and i get to the range.