Author
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:17:22 PM
Has anyone made one yet? Seems simple, probably make it in my garage.
Undertaker
I see dumb people.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:21:14 PM
Yea Remington Defense has.
Life is too short to be that stupid.
PFC_Dustin
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/18/2012 2:21:07 PM
[Last Edit: 3/18/2012 2:23:43 PM by PFC_Dustin]
I was actually getting on to post this, so this seems like a good place.

Someone said this on the ACR forums about the Geissele triggers and it got me thinking. I just coppied my whole post.

[QUOTE=fmixman;29064]
Hi Guys, I am local to Geissele and also work for a local Gun Shop who is a distributor of the line. So I was able to tour the factory and sit with one of the main guys there and discuss their triggers, Here are a few things about the company.

I want to mention these guys ARE shooters and Bill Geissele makes triggers because he could not find anything he liked! I think that speaks volumes. they are great people and really strive to make a fantastic product. their CS is second to none. When you buy a G trigger, you are part of their family.

I find it interesting that that make their own trigger pins, because Bill feels everything else is inferior! The attention to detail is mind blowing. The lifetime warranty also doesn't hurt! :')

1-All of the products are made IN HOUSE! right in PA. this helps their quality control so much so its crazy!
2-They cut ALL of the triggers on a wire EDM machine, so tolerences are well above what can be done on a mill, even a CNC mill.
3- their lock times are so low they are approaching that of some bolt action rifles out there!
4- the product does not wear like most other triggers. They have triggers their in blocks that have well over 100,000 pulls and they have no sign of wear on the sear!

These are what makes this product worth buying! the SSA vs SSA-E is just a pull weight difference, so anyone with an E has a trigger in the 3.5lb range vs an SSA which is 4.5

The ACR trigger has a stepped dis-connector, because the plastic safety on our ACR's is higher then a standard AR. I asked if you can use the SSA or SSA-E and the response is, "it is not recommended, because of possible safety engagement issue's, but it is possible yes"

This made me wonder; If you use an AR trigger, can you then install an AR Ambi safety? Im sorry if this isnt the best question but my gunsmithing kung fu is still not strong. I plan to get their 3 gun trigger and it would be awesome if it solved the poorly shaped safety issue as well.

The safety is the only real issue I have with ths rifle. The shape over all is bad, they raised it in the middle and made it short instead of on the end like most ARs.

Can you actually buy one from Remington?
BoovarBjarki
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/18/2012 11:01:01 PM
Originally Posted By PFC_Dustin:
I was actually getting on to post this, so this seems like a good place.

Someone said this on the ACR forums about the Geissele triggers and it got me thinking. I just coppied my whole post.

[QUOTE=fmixman;29064]
Hi Guys, I am local to Geissele and also work for a local Gun Shop who is a distributor of the line. So I was able to tour the factory and sit with one of the main guys there and discuss their triggers, Here are a few things about the company.

I want to mention these guys ARE shooters and Bill Geissele makes triggers because he could not find anything he liked! I think that speaks volumes. they are great people and really strive to make a fantastic product. their CS is second to none. When you buy a G trigger, you are part of their family.

I find it interesting that that make their own trigger pins, because Bill feels everything else is inferior! The attention to detail is mind blowing. The lifetime warranty also doesn't hurt! :')

1-All of the products are made IN HOUSE! right in PA. this helps their quality control so much so its crazy!
2-They cut ALL of the triggers on a wire EDM machine, so tolerences are well above what can be done on a mill, even a CNC mill.
3- their lock times are so low they are approaching that of some bolt action rifles out there!
4- the product does not wear like most other triggers. They have triggers their in blocks that have well over 100,000 pulls and they have no sign of wear on the sear!

These are what makes this product worth buying! the SSA vs SSA-E is just a pull weight difference, so anyone with an E has a trigger in the 3.5lb range vs an SSA which is 4.5

The ACR trigger has a stepped dis-connector, because the plastic safety on our ACR's is higher then a standard AR. I asked if you can use the SSA or SSA-E and the response is, "it is not recommended, because of possible safety engagement issue's, but it is possible yes"

This made me wonder; If you use an AR trigger, can you then install an AR Ambi safety? Im sorry if this isnt the best question but my gunsmithing kung fu is still not strong. I plan to get their 3 gun trigger and it would be awesome if it solved the poorly shaped safety issue as well.

The safety is the only real issue I have with ths rifle. The shape over all is bad, they raised it in the middle and made it short instead of on the end like most ARs.

Can you actually buy one from Remington?

ACR's safety can only be used for ACR and an AR's safety won't work. You can reshape the safety however you want with some basic dremel skills.