Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2007 5:43:17 AM EDT
Does anyone have a copy of a GOOD TA 50 layout or a link to where I can get one?

I was tasked by my 1SG to get one and I have never done one, that is why I need one.

Link Posted: 3/29/2007 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a copy of the list... is that what your looking for? or do you want a picture of it layed out "junk on the bunk" style?

ETA: here is a not so good picture....
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#2]
List would be cool. I could create the layout

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#3]
IM me your email, I'll send the list
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 7:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's a really old version.

Link Posted: 3/29/2007 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's one that is not quite so gay.

Link Posted: 3/29/2007 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#6]
the "not so gay" one is the one in my picture. that was used in 1986
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#7]
"Junk on a bunk" is a term I haven't used in 20 years.

That picture looks like Germany. West Germany to be specific.

Quoted:
the "not so gay" one is the one in my picture. that was used in 1986
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Get a good updated list of what CIF is issuing to your troops now. Get the PLT SGTs together and see what initial issue also needs to be checked. You also might want to include RFI that has been issued. We all know not all equipment is used, but that is besides the point. Everything should be inspected. The above examples are good to get you going on a layout diagram. Your Division or Brigade/BN CSM should have some good advice also as this falls in thier lane.
Mike

P.S. You got a SVT ?? Cobra??
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Get a good updated list of what CIF is issuing to your troops now. Get the PLT SGTs together and see what initial issue also needs to be checked. You also might want to include RFI that has been issued. We all know not all equipment is used, but that is besides the point. Everything should be inspected. The above examples are good to get you going on a layout diagram. Your Division or Brigade/BN CSM should have some good advice also as this falls in thier lane.
Mike

P.S. You got a SVT ?? Cobra??

SVT- Negative. I was looking at ab SVT Focus back in the day hence SVTfast.

I might have to make one up but I have to give it to my 1SG by 1500 tomarrow. My car is broke so I cant go to CIF. We'll see.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd find an older FM22-5 and modify the layout on that.  Unless they want to check out every little single thing that was issued (which in some cases could take a room per person), you coule probably just get away with the more basic stuff.  FLC, IBA, ACH, ruck, sleep system, poncho and liner, gore-tex, fleece, etc.
Top Top