Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2017 4:59:30 PM EDT
I'm PCSing to FT Hood this year with a few dozen firearms and with firearms seeming to be a sensitive subject on post I am wondering what if any problems I will have when I go to register them or if I'm likely to be harassed either by my chain of command or the MP's for owning them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I've registered many firearms on Ft Hood and only had a problem once.  It was a SA M1 Thompson that had a serial number similar to something already registered.

Make sure to swing by and see the jeeps the weekend before Halloween.  We'll be parked across the street from Chili's.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm PCSing to FT Hood this year with a few dozen firearms and with firearms seeming to be a sensitive subject on post I am wondering what if any problems I will have when I go to register them or if I'm likely to be harassed either by my chain of command or the MP's for owning them.
View Quote

My Son caught all kinds of hell for bringing his. You need to stop at the MP building outside the Checkpoint...

Before you even go in.
They record the S/N's and give you credentials before you can enter the gate.

Then you find out if they have room to keep them. They didnt right away, and they told my Son they might be destroyed.

Fun times .
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I'm trying my damndest to not live on post. I'm tired of these assignments clowns digging into my life not having a clue as to what they are dealing with but still making decisions about it for me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as you live off post and don't bring them on post, no issues.  If living in on-post military family housing, registration with PMO.  If living in barracks, MUST be stored in arms room or off-post.  Believe the FH Reg for weapons is on the FH Web site.  Last I heard, the range for personal weapons has been closed.  If so, only civilian range for most use is trap and skeet.  Once or twice a year, Range Control sponsors a 3-gun shoot, registration is still required if you want to shoot it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 4:34:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Are there any Indoor Climate Controlled Storage facilities near by?  I know its not ideal but it would be another option rather than having to play the registration game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top