Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2015 11:05:48 PM EDT
My name is Jeremy and I am a 3 year E-3 corpsman in the navy and have been struggling with my orders. The whole story is I have submitted 2 SF packets that have been lost in the process, while talking to my career counselor i was told my orders would be put on hold while i work on my packets. In this time I have exceed my orders window for picking on CMSID and am now 4 months our from my PCS date. So i called the detailer this last cycle to pick my top 5 over the phone, he never put in my top 5 orders or anything for that matter. I called back today when orders were posted and I had nothing and was told that I never picked anything and i would be given one more chance this next cycle to call in and pick 5 orders or i would be sent needs of the navy. I have been talking with FreefallM4 (my dad) about this as he is still active duty army and he explained the way orders work for the army and how stupid and odd this all sounds to him. I was hoping to get some advise or anything I might be able to do to help myself out of this problem I am trying very hard to go serve with the Marines as a field medic and continue my work on my SF packet to be a Special Amphibious Reconnaissance Corpsman (SARC). My command has been no help in telling me this is just the way it is and telling me no to worry about it that its all out of my hands but I don't like that idea, I have had no backing in the 2 years I have been here people are more concerned with boosting there carrier and screwing anyone without a crow on there collar.

Can anyone provide some advice or am I just out of luck and doomed to be another number to BIG NAVY?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
This is my boy and he got my username wrong

Any help would be appreciated

Free
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
its been a long day and i know you use both E7 and M4 so i was close.
Thank you for the help though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
NP        
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

its been a long day and i know you use both E7 and M4 so i was close.

Thank you for the help though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Long story short, you have a turd for a career counselor. If you're not under orders within in your first three months of your nine month window, you are needs of the Navy. You are going to get sent somewhere. Make the best of it and don't be bitter. There is always the next duty station. Be glad, during full wartime, none of this matters.

This happened to me and I ended up as a recruiter which is the last thing in the world I wanted. I made the best of it and moved on.

Read the MILPERSMAN section 1300, the entire thing. It's what governs everything with duty assignments. Knowledge is power...READ the rules! You can get the entire MILPERSMAN on the NPC website via references.

By the way, I retired two years ago as a MCPO with 30 years in.

I know this news sucks man, but you'd be surprised how your attitude affects how much you get out of a duty assignment. After all, they are called orders.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Your right its not exactly what I wanted to hear but it's what i was expecting. Thank you for that advise and the document to read though MCPO.
It doesn't kill my motivation though I knew i would be sent places I didn't really want to go, it's all part of the job right.
Its all part of a learning experience though, and I can pass it on to maybe save someone else this headache later on.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:22:39 AM EDT
[#6]
What do your evals look like?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:43:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I was seven years Navy.  I'll bet the two incidents of 'lost' paperwork were not accidental.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#9]
All my evals are above average MP

Quoted:
What do your evals look like?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the advise guys,
I will make the best of whatever comes and having a warfare pen be nice.
I am just trying to look at it all as a learning experience and just keep on keeping on.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#11]
So have you received orders to your next duty station?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#12]
No I am still waiting on orders at the moment I have nothing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Talked to his detailer and he got the Lejune billet
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice. Being Green side should help a lot with his SARC goals.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Run
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#16]
You mean as in run away or he needs to run?

He's my Son, running is not a issue

Quoted:

Run
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Run

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was going to say call his detailer. Is it an FMF billet?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#18]
RGR,

2nd Marine Division

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Good Deal....His CC was a Turd! Any schmo CC worth a damn can get an HM FMF orders----those ARE the needs of the Navy..
I did 11 of my 20 greenside. Enjoy your time with the FMF!  For your first tour , go marine Regs...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey I am a Recon Marine so the only corpsman I ever worked with were SARCs. Do you know the steps you need to take to get in the pipeline or are you lost in the sauce and need help?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hey I am a Recon Marine so the only corpsman I ever worked with were SARCs. Do you know the steps you need to take to get in the pipeline or are you lost in the sauce and need help?
View Quote

I ran into one of my old battery corpsman at JFO school. I asked him what the hell he was doing and he told me about SARCs. That would be a very cool path.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Former GM2, OEF vet.

Op, needs of the navy are why I finally got out. I did my time proudly, but at the end of the day you are a service number and nothing more. I am guessing making rank these days is tougher than ever. I was given E3 at the end of boot and had my crow about a year and a half later. I got a field promotion in 2010 to PO2 and was pretty happy because the rate was locked up. Not too many GMs were getting to 1st class after that date, unless you were field promoted it seemed. My options from there were to look into other branches, or maybe an LDO program.

What I really should have done is went after the riverines program that they kept pushing in A school. It seemed that guys were getting promoted really well if you made it through the training and found a good unit.

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Not sure

They are still jerking him around, detailer said he wasn't on this list I talked to the detailer and Chief Jordan and they are trying to get him fixed by the 15th.

I thought the Army was bad until I started helping out my son. His COC are turds, his CC is a turd pretty much he has a awesome post at Pensacola

but his leadership couldn't get a squad of Ranger students to a burger king.

Really sad, hopefully Lejune will be better, if not I'm going to try and get him to go Blue to Green and be a 18X.

Free

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#24]
If you do go greenside I can almost 100% agree you'll like it. As with anywhere, some units will suck and some will be awesome. At least it appears you have a great attitude and open mind about the situation
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Spent a little over 14 active in the Navy before they sent me home for being too broken and non deployable.  Make sure you have a copy of all the paperwork send up. Keep pushing, a lot of times folks don't want to do their jobs, but the squeaky wheel gets the kick. Send emails over just talk, make sure you read receipt the emails and cc your chief and department head on them as well. Don't be afraid to bring your chief into the mix, a lot can get squared away in the goat locker. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top