Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2014 3:01:35 PM EDT
Its a long drive for me to get to a clothing and sales, is there a place that sells ACUs with the tapes and rank already sewn on?

I know the AAFES website sells ready-to-wear ACUs but its unclear to me whether they sew on the tapes or if they come as velcro.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Its a long drive for me to get to a clothing and sales, is there a place that sells ACUs with the tapes and rank already sewn on?

I know the AAFES website sells ready-to-wear ACUs but its unclear to me whether they sew on the tapes or if they come as velcro.
View Quote

I forget the name of the website that will sell you sewn on ACU's. Otherwise you need to go to clothing and sales/alterations and get it done if a local tailor shop is unable to do it for you.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Order the sew ons and find a local tailor who will do it is probably your best bet.

Worth every penny. Not having to deal with the ugly velco tapes and pin on badges is worth it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Order the sew ons and find a local tailor who will do it is probably your best bet.

Worth every penny. Not having to deal with the ugly velco tapes and pin on badges is worth it.
View Quote

Yeah, this. I'm new to the Guard after coming over from the Marine Corps. I can't stand the velcro nametapes. I'll be taking my ACU's to my tailor to have the nametapes sewn on.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:09:51 AM EDT
[#4]
USA Military Medals sells ACUs and will do the sewing. Kinda spendy - It was a little over 80 bucks to get a blouse with name, service, rank and a single badge, but it was done right and it shipped within 36 hours.

Get one done that way and wait till you're by a real base with real sew shops for the rest is what I'd advise.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#5]
If you have a buddy with name tapes already sewn on you could borrow a top from him and bring that to a local tailor/dry cleaner as a template.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its a long drive for me to get to a clothing and sales
View Quote

Army Military Clothing Sales Stores (AMCSS).

There is no AND in the title of the establishment.  They sell clothing, not "clothing and sales."
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There is no AND in the title of the establishment.  They sell clothing, not "clothing and sales."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its a long drive for me to get to a clothing and sales

I'd like to find whoever started saying "clothing and sales" and go kick his ass.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:54:44 PM EDT
[#8]
They were saying it, at least as far back as the early '90s.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They were saying it, at least as far back as the early '90s.
View Quote

Probably the same asshole who started saying "orientate"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top