Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2011 1:16:54 PM EDT
Just wanted to see what it's like, if you can smoke, stuff like that. I'm heading there in a couple weeks and just seeing if anyone knows the lay of the land.  Decent post? Hardasses?  Goofballs?  Do they have a shoppette on base?
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
WLC you should be able to smoke, you won't get smoked and by your username I'm assuming you know land nav...which isn't that hard in WLC. You'll be gtg hope you get good per diem
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
No more land nav at WLC apparently too many people we're failing it.  

If its anything like FIG you'll have too much time to smoke and sleep.
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's fucking retarded.

I enjoyed the land nav course at FIG, I finished an hour early, and I slept under a tree waiting for everyone else to finish.
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's fucking retarded.

I enjoyed the land nav course at FIG, I finished an hour early, and I slept under a tree waiting for everyone else to finish.

Yea it was especially when I had 2 females in my plt that both failed WLC previously for flunking land nav and both of them graduated Commandants list this go around, both of them picked up SSG soon after graduation.

The Army is getting extra retarded.
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Next you're gonna tell me they allowed GPS's on Land Nav (before they dropped it) and people still failed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
So for some reason I thought I was going to a WLC with all combat arms... And that is not the case.  This should be wonderful.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So for some reason I thought I was going to a WLC with all combat arms... And that is not the case.  This should be wonderful.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHa

Total Army School..... Keep Dreaming.

Link Posted: 4/14/2011 12:17:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Not sure what WLC is, but I was at McCrady doing the Navy's IA training.

Small area.  Mediocre food, but some real gems in their dishes.  There's a very small shopette (very small!) but on Saturday is a bus that goes over to Ft Jackson, about 15 miles away.  Also a 1-chair barbershop.  They allowed us to smoke, but designated smoke pits.  Good 1-mile running course around the playing fields, a softball diamond, a couple pull-up bars.  Overall it's a nice little base.  Lots of fire roads and such for vehicle actions. We didn't do land nav so I can't comment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top