Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2017 8:42:50 AM EDT
http://www.lenoircc.edu/publicsafety/pubemstraining/pubparamedictraining/pubparamedicacademy/

I've been an EMT for 2 years now and trying to figure out options for future certs. As a volunteer, it would be challenging to do any local-to-me programs since many of them have requirements during the week and day job, and they look like they cost 3 times as much as the Lenoir program.

Anyone have and recommendations, especially since Virginia's Intermediate program has it's days numbers?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking of doing a local AEMT class instead.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#2]
if you end up using the program let us know how it goes.. I'd be interested if its legit haha
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you end up using the program let us know how it goes.. I'd be interested if its legit haha
View Quote
They have an AEMT to NRP bridge, so I might take advantage of that... we'll see; waiting for more info from my squad.
http://www.lenoircc.edu/publicsafety/pubemstraining/pubparamedictraining/pubaemttopbridge/
http://www.lenoircc.edu/publicsafety/pubemstraining/pubparamedictraining/pubaemttopoutreach/
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's legit. I know and work with several people that have gone through the program.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a CoAEMSP accredited program. Should be good to go.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:53:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Tidewater Community College (in VB) used to have a crash-course EMT-P program. I have a buddy who is a flight medic for Maryland State Police now, he did that program years ago.

I don't know if it still exists or not, but it might be worth checking out.

VA has been pushing away from local volunteer ALS courses for the last ten years or so, pushing hard towards the community college Associate's degree style program.

I let my EMT-B lapse the last few years. I'd love to get it back, but I'm not really interested in sitting through another basic course again.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tidewater Community College (in VB) used to have a crash-course EMT-P program. I have a buddy who is a flight medic for Maryland State Police now, he did that program years ago.

I don't know if it still exists or not, but it might be worth checking out.

VA has been pushing away from local volunteer ALS courses for the last ten years or so, pushing hard towards the community college Associate's degree style program.

I let my EMT-B lapse the last few years. I'd love to get it back, but I'm not really interested in sitting through another basic course again.

Good luck!
View Quote
I've heard some of the experienced folks talk about the Zero to Hero programs out there to mixed reviews... Honestly, I wish I could just take the month off work and get it done, but that just isn't realistic for me...

For EMT, alot of places are doing hybrid; might be a good way to get it again; should be pretty easy since you've already got the basics!
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm interested to see how this goes I have thought ab out going through an online EMT-B out of Texas.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I went to LCC. It's a good program. It's like everything else in life. You get back what you put in. Our class started with 21. 5 of us have passed NREMT. 1 other passed NC exam and has reciprocity in Tennessee. It was perfect for me because I worked a full time job. The only problem I had was getting a clinical sight near my home in SC. I would make damn sure they have a contract with a hospital and 911 service near you.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#10]
FWIW. Our class consisted of residents of NC, 6 from GA, 3 from California, TN, SC and 1 that was an employee of Triple Canopy. She flew in from Iraq for on site classes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top