Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 6:16:39 PM EDT

looking to purchase a set of plates. I have ceramic plates in my SWAT vest so the city will not buy me a set of patrol plates like everyone else is getting. I refuse to swap my plates back and forth so I'm planning to purchase my own plates. steel or ceramic I don't care just looking for the best deal or biggest discount.

TIA

Treypd

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact HighCom Security, they will provide you a code to use at checkout which is at least 30% off if not more.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I did exactly this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't buy steel. Spend the money and get ceramic.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't buy steel. Spend the money and get ceramic.
View Quote

This. You throw on your plate carrier and have to wear it for a long period of time and it can get uncomfortable.

Pig Brig with Sapi plates, 2 AR mags, and medkit is my quick-rig.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I purchased this last year to replace an older cheaper set I had for about 6 years, and I've been really happy with it.  Threw 2 AR mags, 2 pistol mags, and a med pouch on the front and some flex cuffs on the back and called it a day.

http://www.officersurvivalsolutions.com/products/body-armor-ballistic-helmets/patrol-rapid-deployment-armor-detail.html
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#7]

cant believe I missed out on the skd tactical GB. I need to check my own threads more often.

p.s. still looking for plates

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:22:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I recently purchased from AR500, they give a 10% LEO discount. I'm not sure for the immediate disregard for steel from some but I looked in to steel and ceramic hard. I found the AR500 Level III+ Light Weight Plates the best bang for my buck. They weight 5.5lbs and are .5" thick and will stop 7.62X51 X39, M855, and M193. Only problem is the 14 week wait. Plate with extra coating and multi curve was $180 per plate. To get that weight, thickness, and performance you're looking at 800-1k per plate in ceramic. Just my 2 cents!
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#9]
If your still looking -- OSS is doing a discounted deal of 2 lvl 4 ceramic plates and a rapid carrier for $370+34.95shipping and assuming tax.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I recently purchased from AR500, they give a 10% LEO discount. I'm not sure for the immediate disregard for steel from some but I looked in to steel and ceramic hard. I found the AR500 Level III+ Light Weight Plates the best bang for my buck. They weight 5.5lbs and are .5" thick and will stop 7.62X51 X39, M855, and M193. Only problem is the 14 week wait. Plate with extra coating and multi curve was $180 per plate. To get that weight, thickness, and performance you're looking at 800-1k per plate in ceramic. Just my 2 cents!
View Quote

Since this original order I continued research on steel vs ceramic and have changed. I cancelled my order with AR500 and went with HighCom Security. I picked up two Level 4 ceramics, the 4SAS7, multi curve shooters cut 10X12. They gave a good discount for LEO. The cost of these plates versus steel and the lowered risk of ricochet changed my mind. For this cost I will replace every five years if need be.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Since this original order I continued research on steel vs ceramic and have changed. I cancelled my order with AR500 and went with HighCom Security. I picked up two Level 4 ceramics, the 4SAS7, multi curve shooters cut 10X12. They gave a good discount for LEO. The cost of these plates versus steel and the lowered risk of ricochet changed my mind. For this cost I will replace every five years if need be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smart man. There's just some things I don't skimp on.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Highcom has a code "20ofLEO" for 20% and  free shipping.

Ordered 2- 4SAS7's IV stand alone ceramics, multi curve shooter cut, today for 286.

J-
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Ceramic

I told several officers here to get ceramic and they got steel, after 6 months they are all buying ceramic, mainly the weight issue

This is a good deal at 145 each and rated for 30-06 ap
http://www.midwestarmor.com/body-armor/proguard-iv

Supposedly there is also a 15% off coupon code bringing the price down to something like 129 a plate
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:26:29 AM EDT
[#14]
RMA Defense provides a discount to LEO, call and talk to them for the code.  

Their plates are top of the line, multi hit for 30.06 (most level iv are only single hit)

Video showing a level iv stopping a 338 Lapua and another video stopping multiple 338 remington ultra mag

They are expensive, but your life is worth it!!!

Lead time was around 4 weeks when I spoke to owner Friday the 15th of July.

They have kits for multiple plates and carriers too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#15]

wanted to up date yous guys. I ended up buying from protechsales dot com. I got 2 level iv stand alone ceramic plates and a condor plate carrier exo carrier for $345. thanks for all the help. I would still be interested in steel plates for training if you know of any deals.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top