Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2016 10:00:58 AM EDT
So it looks like I passed all the steps in the process and I'm to be starting soon in law enforcement in an agency that lets the officers pretty much wear any duty belt they choose. A friend of mine let me borrow all the attachments of his duty belt (he went to a different unit) until I decide which ones I want to buy on my own. I however need my own duty belt. What are the pros and cons of taller vs. slimmer duty belts, and who makes the best duty belts? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
BEST Duty Belt?

IMHO, Aeres LE Duty Belt....Stiffest, high quality Made in the good 'ol USA.

But you're new, and its an expensive belt....Maybe look into it once you're off probation.

......Bust you did ask for "best"....
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Accumold Elite. Lighter than leather with good look. Im back to nylon because my best has molle pouches.

Our agency buys all the gear so don't get all spendy with your cash.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Accumold Elite. Lighter than leather with good look. Im back to nylon because my best has molle pouches.

Our agency buys all the gear so don't get all spendy with your cash.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#4]
What size are you? I have a Gould and Goodrich duty belt I kinda bought by mistake, I think it is a 42" I'd send it to you for free if you can use it in your career pursuit
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
A couple months back I got a us grunt gear pro belt.  This is probaby the most comfortable belt I've owned.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What size are you? I have a Gould and Goodrich duty belt I kinda bought by mistake, I think it is a 42" I'd send it to you for free if you can use it in your career pursuit
View Quote

I went ahead and got the Bianchi Accumold, but I really appreciate your offer. Thank you anyway.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]
There was a free gear pass along on Glocktalk that I started in the LE section. I got banned from there a while back so I'm not sure if it's still going.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.tdlabsadmin.com/Belt-Products-c4/

Best ever.  Wish these existed 20 years ago when I started.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Safariland.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A couple months back I got a us grunt gear pro belt.  This is probaby the most comfortable belt I've owned.
View Quote

I have heard this from a few people. I have the opportunity to upgrade my belt, so I thought I'd revisit nylon. A padded belt sounds interesting.

I emailed USGG.

They don't make belts for fatties such as myself. Maximum is 44".

I taped myself where I like my belt, reads 48", which is weird, because I wear 46 trousers and shorts, and they are a bit loose (for IWB I get pants a little large).

Oh well
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://www.tdlabsadmin.com/Belt-Products-c4/

Best ever.  Wish these existed 20 years ago when I started.
View Quote

That looks like a Bianchi belt with a custom pad...
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 4:33:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Safariland.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm retiring my old Safariland after 24 years.  It still looks good but I think it mus has shrunk or something because I can't seem to wear it any more.  Safariland makes some durable stuff.  So does Bianchi.  

Don't buy any duty gear until you are hired by a department and know exactly what their uniforms require.  Slick, polished, basketweave, nylon (oh the horror), or unicorn hide; it makes a difference.  Same thing with vests, boots, or about anything else.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top