Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2015 8:49:08 AM EDT
Hey All!

I figured this may be the best place to ask since I have an ongoing problem at my work site. Currently a non-handicap employee is parking in the handicap spot. Management turned a blind eye to it for a while since we have no handicapped employees. Recently a person was injured and requires a wheelchair to access the building and this idiot continues to park there preventing the other from using it.

My question is, can a LEO issue a parking ticket on private property? Or is it up to management to call a towing company. The spot it marked very clearly.
State: NY
City: Queens

Thanks All!

Edit: Employee was addressed twice and still continues to do it,
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe they can for a handicapped parking spot but I would bet that the spot must meet certain requirements to qualify. If the .gov can mandate that you have a HC spot, there must be a way to enforce it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply!

Turned out to be a self correcting problem as of now. Handicapped employe got fed up and called local PD and they ticketed and towed. Other employee is unaware their car is gone until they leave .

Guess that answers the question
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#3]
L
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply!

Turned out to be a self correcting problem as of now. Handicapped employe got fed up and called local PD and they ticketed and towed. Other employee is unaware their car is gone until they leave .

View Quote

Ah a perfect outcome.  What's it cost to jailbreak your car in NYC these days?

BTW assholes taking up handicapped parking annoy me. About the only time I could waver on that is offbeat hours and a virtually empty lot ie at 2 am at closed business

Also the company HR folks should have nipped this in the bud.  Call turd in for official write up and ban his car from the property for a month.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

L

BTW assholes taking up handicapped parking annoy me. About the only time I could waver on that is offbeat hours and a virtually empty lot ie at 2 am at closed business

Also the company HR folks should have nipped this in the bud.  Call turd in for official write up and ban his car from the property for a month.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

L
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply!

Assholes that park in handicap spots and then proceed to walk around an entire mall or wal mart piss me off.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure if it's changed since I retired from NYPD but cops were told never to write tickets on private property. Call the local precinct or 311 and ask for the number to the Dept. of Traffic (meter maids). They might write him a ticket and/or tow him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Turned out to be self correcting. The handicapped employee called the local pd and had it towed / ticketed.

Think the hookup was $175 and day impound is $90
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Plus any outstanding parking tickets have to be paid before they'll release it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey All!

I figured this may be the best place to ask since I have an ongoing problem at my work site. Currently a non-handicap employee is parking in the handicap spot. Management turned a blind eye to it for a while since we have no handicapped employees. Recently a person was injured and requires a wheelchair to access the building and this idiot continues to park there preventing the other from using it.

My question is, can a LEO issue a parking ticket on private property? Or is it up to management to call a towing company. The spot it marked very clearly.

Thanks All!

Edit: Employee was addressed twice and still continues to do it,
View Quote

Depends state to state. I michigan I can only issue for Handicap violation and parking in a fire lane.

J-
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OUCH!

Didn't know that part. That has to suck! The asshole that parked there has not showed up at work today
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

OUCH!

Didn't know that part. That has to suck! The asshole that parked there has not showed up at work today
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OUCH!

One of the few times it's funny to call the man into somebodies life....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top