Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2015 10:25:46 PM EDT
A couple of weeks ago I got stopped for speeding. It wasn't really too much over the limit but I guess it was enough to warrant stopping me. It was late at night, about 0200, so I figure he might have been fishing for a DUI but I might be wrong. Maybe he was just bored.

Anyway, I pulled over, hand on the wheel at 12 O'clock, interior light on.

He was polite and asked me what the hurry was. I took one look at him and my gut told me he was a pretty good guy. There was just something about him that said he wasn't easily ruffled.

I looked at him sheepishly.

"I just got a call from my kid sister," I said. "She says my mother won $800 in a wet T-shirt contest. I gotta get my hands on the cash before she either drinks it up or puts it up her nose."

He was grinning when went back to his car and came back with my license, handed it back and told me that was the best excuse he had heard in 14 years on the force.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Make me laugh and it is the easiest way to not get a ticket, unless you're drunk.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Had a kid doing 86 in a 55, in a lifted haggered old toyota pickup.  I asked him if there was a reason he was going that fast.  His answer, "well sir, because it wouldn't go any faster."  Made me laugh, so he got a warning.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The best one I ever had was a guy speeding and his young son was in the car. I walked up and made contact and the kid started chanting.....Dads getting a ticket....dads getting a ticket...dads getting a ticket.  

He got one of those "looks" from dad.

I told him that, that seemed to be enough punishment and told him to listen to his kid and slow down.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The best one I ever had was a guy speeding and his young son was in the car. I walked up and made contact and the kid started chanting.....Dads getting a ticket....dads getting a ticket...dads getting a ticket.  

He got one of those "looks" from dad.

I told him that, that seemed to be enough punishment and told him to listen to his kid and slow down.
View Quote

You were had by a pair of professionals
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
"I demand you give me a ticket!"

"No! nobody tells me what to do."
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a77Dw3tNv8o
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top