User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont generally stop for less than 15 over before midnight. After that when Im looking for De-runks I'll go down as far as 9-10 over.

I think I had more OWI arrest last year than speeding tickets that I wrote.

Pulled over a guy going 104/70 that someone had called dispatch and complained on. After hearing his side of the story and seeing how frustrated he was I wrote him a warning and sent him on his way. No hard/fast rules for me when it comes to costing people money for infractions.

View Quote

104/70 is an infraction in Indiana?

We don't have radar, I have only ever written 2 speeding tickets in 4 years. Both were for 20-25 over in a 35.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:06:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We don't have radar, I have only ever written 2 speeding tickets in 4 years. Both were for 20-25 over in a 35.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont generally stop for less than 15 over before midnight. After that when Im looking for De-runks I'll go down as far as 9-10 over.

I think I had more OWI arrest last year than speeding tickets that I wrote.

Pulled over a guy going 104/70 that someone had called dispatch and complained on. After hearing his side of the story and seeing how frustrated he was I wrote him a warning and sent him on his way. No hard/fast rules for me when it comes to costing people money for infractions.

That's a straight up reckless here, on top of being well over the super speeder speed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I pull at 13 over and their actions decide if they get the ticket or not. Buddy if mine that's a trooper says he has an open door policy, if he opens the door you are getting the ticket.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:56:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't remember the last time I ran radar. I will pace and if I do cite I note both the speedometer and camera GPS speeds. 15+ is where I usually make my stops unless I have other suspicion I want to make contact for.
I'm not a stickler about speed as long as your not driving like an ass. Following to close (real close) and you are getting a cite. No insurance and your getting a cite.
Most of my stops are for the silly stuff and I cite just showing PC of the stop for the arrest.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#5]
"My speedometers broken". Had someone tell me that last time I worked.
Me- "How long has it been broke"?
Him- "For awhile"
Me- "Knowing it was or my be faulty, what have you done to correct the problem"?
Him-
Me-

No ticket though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top