Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 3:51:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep

Some is not bad, but everything is Phoenix based, four man engines and ladders you get five or more apparatus for a house fire, 2 chief officers, and a safety officer.

We are at 1 1/2 alarms to get that.

The quizzes will piss you off.... like:

What is the number one most important thing for the first in officer to do.... answer----two or three of the choices.      How in the hell do you get two or three when they ask for the #1  thing?

Our department has adopted most of the terminology but not all.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
My dept is doing it too. All captains and BC's have had the training, along with prospective captains (which is why I'm currently taking it). For me, all exposure to to Capt level scene mgmt stuff is good, even though it's all pretty much stuff my dept has been doing long before I got hired. It's kind of redundant for us for that reason, and a couple of my BC's have said that they thought it was pretty lame when they were doing the computer training but once they went back to Phoenix for the rest of the training, it all came together and was actually pretty helpful.

They have some weird practices and clearly don't put as much emphasis on 2-out as we do but most the other stuff is just a change in terminology. "Defensive on the main fire unit and offensive on adjacent exposures"

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Asst Chief with 26 yrs paid and 31 years total in the FD and never heard the term "Blue Card."  We switched from the Phoenix way to NIMS not long after 9-11.  Sitting through 700, 100, 200, 300, 400, 701, 702, 703, 704, and 800 sucked...!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top