Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 11:43:24 AM EDT
Just an FYI..... BP opened up the hiring process again if anyone is interested.

here
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If your looking for a job right away don't apply from application to interview alone is about 8months YMMV. Im not at all saying its a terrible career at all. FIL is Retired BP.

As a side note make sure if you want to get in start working out right away and get your heart rate checked. What disqualified me from the initial physical was the heart rhythm. You need a doctor to clear you to go on further.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
US Capital Police is also hiring.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:00:33 AM EDT
[#3]
No spelling test I hope, LOL

Just busting your balls OP.
J-
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No spelling test I hope, LOL

Just busting your balls OP.
J-
View Quote

Didnt even catch that.  I'll blame it on the gummed up keyboards at my station.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats the starting pay and the pay after a year, would bad credit disqualify you. I have 10 yrs in the sheriff dept and getting sick of snow and cold winters.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Whats the starting pay and the pay after a year, would bad credit disqualify you. I have 10 yrs in the sheriff dept and getting sick of snow and cold winters.
View Quote

Having bad credit isn't an automatic disqualification, as long as you're honest about it and trying to take care of it.

GS-5 is about 35k
GS-7 is about 41 k

First year including academy is probably about 43k coming in as a GS 5.
Second year around 65 k
Third year  close to 80k
Above numbers change due to overtime/night/Sunday/holiday pay
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

With 10 years experience you will most likely qualify for at least the gs 7 grade starting.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow I just turned 37 and have no military. Guess thats out the door
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top