Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 1:34:58 AM EDT
If any of your agencies utilize the NVD loan lease program, I am looking for information.  PM/Email is fine if you prefer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Same here. I've also heard of a DOD/DLA program called RCP (Recycle Control Point) that offers NVD's. Let's form an alliance. I'll contact you after sleeping. (It's that time lol)

Do you already utilize the RTD (Re-utilization, Transfer, Donation) Program? I learned about it last week. We have some stuffs coming as I type.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Kitbuilder: got your email and replied.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#3]
We participate in the program.  What questions do you have?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:24:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Where/how do we get the good NVG's? I've only found broken PVS-7's on RTD.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:22:06 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a sub program from the Navy that you can participate in.  For $300/year you get like new NVG's and any needed repairs are included in the price.  Also if there is an upgraded model, they will do that as well.  We had PVS-5's at first but got upgraded to PVS-7's this year.  It's not cheap, but it's much easier to sell to the brass than shelling out the price for a new unit.

The contact info should be in the literature that you get when you enroll in the 1033 program if I remember right.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!

Is this it? http://www.dispositionservices.dla.mil/leso/pages/nightvisiongoggles.aspx

Have any agencies pieced working units together with parts from RTD? I suppose if you pulled that off, it'd be a great benefit vs renting annually...

unless we can get PVS-14's there, and not there.

Can you give me some exact models you know were received in a best-to-worst list, including thermal?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
That's it.  Like I said, we started with PVS5 and just recently got updated (their choice, not our request) to PVS7.  I don't recall getting a choice when we first got ours, but things could be different now.

As for piecing old ones together, I suppose if you had someone who knew what they were doing and could go to the depot in person to inspect the units, you might be able to make it happen.  IMO most of that equipment is a crap shoot as to what condition they will be in.  Remember, they are usually getting rid of it for a reason.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#8]
10-4. Thanks again, sir!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top