Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 6:53:08 AM EDT
I need a duty holster for a Gen. 4 Glock 21. Double or triple retention is fine, no light and I want the belt loop attachment. No leather. What say ye ?
I have looked at the BlackHawk Triple retention ( Serpa with thumb release hood and index finger press release, however I would need to find the belt attachment piece because I can't find one with it, I want the holster to be a mid ride.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#2]
If what duty holster is the question, the answer is the 636X series. 6360 for the standard drop and 6365 for the 1.5" drop.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I would say Safariland or G-Code.  I have experience with both and what I really like is the ELS system for Safariland or the RTS System for G-Code.  Both allows you to mount the holster in different positions/modes of carrying, and you can switch between types of holsters if you have more than one pistol with little to no trouble.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That would be my pick as well.  I still have a 6004 for a 92F that still functions without issues.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
My dept will be switching out to the safariland 6360 for all new graduates and all officers as the old holster becomes unserviceable. You also have the option to voluntarily go over to it next month. I purchased one and have been practicing with it. It is a very smooth holster, and a huge leap for us in that regard.  

FWIW, I asked about it here in BOTS, and it was almost unanimously recommended.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My dept will be switching out to the safariland 6360 for all new graduates and all officers as the old holster becomes unserviceable. You also have the option to voluntarily go over to it next month. I purchased one and have been practicing with it. It is a very smooth holster, and a huge leap for us in that regard.  

View Quote

We were issued the Serpa Holster but are allowed to purchase our own gear as long as it meets regs, and I've been looking at the 6360. I used to carry a 6004 so I'm used to the initial thumb break, just not sure of the additional step. How much slower of a draw is it and/or fine motor skill?

Also, I used to remove the "hood guards" on the 6004, does anyone know if the hood guards can be removed on the newer ALS models?

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#7]
The one with just the hood is what we get. very fast with practice.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:09:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Zero complaints for my Safariland ALS.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:10:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Safariland 6360 SLS/ALS on my hip everyday, I love it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We were issued the Serpa Holster but are allowed to purchase our own gear as long as it meets regs, and I've been looking at the 6360. I used to carry a 6004 so I'm used to the initial thumb break, just not sure of the additional step. How much slower of a draw is it and/or fine motor skill?

Also, I used to remove the "hood guards" on the 6004, does anyone know if the hood guards can be removed on the newer ALS models?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We were initially issued the safariland 295. The 6360 is a completely different retention system. I have yet to carry it on duty (have to go through "official" training), but draw seems quicker once you get it down. I've never used a holster with the hood, so can't give you an answer on it,  but within about 5 minutes of practice, I was able to get the draw under 2 seconds. When you break the hood,  your thumb naturally sits on the other release. Very natural to me. Shouldn't take to much more to learn that over the initial break of the hood.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:06:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Safariland for the win!!  I roll the 6360 model with weapon light.  I personally use it minus the goofy hood flap thingy.  You can also remove the ALS feature if you like. I have grown accustom to drawing with mine and even with the ALS it is fast and smooth.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:57:02 AM EDT
[#12]

All of the above.

Safariland FTW.

cheers,

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can remove the hood on the ALS. The extra step just takes some practice.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:18:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd keep the hood guard on. It keeps your vest from activating the hood when you are sitting in a car.

I never understood peoples desire to remove the hood guard?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'd keep the hood guard on. It keeps your vest from activating the hood when you are sitting in a car.

View Quote

Easier to get the gun out support hand only.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True true, plus I have never had an issue with my vest deactivating the hood.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Safariland ALS for sure. Everything else is just a waste of money.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

The hood gets in the way of drawing support hand only.

I stripped everything (hood plus rolltop) off mine and only use the thumb drive. My Class A duty rig, tactical/drop rig, and off duty/paddle holster rig are now all the same system (Just the thumb drive). So I guess all my holsters are in the ALS format.

I was originally concerned about possible weapon retention/being disarmed in a fight but its been a non-issue. Granted, I have a G35 so the extra length makes it even more difficult to remove from the holster as a second party so I'm fairly confident of my weapon retention now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm, I never had a problem drawing support hand with the hood on.  

Top Top