[#2]
4-5 miles
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#3]
13 km.

There is also a 20 km Triathlon.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#4]
5 miles. Houston, in August. Felt like 15 miles!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#5]
2 Miles.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:06:40 AM EDT
[#6]
6 miles. We did a Murph in our academy too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#7]
5 miles
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#8]
6 miles, 22 years ago. Doubt I could do that now without some serious training a head of time
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#9]
6 miles as a group run, i was able to walk faster than the set pace...  I'm not a runner by any means but that shit pisses me off, if your bitching about the pace but carrying a full conversation, you are not fucking trying.  Thankfully we usually ran in ability groups.  Our pt test also included 5 minutes for max pushups and 5min for max situps with no authorized rest positions which was idiotic for 98% of the class.  I think they switched to the cooper test about a year ago.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#10]
the farthest we ran was 9 miles, and it was stupid.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#11]
6 miles with hills but it was a slllooowww airborne shuffle.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#12]
In an academy now...

1.5 miles.

Standard lawfit run.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I think the longest we ever did was about 4 miles. Actual timed testing took place on the obstacle course (1/2 mile) and on the high school track (1.5 mile).

Our lead PT instructor was the SWAT team commander. Dude did everything to the max. Definitely a "lead by example" type.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Whatever it is from the Phx police academy to the top of South Mountain. In July.
View Quote

This.  Long Mountain Run.  About 10 miles.  In September for me though...
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#15]
7 - 8 mile free run.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 4:32:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Holy Cow- what a waste of time and energy. It would have been much more  beneficial to have recruits run Sprints.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I met a guy today who claims to have ran 18 miles several times while in an academy for a very large SO.   18 sounds silly, but it made me wonder what are the longer runs out there?

Holy Cow- what a waste of time and energy. It would have been much more  beneficial to have recruits run Sprints.  

+1

Ask any LEO or Mil when they have ever run more than 2 miles in combat or at work. 99.99999% will say they never have. Ask them how many had to sprint 100 m and you'll get realistic answer.
I'd rather be timed on a sprint or O course than 10 mile run.

I'd rather have a running back from the NFL as my battle buddy rather than a Kenyan that can run 20  miles

Also a good way to keep orthopedic docs rich is to do long distances with a 40 pound pack. Great for the knees.

On the flip side, if you can't do 1.5 miles in the 18 minutes required you probably shouldn't go into LE unless you're going to be behind a desk from the start.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#17]
12 miles.

Ohio State Patrol Academy, 1992.  (I'm not a trooper. I went through their Basic course.)
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

+1

Ask any LEO or Mil when they have ever run more than 2 miles in combat or at work. 99.99999% will say they never have. Ask them how many had to sprint 100 m and you'll get realistic answer.

I'd rather have a running back from the NFL as my battle buddy rather than a Kenyan that can run 20  miles

Also a good way to keep orthopedic docs rich is to do long distances with a 40 pound pack. Great for the knees.

On the flip side, if you can't do 1.5 miles in the 18 minutes required you probably shouldn't go into LE unless you're going to be behind a desk from the start.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I met a guy today who claims to have ran 18 miles several times while in an academy for a very large SO.   18 sounds silly, but it made me wonder what are the longer runs out there?

+1

18 minutes for a mile and a half is a brisk walk.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#19]
IIRC about 4 mi was the longest. I was in the slower group so the faster group may have run more. Always hated running.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top