Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2016 11:15:12 PM EDT
Do any ladies here have a preference?

While on one hand if she got the 14.5 middy AR she would have wider ammo selection & more parts options, I had her pickup a PS90 last weekend at the range and it seems to fit her stature much better. We didn't have time to fire it sadly...

I know many folks poo poo the 5.7 round but my wife is very accurate when she shoots so I don't think she would have a problem dropping her groups into a bad guys brain pan (especially with the 5.7 minimal recoil).

If we did the AR I would have to get some sort of blast mitigator (kx3) because she does not like my 5.56 M17 bullpup going off. Rattles a few curse words right out of her head, she says.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:41:34 AM EDT
[#1]
AR and PS90 owner here....

The PS90 is what sits beside the bed:
It sticks out less far in front than even just a hand held pistol
It's ambidextrous
I have no problem pulling the trigger more than once
I'm a fan of Small Caliber High Velocity round for inside the home use
It's easier to manipulate with one hand when the other has to be used to negotiate the house
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Have her shoot both. Lets the groups tell the story.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 1:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have her shoot both. Lets the groups tell the story.
View Quote

Was definitely part of the plan. I have a friend with a ps90 that we can shoot, but he's out of town for a little bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top