Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2015 1:18:53 PM EDT
My girl just got her CCW license and a Glock 43.

I told her you gal's knew everything. Any links here for tips on concealed techniques etc? I don't know anything about purse use etc.

I was going to get her a IWB holster for it, but I know most women's tight clothing is hard to work with.

Thanks,

USC45
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a good start I think http://www.corneredcat.com

There are allot of good articles online if search and there are some good resources on YouTube.

A class centered on women shooters, if there is one in your area, is not a bad idea too.

Just a few suggestions.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The Well Armed Woman website has lots of videos on use of various types of holsters, including purses, belly bands, etc.

Link

Search for Falia Photography on YouTube. She shows lots of holsters.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to be rude, but the larger her breasts the easier it is to conceal with a belly band.  Only problem is thats not an easy draw, and according to my wife its very uncomfortable to sit with it on
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to be rude, but the larger her breasts the easier it is to conceal with a belly band.  Only problem is thats not an easy draw, and according to my wife its very uncomfortable to sit with it on
View Quote

I find it very comfortable, but you're right about the boobs. Padded bras are nice. A-line shirts and dresses help too. Empire waists and all that.

See pics at bottom of page:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1703200_They_re_not_printing_but_what_cues_indicate_to_you_that_someone_is_armed_.html&page=2
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 6:44:13 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife carries a Muddygirl camo LC9S in an Alien Gear neoprene IWB holster at the 5-5:30 position.  She wears tight fitting clothing and it only prints when she is bending over or twisting around.  She likes the neoprene because it's more flexible than leather and does good in our hot and humid climate.

She has large breasts and has tried belly bands and that clip to your bra holster, but they are awkward to use and print badly under tight shirts in an area that gets a lot of attention anyway.

She does not carry a purse but I do not think she would leave her gun in there if she did, she wants it on her body.  I guess purse carry is better than nothing, but it's not something I would recommend.  The chances of getting separated from your purse or having to unzip something during an attack makes it less than ideal.

I have never heard of empire waist before but I looked at the link.  Those shirts would definitely make it easier to conceal and don't look bad either.  I do not think I would be able to get my wife into them though.  They come down pretty far and are loose fitting, and she I likes her big hips and butt too much.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to be a firearms instructor for a law enforcement agency that required all officers to carry concealed.  The female officers were at a disadvantage because of the shape of their hips and waist compared to most males.  Most holsters are designed for men, and for women that means that the holster is usually at a very uncomfortable angle.  Because of where the belt holding the holster rides, the female's hips often make the holster dig in sharply into the ribs just under their breast.  This means that for a concealed draw, the women often has to lean quite sharply to the side away from the holster.

This all means that you have to seek a couple of solutions for women who want to carry concealed (other than using a purse).

1.  Wear belts that ride lower on the hip so that the holster is in a more vertical orientation.  
2.  Get a holster specifically designed to for a woman to wear concealed.
3.  Wear more baggy, (and I'm told very unstylish) clothing.  
4.  Go to a shoulder holster, but this requires reaching across her body, and if she is either full figured, or has a bad shoulder, this can be difficult.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top