Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2015 11:17:18 PM EDT
Hi gals,

Asking for you to stun me with your knowledge...

Shopping for pants I can wear to go to some rifle and pistol classes.  Having pockets for spare mags would be great.  I am no fashionista, but I hate when my jeans/pants fit poorly.
Problems, I have long legs.  Everyday wear with sneakers jeans have to be 34" inseam.  I can get by 36' easily, especially if wearing with shoes/boots that I can wear a 'stacked' look with.
Will probably have to order online, have visited stores in the nearest city and they seem to not carry womens.  Men's just don't fit right as I run on the curvy end of the spectrum, although the length is good.

So... anyone have feedback on 5.11?  Vertx?  Others?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 1:01:58 AM EDT
[#1]
1.  I am not a female.

2.  I have worn 5.11s and Vertx and they are OK.

3.  Yes, 5.11 and Vertx have female versions of their pants.

4.  Try LAPG; they have frequent sales/specials (like buy 1 pair of pants, get the 2nd half off).
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#2]
My Wife bought some 5.11 Stryke Tactical pants and really likes them. They have 2 inner mag pockets in each of the side cargo pockets. Ideal for run and gun classes. They are very pricey at $70 each (price controlled)!

I wear Tru-Spec 24-7 Tactical pants which have the same 2 inner mag pockets on each side. They are less pricey (usually on sale for ~$40 each) and wear well. They make them for women as well.

Check OpticsPlanet.com, LA Police Supply, Amazon, etc.

I forget which brand but one of the above comes standard with 34" inseam for women and the other one you can order the inseam size appropriate for you.

If you have a cop-shop nearby they likely would have one or both of these brands/style pants.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:34:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Wife bought some 5.11 Stryke Tactical pants and really likes them. They have 2 inner mag pockets in each of the side cargo pockets. Ideal for run and gun classes. They are very pricey at $70 each (price controlled)!

...snip...

If you have a cop-shop nearby they likely would have one or both of these brands/style pants.
View Quote

I'll have to try to locate a shop in Reno to try some on.  So far I struck out at Cabella's and Scheel's.  Ordering online is sort of a drag, not looking forward to a return/exchange process.  

Pictures of the 5.11 and Vertx pants look nice, on their models, etc.  

Thanks for the feedback!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:36:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
...snip...

4.  Try LAPG; they have frequent sales/specials (like buy 1 pair of pants, get the 2nd half off).
View Quote

Thanks for the shopping link!  Way too much awesome stuff there!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'll have to try to locate a shop in Reno to try some on.  So far I struck out at Cabella's and Scheel's.  Ordering online is sort of a drag, not looking forward to a return/exchange process.  

Thanks for the feedback!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...snip...

Thanks for the feedback!

For Tru-Spec, try calling this store (I searched for 25 miles from Reno off Tru-Spec website):

Silver State Industries
1721 East Snyder Ave.
Carson City, NV 89702
775-887-3428

For 5.11, try calling this store (I searched for 25 miles from Reno off 5.11 website):

UNIFORMITY
2205 GLENDALE AVE
SPARKS, NV 89431
(775) 358-9100

Otherwise, Google for police supply stores in Reno and call around:

http://www.yellowpages.com/reno-nv/police-supply-store
http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/NEVADA.UNIFORMS.And.SUPPLIES.775-323-4452
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Vertx Womens Original Tactical Pants.  I gave a couple of these to a friend of mine and she loves them.  She's a size 10 and quite "hippy" and they fit great on her.  The fact that they are quite understated for tactical pants is icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I own a couple pair of Under Armour womens tactical pant. They are a bit pricey at $75 a pair but the fit is awesome. I find 511 pants to be too high waisted and uncomfortable. I also recommend  firehose or flexhose pant from Duluth. Cheaper and very rugged.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#9]
My fiance got me a pair of Dickies cargo pants for Christmas.  I'm tall and have issues finding the right length and these are perfect. He got them online. And the material seems like it's tougher than the 511 ones. And they were cheaper according to him.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#10]
My wife thought the Vertx ones would be for her and bought a pair, but when she got them she thought they were just too baggy and not form fitting enough for a woman. She felt like she was wearing man pants.

She did buy the 5.11 Stryke pants and she is very happy with. She finds them really comfortable and so comfortable she'll wear them around the house just hanging out and not just a the range.  She likes the little front pockets that fit her mags perfectly and the elastic in the side cargo pockets that will hold mags as well.  

The only negative for her about the 5.11 pants is that at 5'3" they run a bit long. She needs to get them hemmed just a bit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top