Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2014 1:17:34 PM EDT
Ladies,

I am in dire need of help.  My wife being in her early fifties, is in the throws of menopause.  She has the whole range of issues associated with menopause, the hot flashes, mood swings, irritability, sleeplessness, you know name it she has it.

She will not do anything associated with hormone replacement therapy, and the information she has found, read or heard about, now associates certain forms of cancer from having a hysterectomy.

In short, we need help in the form of anything homeopathic or an over the counter medicine.  I've spent the last two days researching symptoms and various forms of treatment and most if not all contradict the other, have received bad reviews for ineffectiveness, or are flat out bogus in their claims.

Have any of you ladies out there found anything that works and if you have, how long did it take before you saw any form of relief?  I ask this more for her than myself.  She suffers from many other ailments, diabetes, hypothyroidism, and asthma.  I don't know how if any of these will play a role in how she should be treated.  They do present concerns in how effective her treatment will be and if any treatment will clash with her other meds.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#1]
[not a lady]  Are you sure there is nothing else doing on?  Those are symptoms of a hand full of non hormone (and simple to fix) conditions.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Good luck OP.  Mine has been going thru it for 3 years at least.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Love her, ignore a whole lot of the crazy she will say, have a chocolate stash.

I would NOT suggest some of the drugs they prescribe, it may cut down on some of the drama but they can also flat line emotion and that's not a good thing.

If you need a little time, plan a few day trips like gun shows or "guy" stuff and take a break.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, have your wife research progesterone therapy. It helps some women.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi this is my first post to ar15..

Tell your Wife to check out (I-Cool), you can find it over the counter, in the vitamin and supplements department. I tried it and it really helped with the hot flashes etc.

GrandmaSus
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top