Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2014 4:44:55 PM EDT
Is it okay to talk about some girly stuff?

Compass sent me some goodies from Younique, among them, 3D lashes. This stuff is the BOMB. Seriously. It's so cool. I already have long lashes, so paired with this stuff, i can't even wear sunglasses properly

A couple more recommendations...

This stuff is awesome. Very light, barely there, but evens your skin out beautifully. Costs about $7.50 at Wal Mart.

TwistedSister told me I needed to get this eyelash curler. In her words, "It's the Larue of eyelash curlers." I got it for my birthday, I guess the SO noticed I wanted one
I am very pleased with it, and tossed my archaic monstrosity that was ripping my eyelashes out
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The mascara looks good, I don't even remember what I use now but it doesn't wow me, anything would be better.  I'm curious about the lash curler, what about it is better? I HATE eyelash curlers, I've tried a few different styles and tossed all of them.  I would love to find one that works without the sadistic side effects.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The mascara looks good, I don't even remember what I use now but it doesn't wow me, anything would be better.  I'm curious about the lash curler, what about it is better? I HATE eyelash curlers, I've tried a few different styles and tossed all of them.  I would love to find one that works without the sadistic side effects.

View Quote

It's just a kind of fancier version of what most of us use.

I've got my eye on a heated lash curling wand next. They're $16 on Amazon and people rave on the reviews about how long lasting the curl is.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I just spent some mullah at Sephora yesterday. I'm really into the new smashbox twist cap pencil eyeliner. It's awesome to just twist the cap on and get a sharp point. Plus it's waterproof.

I also tried Sephoras pump medium coverage foundation today. I really liked it. I usually use smashbox CC cream but needed an even lighter shade than they carried.

I dug an older lipstick out of my makeup case today too. One I bought a long time ago and never tried. It's Loreal Paris Infallible in Terra Cotta and it's the bomb. No sticky gloss and it lasted about 5 hours without much fade.

My whole look today.

I can give a rundown of what I use if anyone wants. I'm always on te look out for a better concealer if anyone has any suggestions.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just spent some mullah at Sephora yesterday. I'm really into the new smashbox twist cap pencil eyeliner. It's awesome to just twist the cap on and get a sharp point. Plus it's waterproof.

I also tried Sephoras pump medium coverage foundation today. I really liked it. I usually use smashbox CC cream but needed an even lighter shade than they carried.

I dug an older lipstick out of my makeup case today too. One I bought a long time ago and never tried. It's Loreal Paris Infallible in Terra Cotta and it's the bomb. No sticky gloss and it lasted about 5 hours without much fade.

My whole look today.
<a href="http://s112.photobucket.com/user/BeautifulStranger_13/media/liam/bs2/8DCA2578-1B51-4D9F-AC25-522EFAB8BE01_zpskkvtydne.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/BeautifulStranger_13/liam/bs2/8DCA2578-1B51-4D9F-AC25-522EFAB8BE01_zpskkvtydne.jpg</a>

I can give a rundown of what I use if anyone wants. I'm always on te look out for a better concealer if anyone has any suggestions.
View Quote

I finally bought something Sephora!!!
Too Face - Melted

i got the fuchsia.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10506564_511459415654414_7659659433121283549_o.jpg

I've got my eye on a heated lash curling wand next. They're $16 on Amazon and people rave on the reviews about how long lasting the curl is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10506564_511459415654414_7659659433121283549_o.jpg

"Heated" and "Lash curling" sounds like breakage to me? Trust me I have 3 sisters
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I am interested in the mascara. I only wear Bare Minerals for makeup except for eye liner and mascara because my skin breaks out in lovely hives with any oil-based makeup. Such  a pain.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Compass sent me some goodies from Younique, among them, 3D lashes. This stuff is the BOMB. Seriously. It's so cool. I already have long lashes, so paired with this stuff, i can't even wear sunglasses properly
View Quote

Lucky! Mascara causes my eyelashes to fall out so I never bother.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been seeing ads for that mascara. Might have to try it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I already have long lashes. When I wear the 3D mascara my eyelashes touch my eyebrows.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I can tell you what's different about that eyelash curler.

First, it's got pads that don't wear out.  Second, it EASILY grabs ALL the lashes and because of the specially designed handle, it has a "rest" for your fingers so it's easy to grab the base and put the needed tension on there.  In short, It's the shape of the Shu, plus it has a better grip.

This design is more flat like the Shu Uemura (which is like the high end go-to curler).  Unfortunately, Shu is so popular there are a LOT of counterfeits out there.  I also bought the Billy B eyelash curler and it's good if your eyes are more "round".  I have photos of this.

Left to right:  The Billy B, The Shu Uemura, and the Bella & Bear

The Bella and Bear and the Shu:
Notice the curve is about the same.  The Billy B has a much more pronounced curve.

I've used a heated eyelash curler before.  They work, but the flipside is that I had one that perpetually ATE batteries.  You can do the same thing with a regular one by heating it with a blowdryer--test it on your wrist before using it on your eye though!

EDIT:  Guess I should mention for those of you going "who owns 3 eyelash curlers anyway?" that I am using Latisse.  That stuff delivers--and when you're my age and your lashes and hair start falling out, you do something about it or look completely odd.  Unfortunately, you can't control in which direction your lashes grow when using this stuff, so you have to tame them before putting on mascara.

On to other matters:
Love that lipstick, I may have to have it, XCR.  That's my color.

I'm in love with NAKED2.  Wear it almost every day.  Urban Decay's eye primer is the bomb, sticks even in humidity.

My new thing is actually wearing sunscreen on my face every day, along with an antioxidant.  This particular sunscreen is NOT greasy and sinks in very well, even on my OILY skin.  My entire skin surface has been refined thanks to the antioxidant though.  Expensive, but WELL worth it since a bottle lasts for 6 months or more.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I second any of the Urban Decay palettes. I flip between the Vice 2 palette and the Naked 3 palette. I only use their eyelid primer. Speaking of primer, I use Tarte as a face primer. I love it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I second any of the Urban Decay palettes. I flip between the Vice 2 palette and the Naked 3 palette. I only use their eyelid primer. Speaking of primer, I use Tarte as a face primer. I love it.
View Quote

I have the Oz edition palette from Urban Decay. It's the freaking shiznit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm really into the new smashbox twist cap pencil eyeliner. It's awesome to just twist the cap on and get a sharp point. Plus it's waterproof.
View Quote

I've been looking for a good waterproof mascara & liner.  We swim a lot and 99% of the time, I come out of the water looking like I'm pale and sick.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've been looking for a good waterproof mascara & liner.  We swim a lot and 99% of the time, I come out of the water looking like I'm pale and sick.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm really into the new smashbox twist cap pencil eyeliner. It's awesome to just twist the cap on and get a sharp point. Plus it's waterproof.

I won't say it's 100 percent waterproof. I haven't really tested it but it takes a lot to rub it off with your finger. If I forget to take my makeup off the night before it still looks fresh the next day and I rub my eyes a lot in the morning before I get fully awake.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I already have long lashes. When I wear the 3D mascara my eyelashes touch my eyebrows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok I just ordered some!!!

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yay
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#17]
XCR, do you know if you can get the mascara at Sephora, Ulta or other stores or is it just online?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
XCR, do you know if you can get the mascara at Sephora, Ulta or other stores or is it just online?
View Quote

A lot of people are doing "online parties." I think the price is better if you order it that way. Not sure what stores it is in. I tried googling but didn't find anything helpful
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A lot of people are doing "online parties." I think the price is better if you order it that way. Not sure what stores it is in. I tried googling but didn't find anything helpful
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the Amazon reviews said that you can only get the genuine products off of the manufacturer's website directly, or one of their brand ambassadors/certified sellers/etc. Maybe it's like Mary Kay?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
One of the Amazon reviews said that you can only get the genuine products off of the manufacturer's website directly, or one of their brand ambassadors/certified sellers/etc. Maybe it's like Mary Kay?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of my friends sells it. I sent her payment through pay pal. But I don't think you have to have pay pal.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok that 3D mascara... Works!!! I love it!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ok that 3D mascara... Works!!! I love it!!!
View Quote

Pics! Pics! Pics! Let's see those big pretty peepers
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone used the finishing sprays? I'm very curious to know if they work and if they make your face feel yucky.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Has anyone used the finishing sprays? I'm very curious to know if they work and if they make your face feel yucky.
View Quote
I had some by Victoria Secret. Couldn't tell a difference

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm using a hydration mist by Jane Iredale that works pretty well, but it's intended for use on "powdered" type makeups to "set it".
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm trying out this new lip balm. I read something about it on Pinterest and thought it would be good for this winter because it's medicated. It has a light tint and many different colors.

I like it for a medicated balm and the colors are nice but obviously it's not long lasting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Where do you find it? I'm always trying to find a better tinted balm.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:43:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Walmart.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Walmart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walmart.

I like that.  I'm using one that is similar--

The best thing about this "Sugar" stuff is the way it smells.  They have it in a ton of colors too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Does it work? I've found brands I liked everything about them but they didn't work worth a hoot at moisturizing LOL.  Currently I'm just using Burt's Bee's brand.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Does it work? I've found brands I liked everything about them but they didn't work worth a hoot at moisturizing LOL.  Currently I'm just using Burt's Bee's brand.
View Quote

The Sugar does a good job of moisturizing.  I have a tube of the clear that I keep by my bedside and wear at night before I go to sleep.

The downside is the price.  Another is that it will melt if you leave it in the heat.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=68378

The best thing about this "Sugar" stuff is the way it smells.  They have it in a ton of colors too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Walmart.

LOVE this stuff! Fresh / Sugar is fantastic! I use the Original and Rose tinted (which is what it looks like you have posted) ... Also ~ another great one to try is Bliss Fabulips ...

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The Sugar does a good job of moisturizing.  I have a tube of the clear that I keep by my bedside and wear at night before I go to sleep.

The downside is the price.  Another is that it will melt if you leave it in the heat.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah - I found out how quickly it melts if left in the purse in the car ... Melts fast! ... On the plus side ~ I have had raw / chapped lips from being in the cold - put Fresh / Sugar on - I'm good to kiss in 20mins when it's bad ~ overnight if it's really bad ...

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#34]
If anyone has questions about the 3D fiber lashes from Younique, I sell it now!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walmart.

Done and done.

ETA: I'm having trouble with the color not being very even on. A very light coat doesn't show any pigment at all and a heavier coat is uneven. I will say it does make my lips super soft after only wearing it a few hours. I'll keep trying.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If anyone has questions about the 3D fiber lashes from Younique, I sell it now!!
View Quote

I want that stuff so bad but hubby says I'm too gimmicky and doesn't believe it works.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I want that stuff so bad but hubby says I'm too gimmicky and doesn't believe it works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are pics in the OP that disprove his theory
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You have 2 full weeks to decided. If you want to sen it back, no questions asked and a full refund.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see that now.

I saw that. I even told him about being able to return it and he still said no. The shithead. I'll tell him the ladies of arfcom will cut him if he doesn't comply... That might be enough to make him lol
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I see that now.

I saw that. I even told him about being able to return it and he still said no. The shithead. I'll tell him the ladies of arfcom will cut him if he doesn't comply... That might be enough to make him lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see that now.

Let me know if you need my services
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see that now.

Let me know if you need my services
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/184595_235835973216761_438857969_n.jpg?oh=02157aa7e7f3d02905b31bd6177edd6a&oe=548E3596&__gda__=1422389438_aa95add1ff3477eea63c00386a2d923a

He was scared of you prior to this pic. So when i show him this'll be good.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Good.

Now, here's some more Younique eyeshadow.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#43]
I took the plunge yesterday and bought a tube of .5% retinol.  My plan is to use it twice a week to start and see how well my skin tolerates it.
It's supposed to brighten and smooth the skin and take care of fine lines and wrinkles by turning over the skin's outer layer.  It's the cousin of Retin-A.
I understand my skin might go through a "purge" first--not looking forward to that if it happens.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:36:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I tried urban decays De-slick. Had exactly the opposite effect. I'm pretty sure I had enough grease on my face after a few hours to deep fry a chicken.  However, the makeup forever HD micro finish powder did a decent job of setting my foundation and keeping oil at bay. You have to be careful applying that stuff though. You can still get a pretty similar finish with a decent drugstore powder so I'm not sure its worth the money.

I've tried a lot of the big name expensive brands of makeup. Tried everything you can buy at dollar stores and Walmart. Still have no holy grails, really.

I've found foundations that match skin tone perfectly, but break me out. Some that help my acne but are impossible to match unless I purchase multiple shades and blend them.

Mascaras are all the same to me. Its the applicator brush that I care about. I've taken brushes from old mascara and saved them if they fit into whatever new tube I bought I have the Bella and bear eyelash curler. Didn't work for me. of course I've never found one that did so I can't really complain. Mine are short, thin and just don't curl. I also have deepset, almost hooded, eyes. I don't get too fancy with eye makeup because it can't be seen anyway

Haven't experimented much with lips, but I do know I've never once bought something that looked good, "felt good" and lasted longer than a half hour. I need to do a lot more testing in the near future. Right now my lips are dry and getting chapped from winter. My naked lips always throw off whatever look I'm doing and make me look "undone." I get sick of reapplying every hour or dealing with dryness created from certain lip products, so I gave up.

Overall, I've never had any better or worse results with drugstore vs high end. I'm really of no assistance I think I'm going to save the hundreds I experiment with at ulta and sephora and keep trying out new things that are more affordable and easy to get locally. I'm definitely sick of dropping $30-$50++ on just one item that I see no results from. Very frustrating, and expensive.

My skin sucks if the hundreds of dollars I've spent trying to find holy grail skin products worked, i wouldn't be so concerned about my makeup. I look horrible without it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#45]
WD, I bought the urban decay deslicker spray after I asked about setters earlier. I didn't have quite the same problem you did. The very first time I used it I loved it. It did everything it advertised. But I feel like the times I've used it after my problem areas still end up oily. I just carry my blotting papers and use them. My skin is so combination and j never know what it's going to do.

A few of the products I mentioned above are the only items I would never give up. The smashbox eyeliner, baby lips and urban decay shadows.

I recently got a Boxom sample kit with their mascara in it. I really liked it. It's not waterproof but it doesn't flake and makes my lashes look really long. I like the brush.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I tried urban decays De-slick. Had exactly the opposite effect. I'm pretty sure I had enough grease on my face after a few hours to deep fry a chicken.  However, the makeup forever HD micro finish powder did a decent job of setting my foundation and keeping oil at bay. You have to be careful applying that stuff though. You can still get a pretty similar finish with a decent drugstore powder so I'm not sure its worth the money.
I've tried a lot of the big name expensive brands of makeup. Tried everything you can buy at dollar stores and Walmart. Still have no holy grails, really.
I've found foundations that match skin tone perfectly, but break me out. Some that help my acne but are impossible to match unless I purchase multiple shades and blend them.
Mascaras are all the same to me. Its the applicator brush that I care about. I've taken brushes from old mascara and saved them if they fit into whatever new tube I bought I have the Bella and bear eyelash curler. Didn't work for me. of course I've never found one that did so I can't really complain. Mine are short, thin and just don't curl. I also have deepset, almost hooded, eyes. I don't get too fancy with eye makeup because it can't be seen anyway
Haven't experimented much with lips, but I do know I've never once bought something that looked good, "felt good" and lasted longer than a half hour. I need to do a lot more testing in the near future. Right now my lips are dry and getting chapped from winter. My naked lips always throw off whatever look I'm doing and make me look "undone." I get sick of reapplying every hour or dealing with dryness created from certain lip products, so I gave up.
Overall, I've never had any better or worse results with drugstore vs high end. I'm really of no assistance I think I'm going to save the hundreds I experiment with at ulta and sephora and keep trying out new things that are more affordable and easy to get locally. I'm definitely sick of dropping $30-$50++ on just one item that I see no results from. Very frustrating, and expensive.
My skin sucks if the hundreds of dollars I've spent trying to find holy grail skin products worked, i wouldn't be so concerned about my makeup. I look horrible without it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, maybe this is more info than you're going for, but I'm putting it out there, hope I'm not stepping on your toes or anything
WD my sister has sort of similar She did Accutane when she was younger which helped her A LOT (for other skin problems) - when she
got a little older she was just plagued with oily skin :o( ... She
finally thought she would do the whole ProActive thing for 4-6 months
and you know what? That shit worked.  and she has fought long and very hard to find makeup that will work for her - so what works for her may not work for you, but might be worth a try (if you haven't already tried it?).
For her skin (tends to be very oily, God love her) she has found Clinique foundations or the powder foundation (looks like a powder goes on like a foundation) - works really well for her. And she always always always uses Clinique moisturizer (the yellow on - Dramatically Different). She has switched from time to time (foundation) - went to Bare Minerals / Lancome / Estee Lauder / etc - but she always goes back to Clinique (she says when she does - it aggravates her skin for about a week or 10 days [the switch back], but it's always worth it]) And she carries blotting papers if going someplace important.
She has to wear waterproof mascara (blotchy underneath problem because of oily skin) - she always always goes back to Lancome Definicils or Diorshow. However, I was trying some new mascara the other day and found mascara with the coolest wand! Im trying to figure out a way to get the mascara off and use the wand with other mascara It's by "iT" Brand (it's apparently new - found it at Ulta - pretty good mascara - nice long lashes and all that, just a little harder to get off than I like, not exactly waterproof, but not exactly not not waterproof - I don't do waterproof). Wand is bizarre - but you easily get every stinking lash you didn't know you had - it's weird.
Lips! Try the Baby Lips suggested by Beautiful Stranger or the Lip Sugar Twisted Sister suggested (they have a clear, also) - the tints are really nice - the dark "I wouldn't wear that color" tints are sheer and look really good if you wear them alone. Fresh also has a lip scrub for when things are really bad LOL. Same same for Bliss Fabulips (except for the tint, I think) and can also be had at Ulta - I don't think I've ever seen Fresh products at Ulta (at least not my Ulta). Starting with a good moisturized lip will help
Lip Color! - I have my favorites - we all do - I put a concealer base (I don't wear foundation) - powder on top - line with brush (with lipstick I'm using) and fill in - blot it - fill in again if I'm going out that night. Stays all day. My friends and I went on out of town one weekend for 'girls weekend' and they saw me mid-routine and almost died / killed me - looked ridiculous :o) But it works for me and has for years.  - Some lipsticks feel better than others - Lancome feels good, any of the "long wearing as long as you apply this on top of it" does not feel good to me - Loreal feels good - so does Chanel - it's like you said - just have to experiment a little and find ones you like - might be drugstore - might be department store, doesn't really matter as long as it works for you.  
Have you looked at a Tweezerman Eyelash Curler? Might be worth looking at.
Man, I talk a lot

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I've actually tried, and still sometimes use clinique. I used the line developed specifically for acne prone skin. It was almost my holy grail as well. Problem with their foundation, for me, is I can't find a shade to match me, and the coverage isn't buildable to my liking. I dont know how to describe it. Its sheer yet looks very cakey if you try to build on it. Its a bit drying too so you definitely need to keep up on moisturizing. Its different than regular foundations. It dries super fast. Light coverage but great for breakout prone skin. Itd actually helped clear up my blemishes which is why i loved it so much. If I had better skin that didn't require heavy coverage it'd definitely be my go to. It was for a long time just because it helped with keeping breakouts at bay. I bought two shades and just mixed them to get closer to what I needed.

Will definitely have to look into the lip stuff mentioned.

Haven't tried the tweezerman brand. May look into that as well.

My thing with the mascara wands is basically how close the bristles on the brush are, how long they are and how much product the tube let's onto the brush. The new silicon spikey type brushes are a no go for me. My lashes are just like my hair. Thin, falling out, short, prone to breakage, and lifeless thanks thyroid if I don't use the right brush, no matter what, i will always get the "spider" eyes. They will all just clump together with globs all over them and I'll look like a rookie whore. That's after wiping excess product from the wand.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:14:19 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I've actually tried, and still sometimes use clinique. I used the line developed specifically for acne prone skin. It was almost my holy grail as well. Problem with their foundation, for me, is I can't find a shade to match me, and the coverage isn't buildable to my liking. I dont know how to describe it. Its sheer yet looks very cakey if you try to build on it. Its a bit drying too so you definitely need to keep up on moisturizing. Its different than regular foundations. It dries super fast. Light coverage but great for breakout prone skin. Itd actually helped clear up my blemishes which is why i loved it so much. If I had better skin that didn't require heavy coverage it'd definitely be my go to. It was for a long time just because it helped with keeping breakouts at bay. I bought two shades and just mixed them to get closer to what I needed.

Will definitely have to look into the lip stuff mentioned.

Haven't tried the tweezerman brand. May look into that as well.

My thing with the mascara wands is basically how close the bristles on the brush are, how long they are and how much product the tube let's onto the brush. The new silicon spikey type brushes are a no go for me. My lashes are just like my hair. Thin, falling out, short, prone to breakage, and lifeless thanks thyroid if I don't use the right brush, no matter what, i will always get the "spider" eyes. They will all just clump together with globs all over them and I'll look like a rookie whore. That's after wiping excess product from the wand.
View Quote

Yeah, my sister sometimes had the problem with their liquid foundation - so sometimes she uses the powder foundation - which she said she isn't near as bad about that and it comes in three or four different levels (?) of covereage? Sometimes I'd see her apply it with a brush - sometimes I'd see her apply it with the little puff/sponge applicator that comes with the compact - I think it just depended on how much coverage she wanted that day.

The mascara wand on the iT mascara is weird - it's just weird, I'm telling you! Ahh - here's a link to their website. It's not any of the "pull it off to take it off" - but that wand just works - I never ever thought it would because it certainly doesn't look like it would at all! No glops of mascara where you end up with spider eyes LOL but not thin, either - and able to apply to every single lash - freaked me out. I want to take the wand and use it for other mascara

Sorry about your thyroid :o(

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Love my Younique stuff. I started out trying their mascara. Talk about magic!!

Now, I sell it. And I've made the switch to all their makeup. I love it!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow.  First application of retinol on Sunday night.  Today I get up and I'm peeling slightly.  Like you would after a slight sunburn to the face.  I can't wait to see what the overall change is like after a few months of application.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top