Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 9:32:09 AM EDT
I bought a light weight M4 kit for her a year ago and just got in the lowers to start the build but before I do I want to see what you ladies have to say!

Now all the kits parts are stock other then the lighter weight barrel same trigger, old plastic M4 stock and old type pistol grip!

What I'd like to know is what would make this rifle more female friendly? Thinking a new trigger as she is use to my two stage maybe a new collapsible stock to dampen recoil or make it more comfortable to shoot for her? Don't know tell me what you ladies think!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#1]
No advice?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello Tayous1,

I am not a woman but I do have a small amount of insight as I just built a rifle for my Fiancée. I bought the magpul MOE carbine length handguard because its lighter than the aluminum ones I found, I also bought the magpul foregrip because its quite light and well made.
I am also considering buying a lighter stock for her aswell. She has been very happy with how much lighter her rifle is than mine.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how some of the ladies address your question. I am also looking for some of the same answers. :)

Have a great day,
Joshua

Edited for spelling Mistakes. :(
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree...does she like a specific color? You can get some colors from factory kits and others from hydrodipping or Cerakote...

A better than stock trigger is always a good investment.  I find the RRA two stage match trigger to be a great choice and the most affordable that I know of but you can always upgrade.  I would add a rubber pad like the Magpul Enhanced recoil pad but not for recoil, a .223/5.56 doesn't have enough recoil to worry about, but instead to protect her shirt from the rough finish on the buttstock.  I prefer the Hogue grip or the Ergo over a stock grip.  I'll post some pics here of a couple of mine and maybe it'll give you some ideas of what she may or may not like.  The color fill lettering can be done in any color at home and is a very inexpensive way to customize an AR.

This is my Colt LE6920...lot's of pink, I love pink, but with a little money you can do pretty much any color.

This is my Loki 6.5 Grendel/.264LBC.  It's a Hogue free float forend, Hogue grip and a pink Magpul buttstock that you can't see.  It has a RRA two stage match trigger.  I prefer the Hogue grip over the Ergo but some people prefer the Ergo but either way the rubber grip is my favorite.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I got this for the grand daughter born couple months ago.  SunDevil MFG also did a custom SN for me her initials and birthdate.  That picture is from their website.  I still have time to collect the rest of the parts to build it up  Also plan to either buy Purple furniture or get some FDE and die it.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:11:46 AM EDT
[#6]
That should make a really nice AR!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top