Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2014 1:47:29 PM EDT
Does anyone have any specific firearms related goals for the year? I thought maybe we could all come up with at least one goal each to accomplish in the 6 months we have left of the year. We can update our progress, discuss, ask questions and just plain support each other.

Ex., To pick up another gun platform (shotgun, pistol, AR, revolver), To train for specific scenarios, to save money for a new purchase, to build a new gun, to acquire more gear and use it, to spread the word, even as small as more range time.

What do the ladies think?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes!

1. To shoot my Shield much better. I'm trying to work out the low and left thingy I've got going on. Trying to schedule a coaching session with an instructor.

2. Want to get a full-size 9mm. I've got my eyes on the S&W M&P 9, as it has interchangeable back straps in three difference sizes. I can't get a decent grip on other full size 9mm as they're too big for my small hands.

3. Would like to take the shooting portion of Massad Ayoob's MAG-40. I took the classroom portion a couple of months ago. But first I have to shoot my Shield better.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes!

1. To shoot my Shield much better. I'm trying to work out the low and left thingy I've got going on. Trying to schedule a coaching session with an instructor.

2. Want to get a full-size 9mm. I've got my eyes on the S&W M&P 9, as it has interchangeable back straps in three difference sizes. I can't get a decent grip on other full size 9mm as they're too big for my small hands.

3. Would like to take the shooting portion of Massad Ayoob's MAG-40. I took the classroom portion a couple of months ago. But first I have to shoot my Shield better.
View Quote

Thats great! I really need to get out and shoot more with my Shield. Its been a very long time since I put a good amount of ammo through it. I have the full size M&P9 and I love it. Its very comfortable to shoot. I have the smaller grips and I still have some problems getting to the mag release but it just causes me to move a tiny bit when doing reloads. Good luck with the training course. I know Massad is highly sought after. I need to be looking around for some more local trainers. There is a group that is about 3 hours away that are supposed to be good.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Some of my goals include:

1. To start conceal carrying more. I was purse carrying during my pregnancy and its just become a habit. I need to break it and get used to carry on the body again.

2. To continue a more physical approach to training and range time. Keep up with the running, sprints, going prone, kneeling, engaging active target, multiple targets. Just plain more shooting under stress.

Thats two big ones for the year. I have a ton more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top