Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2014 1:46:50 PM EDT
I got some stuff from The Well Armed Woman today! I like their stuff and it shipped fast.

Sticky holster
Compression shorts with holsters
and CCW purse (I like that the purse was made by a company called "gun tote'n mamas" haha)

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you and I have the same purse. I've been carrying it.for months as my daily purse, way before I got my CCL in.early March. I use the holster.for my spare.mag. I love love.love.the WAW.Kydex IWB holster for appendix carry. I have yet.to carry in my purse. :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:37:35 AM EDT
[#2]
ooooo how do the shorts fit? what do you carry?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I carried a purse very much like that for years, I'm a huge fan of cross body purses for the security of them.  Mine wasn't specifically made for concealed carry but you would have though it was since it had the perfect places for your gun.  I actually saw one being advertised on EBay, I think, as a concealed carry bag so I guess others had thought of it also.

I'm curious to hear how you like those shorts.  I've looked at their advertisement more times than I can count and wondered how well they worked.  Give us a little review if you don't mind, after you've tried them of course.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't like the shorts.
I was disappointed. That was what I was most excited about. And that's the one thing that is not returnable since it is considered like underwear or something.
I expected the shorts to fit like my other "body-shaper" thingys that help hold in my mama-gut but it made it worse. The waist band is significantly tighter than the rest of the shorts so it it cuts into my tummy and pushes the pooch down and out...so pretty much, it just looks really stupid. And now I feel fat.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carried a purse very much like that for years, I'm a huge fan of cross body purses for the security of them.  Mine wasn't specifically made for concealed carry but you would have though it was since it had the perfect places for your gun.  I actually saw one being advertised on EBay, I think, as a concealed carry bag so I guess others had thought of it also.

I'm curious to hear how you like those shorts.  I've looked at their advertisement more times than I can count and wondered how well they worked.  Give us a little review if you don't mind, after you've tried them of course.
View Quote

I ended up really liking this purse, although I could've used just a little bit more room in the non-gun compartments for my other stuff. The strap is going to take some getting used to because it is thick and stiff (that's what she said!)

I have a big thing with comfort. If it isn't comfortable, I'm probably going to ditch it real soon. I have a terrible time finding a holster I can stand. I throw shirts away for having uncomfortable seams...so holsters are driving me crazy, but I'm trying.

Like you, I also have another couple of regular purses that worked pretty good for concealed carry. This is my first official CCW purse. I'm not sure I ever want to spend $89.99 on a dad-blame pocketbook again though. I'm kind of disappointed in myself for that...BUT since it was for a gun and all...I guess I can forgive myself. haha
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ooooo how do the shorts fit? what do you carry?
View Quote

I carry a Sig P238

After looking closely at the compression shorts, I'm thinking it wouldn't be hard at all to sew some sturdy elastic holster thingys on my favorite body shapers...or any pants/shorts for that matter
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't like the shorts.
I was disappointed. That was what I was most excited about. And that's the one thing that is not returnable since it is considered like underwear or something.
I expected the shorts to fit like my other "body-shaper" thingys that help hold in my mama-gut but it made it worse. The waist band is significantly tighter than the rest of the shorts so it it cuts into my tummy and pushes the pooch down and out...so pretty much, it just looks really stupid. And now I feel fat.
View Quote

Damn

They would not wear well on me, then
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Hate to hear it about the shorts. I had been looking at them as well but I hated to spend that much on something I wasn't sure would fit right. I have a Gun Tote'n purse as well but mine is a different style. I really like them and they seem to be worth the money. What appendix holster do you use? I've been looking at the betty holster for my xds. I've also been looking at the pistol wear sport to use when jogging but again I hate spending money on something I haven't seen in person.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife absolutely loves the shorts.  

She's been carrying a Walther PPS in them everyday (yes, literally everyday) for almost four years now (she's worn out  two or three pair).  She is slim though, so I don't know how that factors in with other body types.  One thing is for certain, she will be making her own pairs from here on out.  They are very simple and if you have a pair of compression shorts and/or brand that you like already you can easily add the elastic bands for the "holster" section if you are handy with a sewing machine.

For the record, she tried the belly band (rode up too high because her hips are wider than her waist) and my Comp-tac CTAC and MTAC before settling on the shorts.  She wears them with dresses as well.  She wasn't comfortable with the idea of off body carry so I'm very thankful that the shorts were an option that was available.  I try to give them credit and praise anytime I can.

Good on you for carrying, and carry on (pun intended) ladies! :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top