Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2014 11:29:07 AM EDT
So, would any of you be willing to read my POF profile and help me out with it?

Right now I'm getting nothing from there
Should I add or change something?

Delete it all together?
Better or worse here it is

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=53382609
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you copy/paste it?  It is going to make me to register to view it.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, you have to have an account, apparently. I don't want the SO getting the wrong idea
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, you have to have an account, apparently. I don't want the SO getting the wrong idea
View Quote

Look at you being all considerate of your S.O. and shit.

I didn't even think about that, I just don't want the damned emails.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 4:32:12 AM EDT
[#4]

NightdriverWi:
Now with more titanium

About Non-smoker
with
A Few Extra Pounds

City  Buffalo city, Wisconsin

Details  48
year old
Man,
5' 10" (178cm),
Non-Religious

Ethnicity  Caucasian
Virgo
with
Blonde hair

Intent NightdriverWi
is looking for a relationship.

Education Masters degree

Personality Blue Collar

Profession Tool and Die Maker

There are other pictures but I didn't copy them all here

About
Keith

If there are things you want to know about me, just ask
I'm
not much for crowds, I haven't been out to the bars for some time now,
but if we can find a quiet, out of the way place with a pool table and
have a couple of beers that would be fine.
I enjoy doing some cooking and not just mac& cheese, frozen pizzas or hamburger helper.
I'm mainly a jeans and T shirt kind of guy but I will dress up for the right occasion.
I'm
looking for a kind, gentle, affectionate woman, someone who can enjoy
some fun, silly times along with more romantic and frisky times when
we're ready
If you want to know about the plate in my leg I can tell you what happened or I can tell you the interesting story...

First Date

A nice quiet drive out on the back roads, and if the timing is right watching a meteor shower.
A coffee and something to eat in the afternoon then a nice walk getting to know each other along the river
A movie, either at the theater or we could snuggle up together on the couch and watch one.
Straight C&P from there so I'm sure the formatting is kinda wierd

Ok, I straightened it out mostly..
Sorry I didn't think about needing and account there to see things.

I used a yahoo Email to sign up for things like this so spam from these sites can be dumped easily

Also, if you'd rather not reply here you can IM me

Link Posted: 2/12/2014 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I conducted an experiment once. I made an incredibly vague profile riddled with bad spelling. For example, in interests I put "I duno, i like movies and shit."

I only had one photo up, and it was a blurry selfie of some chunky ethnic girl with sideburns.

I had 50 messages the first day, and about as many the next. A lot of the guys were really good looking. I just shook my head and never logged in again.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 9:12:38 AM EDT
[#7]
i think so,Yeah, you have to have an account, apparently. I don't want the SO getting the wrong ide,thankshttp://goo.gl/CvQRT0
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First, ditch the gun picture. Or since it looks like you can use more than one, move it to someplace less prominent. You're supposed to be putting your best foot forward, right? You say you can dress up, but this is you wearing an old t-shirt, making a face, on the range with a bunch of guys. Step it up. You don't need to wear a suit and a tie, but at least a shirt with a collar. Women like to know they can take you to their cousins wedding and you'll look presentable. There's nothing there that shows that side.

Also ditch the xrays. Old people talk about medical stuff. Unless you got that injury base jumping, save it for after bingo.

Picture with kids is ok.

Don't do the "if you want to know, ask." Its wishy washy. Just tell..lots of things in there you don't like. What do you like? What do you want to do? Certain kinds of food you like or want to try? Is there some activity you've been wanting to try? Hiking a trail, or putting together a car or winning a shooting competition? Try putting things in the positive, rather than negative.

Anwyay. just some quick thoughts.

View Quote

I agree with everything Barbara said.

I would like to add that POF is kind of a known "trolling for strange" site, so you may keep that in mind.

I met my husband on OkCupid back in 2011. Like most free online dating sites, it has its share of dudes (and chicks) just wanting to hook up, but I think it's a bit more legit than POF. You might consider it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I did a study in school on dating sights.  I had phantom accounts both men and women.  What did I find?  Men look at pictures, women read.  So my advice is take out the verbiage about being over weight.  A woman is going to be able to see that in your pictures, no use starting with a negative about yourself, you want to invoke confidence.  You have a master degree in what?  That's pretty cool, expand a little on this.  You have kids, expand on this (unless those are your friends/niece and nephew etc -- which if this is the case talk about how much you love kids, unless it's a deal breaker no kids.

I like the gun photo, it's cute and funny but as much as I try to convince myself I'm the girl next door, the girl next door is more liberal and doesn't like to blow shit up like I do so better take Barbara's advice.  

So in a nutshell don't be afraid to write more and add more pictures.

Lastly women crave attention.  So send interests (I never been on POF, I used Match and OkCupid for my study) and get the girls to talk to you.  On Okcupid they had "gifs" and the girls loved the gifs so if this is the case with POF send the gifs but more than anything give them attention.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, I did give up on POF and went to OK Cupid.

I did get more interaction there, in fact I have a date tonight for a couple of beers and to shoot a few games of pool.

Thank all of you ladies for your advice.

Nice! Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top