Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
5/29/2017 5:35:05 AM
Posted: 10/28/2001 5:43:04 PM EDT
Maybe a little off-topic, but I was watching "Hogan's Heroes" on TVland the other day and I swore SGT. Shultz was carrying a Krag-Jorgenson, I could see the side loading gate. Has anyone else ever seen this? [rolleyes] You have to wonder if the prop guy did this on purpose just for fun.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:28:09 PM EDT
It is very possible. Germany (and the Frogs and Brits) probably captured a large portion of the Norwegian small arms after the invasion. I used to have a Norwegian Krag model 1894. I understand production of these continued through the war (#2 that is!) and were issued to second line troops. An interesting thing about my Krag - it was a parts gun. A previous owner had a stock I placed on this. He had glass bedded it to another Norwegian Krag, which had German proofmarks on the bottom of the barreled action. I seem to remember a swastika, but it was most likely a waffenampt stamp(s). If I could find that rifle again, I would pay double what I had sold it for.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:25:34 PM EDT
I you ever saw the movie "The Fighting Seabees" with "The Duke" The japs all had Kregs.[;)]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 5:57:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 9:49:39 PM EDT
I can’t remember the name of it, but I recall recently seeing a WWII era British war movie in which the German soldiers had Lee-Enfields. I recall many old gangster/private detective movies where everyone seemed to have the same handgun (apparently the actors swapped it between scenes). I recall older Western movies where cowboys carried double action Colt New Service revolvers with swing out cylinders. These revolvers had metal welded underneath the barrel to look like a percussion revolver loading lever. In the movie “Sergeant York”, Gary Cooper carried a 1903 Springfield; supposedly the real Sergeant York carried a 1917 Enfield. If my memory hasn’t failed, I recall a British officer in Disney’s “Swamp Fox” with a percussion pistol. Etc., etc. I’ve also seen the Krag in Hogan’s Heroes (hard to miss that magazine gate) – I suspect it was what the prop guy had lying about.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 9:51:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rew: I you ever saw the movie "The Fighting Seabees" with "The Duke" The japs all had Kregs.[;)]
View Quote
I think John Wayne had a Krag too.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 11:37:28 AM EDT
Sorry Chuck your right and I can't type to save my life. Krag it is[:)]. HvyAR John Wayne used a "captured" Krag. Think I am going to watch it again tonight.
Top Top