Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2001 10:21:33 AM EDT
Was this action by the B1, the first combat use of this aircraft? I guess we can thank Ronald
Reagan for saving the aircraft, as Jimmie Carter
scrapped the B1A.  John
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The B-1B was used against targets in Iraq in 98, SOF made two articles on them at that time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to work (civilian) as an engineer at a repair depot that serviced B1B and F16 fire control radar systems. Them's some bad assed planes!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:46:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to work (civilian) as an engineer at a repair depot that serviced B1B and F16 fire control radar systems. Them's some bad assed planes!!!!!
View Quote

Cool, you work at Nortrhop-Grumman in the East Building? I worked on the B1-B radar system for the Block D upgrades.
View Quote

Nah - I worked in Hunt Valley at the ERC before they relocated it to BWI. I got laid off at the end of the cold war (it was still Westinghouse).
I still know a few folks at NG though and go to the King's Dominion Family Day trip every October. I miss it a lot, but I'm in telecom now and things are looking up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top