Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 11:27:51 AM EDT
I grew up in Channelview in the early and mid 70's.
Particularly interested in size cannons that may have been used and also wondering about the particular battlefield area as to how it lays out over the city of Channelview as it sits now.
As a kid playing and digging in the yard, I found what I believed to be a cannon ball or a morter ball.

Google doesn't seem to be much help in this area.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I grew up in Channelview in the early and mid 70's.
Particularly interested in size cannons that may have been used and also wondering about the particular battlefield area as to how it lays out over the city of Channelview as it sits now.
As a kid playing and digging in the yard, I found what I believed to be a cannon ball or a morter ball.

Google doesn't seem to be much help in this area.
View Quote

After an admiitedly cursory search, I am not finding information on this battle.

Are you sure of the name of the battle?

When was it fought?  Can you provide us any more details?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:02:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it was the battle of San Jacinto.
In the Channelview, Buffalo Bayou area.

http://www.lsjunction.com/people/zavala.htm

Let me look some more.
Maybe the 1830's time period
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top