Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2009 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't get how they could say he had to go to trial in MA, lose in MA, and then go to Fed court for that case law to apply.

Doesn't federal law trump state law?
Link Posted: 7/3/2009 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
This from the state that perhaps pushed the hardest in favor of rising up in armed rebellion against English tyranny?
Link Posted: 7/3/2009 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/5/2009 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't get how they could say he had to go to trial in MA, lose in MA, and then go to Fed court for that case law to apply.

Doesn't federal law trump state law?

He never should have been charged as the law should be selectively enforced. Save it for a person who is dangerous.

However, he was not in compliance with federal law either as it was not in a locked case. They probably knew that, so they charged him. That is why he would have to take it up in federal court if he felt they were incorrect to charge him.

Also, he was crazy to want to go to trial when he was guilty under both state and federal law. He was hoping the jury would ignore the law and nullify it?

This was a great outcome for him.

Link Posted: 7/6/2009 4:12:19 AM EDT
[#5]

i hate MA so much, i've considered moving west just so i don't have to be so close to them.

fucking MA...

Link Posted: 7/6/2009 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Man...I thought we had it bad in CT...

That said, the dude was insane for traveling through another state with a firearm before understanding the rules - even if the rules are f***ing retarded.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Also, he was crazy to want to go to trial when he was guilty under both state and federal law. He was hoping the jury would ignore the law and nullify it?

That's the last thing that would happen in MA.  Those douchebags tend to LIKE their state and their government.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Fucking commie-chussets, fucking new england commie states of America.
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is EXACTLY why I am going 100 miles out of my way to avoid Maryland for my vacation in 2 weeks.  Taking an alternate route up through West Virginia.  Maryland has the same bullshit no guns in vehicle unless unloaded, locked and in trunk rules.  Well fuck you liberal asshats, I will get my gas in West Virginia.

Sir, you are misinformed. MD transport rules are less restrictive then the FOPA rules. A handgun transported in MD has to be unloaded and in a case or holster. It does not have to be in a locked case, nor does it have to be in the trunk on a vehicle.

I invite you to peruse this thread in the MD HTF which has the complete text on MD's transport laws.

the following are the 2 exceptions that usually apply to civilians transporting handguns:
(b) Exceptions.- This section does not prohibit:
(3) the carrying of a handgun on the person or in a vehicle while the person is transporting the handgun to or from the place of legal purchase or sale, or to or from a bona fide repair shop, or between bona fide residences of the person, or between the bona fide residence and place of business of the person, if the business is operated and owned substantially by the person if each handgun is unloaded and carried in an enclosed case or an enclosed holster;

(4) the wearing, carrying, or transporting by a person of a handgun used in connection with an organized military activity, a target shoot, formal or informal target practice, sport shooting event, hunting, a Department of Natural Resources-sponsored firearms and hunter safety class, trapping, or a dog obedience training class or show, while the person is engaged in, on the way to, or returning from that activity if each handgun is unloaded and carried in an enclosed case or an enclosed holster;

Lastly, there are no restrictions on transporting longarms that are unloaded (except SBR and SBS, which are defined as pistols and must be cased)

There are also no restrictions on the possession of any type of magazines.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#10]
See, this is why I never leave the house, rather sit around rearranging my ammo fort and posting to ARFCOM
Link Posted: 8/8/2009 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow, to the OP! Massachusetts is fuckin' totalitarian with their gun laws!

I'm a cop, and I could never see doing that to someone who obviously wasn't a criminal or engaged in criminal behavior.

Remind to never go there...not that I ever would, anyway.
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
See, this is why I never leave the house, rather sit around rearranging my ammo fort and posting to ARFCOM

That is f'ing great!
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Seems like a "NO" to the any firearms queston would have been the best course of action.

You win the best answer prize!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems like a "NO" to the any firearms queston would have been the best course of action.

You win the best answer prize!!!!!

A couple more years, the courts will have these fuck heads sitting down to a crow banquet. It's coming, baby, the tide is turning.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top