Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2001 7:54:44 AM EDT
I am in the process of getting an AR together (minus lower) while I am on business in CA. Not to worry, I live in TX. I was wondering if 20rd mags can be ordered while I am here? I ran into the problem when ordering a few extra mags for my Ruger when I learned that a 10rd mag is the max you can order and have shipped to CA. Thanks for the help.......

Link Posted: 8/23/2001 8:04:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry dude, I think if you have a per 94 you can but as a rule nothing over 10
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#3]
That's what I was afraid of. Oh well, guess it can wait. Thanks for the replys......
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#4]
PsychoAR, if you are temporarily in California, you can order hi-cap mags but  you cannot have them sent into California. You can have them sent to Texas if that's where you are going back to.

a2car, hi-cap mags are not allowed into California for civilians. It doesn't matter what firearm you own, when it was purchased or anything else. Hi-caps are only allowed for LEO's with the proper paperwork from their department.
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#5]
i know lots of people that will ship 10+ mags to Kali. But the person who will get in trouble is the reciver. Just have them shipped to your address in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#6]
In CA one can own and use all the hi cap mags they want. There is [b]NO[/b] ban on ownership as long as they were possesed before SB23 went into effect. I shoot in competition using hi caps right next to guys who are LEO. They know I have them and they know I am not LEO. It is NOT illegal to own and use them. It is only illegal to sell, give, import them, etc. That's why you don't see them for sale at the gun shows in CA anymore. I have heard, but not personally experienced, that some vendors at the gun shows in NV are asking if buyers of hi cap mags are from CA before making the sale. Although I don't know why they would. It is legal to sell them to a CA resident outside of CA. I just think they are covering their butts since those same vendors still sell at CA gun shows, minus the hi caps of course, and do not want to run the risk of being associated with the mags being "imported" into CA should the buyer somehow get caught and say, "yeah, I just bought these in Reno are taking them home to SF".
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Pthfndr, you're right about hi-caps in CA. I wasn't reading my post carefully enough, sorry. Hi-caps  already IN CA are o.k. - no new hi-caps can be imported into CA, is what I was thinking when I typed the wrong thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top