Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2001 10:03:03 AM EDT
Is it legal to use an adaptor, that has the standard AR thread pattern, that goes on with 4 set screws?  I was told that, since the barrel isn't threaded, such a barrel adaptor doesn't need to be welded.  Is this true?

this is an adaptor that slips over the end of .710" barrel ends, and is secured with 4 set screws, and has the 1/2 X 28 thread pattern.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the legality of a set-screw adaptor, but if you add a flash suppressor or grenade launcher to the adaptor, you are in trouble if you have 2 or more evil features on a post-ban SAW.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
No flash suppressor or grenade launcher.  I am putting on a compensator that you can ONLY get in the threaded version.   No set screw versions for it.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
You'd have to somehow cover the threads before you could attach the adapter to your barrel.

Attaching the adaptor is the same as threading the end of your barrel...

Now, it would be OK to permanently attach the 1/2x28 muzzle device to your adapter, and you could then install the slipon adapter/brake combo on your barrel with the set screws.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:53:52 AM EDT
[#5]
So, is this going to be a problem on my post-ban rifle?
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So, is this going to be a problem on my post-ban rifle?
View Quote

Yes, it's the same as threading your barrel.   You need to permanently attach the 1/2x28 device to the adapter to be legal for installing on your post-ban barrel, and the muzzle device itself needs to be post-ban compliant (not a flash hider, and not 22mm in diameter).
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 6:59:35 AM EDT
[#7]
*pouting*

Okay.  [:|]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top