Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2001 2:16:21 PM EDT
arent they supposed to be marked "LEO or Millitary use only" if they were made after the ban? because i found some that have the date stamped on them but not the warning. i wondering about those. it seems odd to me that they wouldnt be stamped. also are the mags just like the other "evil" things, flash hider, bayo lugg, folding stock, that you can own them as long as you dont own a post-ban rifle that they will work on? or are all mags made after the ban restricted? beecouse $12 for NIW mags is a good deal. if they have a "post ban" date and the "warning" stamped on them, that makes em restricted right? but what about date only? i dont want to make a mistake and get mags that i will be aressted over. also can someone post a link to further info about the mag ban? thanks
DB
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
even if its not marked LEO/gov/export only
IF the date stamped on it is post 94 you cant own/ posses it unless your excempt from that law

it doesnt even matter if you dont even own the firearm for the mag u are still in a world of SH*T if they start to care some day
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
thats what i thought. thanks for the heads up. but damn....$12 NIW. sad really. oh and get this i went to an Army Surplus store over the weekend and there was a crate with 75+ USGI mags for sale in it. they wanted $39 each!!!! lame eh? thanks
DB
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 2:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Sadly enough, BATF considers posession of a post ban high capacity magazine "posession of a class five destructive device".  In their eyes, it is just as bad as posessing a bomb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top