Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2017 6:11:35 PM EDT
I talked to the IRS today about my 2014 taxes

Turns out the advice I got in 2011 about not having to file because I didn't make enough on my 1099s to have to file was not accurate. Now that I called them I need to go back and file 11-13. All for 1099s and I'll owe in the mid 2ks per year. Plus the 3k for 14 which is now due Sept 1st.

I wouldn't have a problem putting them on a payment plan. I owe what I owe. It's just that I'm in school right now. Ill be done June 2nd. I have to have them filed by June 1st.

Any advice?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the source next time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Call the IRS directly, and establish a payment plan.  They will charge you a fee to do so, but it allows you to make payments instead of coming up with the lump sum.  Do this sooner, than later.  Ignoring the IRS will eventually result in their putting a hold on your checking/savings account. They can also place an admin hold on any professional licenses you have--which can affect your employment status.  The fact that you are in school doesn't matter to them...set up a payment you can afford, and make them go away.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call the IRS directly, and establish a payment plan.  They will charge you a fee to do so, but it allows you to make payments instead of coming up with the lump sum.  Do this sooner, than later.  Ignoring the IRS will eventually result in their putting a hold on your checking/savings account. They can also place an admin hold on any professional licenses you have--which can affect your employment status.  The fact that you are in school doesn't matter to them...set up a payment you can afford, and make them go away.
View Quote
I think that's what I'll end up doing. I was talking to them yesterday. If I set up the payment plan over the phone it's over $200. Online it's $30 something. I just need to go file those 3 years first.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top