Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2016 8:25:39 PM EDT
I wanted to let people know that I did get them to take it in exchange for most of my money back. There may have been several factors that allowed this to go as smooth as it did but the first thing I did was call an attorney that specialized in firearm cases. I found the exact advertisement where it said "It is original and complete in every respect." Next I spoke with an expert to prove that my suspicions were true. He is an expert in WWII era firearms and has been used as an expert witness in various cases involving firearms. He confirmed all my suspicions about the "authenticity" of the rifle.
I was advised to contact the Mitchells Mausers in order to see if they would accept the rifle considering what I had found...and from whom. Now as another circumstance that I understand not everyone will have is that I live maybe four hours from Yuba City where they are located. That being said it wouldn't be difficult for me to go there to sue if need be.

When I called I spoke to guy named Mike. I explained what I found, who I talked to and what I wanted at the advise of my attorney. He could have either been compliant because of what I had prepared or because he was a really helpful guy, but he agreed to everything except the refund price. I paid $3000 for it and he was going to refund $2500 due to it being a discontinued product. I took this because I would certainly pay more that $500 in fees that I may not get back if I fought for the full price. I packaged it as well as I could and took several photos. Two weeks later I received a check in the mail that cleared.

I wanted to take the time to let other people know about what happened with me in hopes that if there was someone else out there that felt like they were out of luck there are circumstances where you don't have to litigate or just eat the cost. Thanks Everyone!

Semper Fidelis
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]

we know.

sorry you  lost 500 bucks.  you should sue for the rest.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]

A known issue for years..

A quick Google search would have saved your time, funds, and efforts.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Who in their right mind pays $3000 for a Mauser......................and doesn't know about Mitchells?

First, a $3000 Mauser better have been carried by Adolph himself.
Second, even a cursory read of any Mauser forum would clue you in on the reputation of Mitchells.
Third, is this your original account? I ask because your post seems to refer to previous conversations.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]
This is one of those times to use a CC.
Amex being the best of all.

They will stand with you and reverse charges if the goods are not as advertised.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top