Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2016 5:54:32 PM EDT
My current CLEO (Denton County, TX) refused to sign my form 1 months ago and said I should go the trust route. He's up for reelection and his competition said he has no problem at all signing Form 1s, so I've been waiting and hoping. In the mean time, the federal law has changed, so how does this affect my ability to get a form 1 signed? Some of the guys at work say it can no longer be done as an individual-only as a pre-established trust, others say I can still do it as an individual but only need to copy the CLEO on my form submission, others say there is no change for individual submissions. I've looked around the net and can't find a straight answer...help.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Try asking here.SBR fourm

Faster answers. Lots of smart folks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Many thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My current CLEO (Denton County, TX) refused to sign my form 1 months ago and said I should go the trust route.
He's a well known poser and idiot.
He's up for reelection and his competition said he has no problem at all signing Form 1s, so I've been waiting and hoping.
As of July 13th it's CLEO notification, no signature required. Send William Travis a copy of your Form 1/4 with a post it note telling him to shove it up his ass.
In the mean time, the federal law has changed, so how does this affect my ability to get a form 1 signed?
It means you don't need a signature. Read the instructions on the Form 1.
Some of the guys at work say it can no longer be done as an individual-only as a pre-established trust,
They are wholly and completely wrong, tell them to read the damn instructions.
others say I can still do it as an individual but only need to copy the CLEO on my form submission, others say there is no change for individual submissions. I've looked around the net and can't find a straight answer...help.
Well, the straight answer is easily found.....ATF.gov The instructions are right there on the form.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Read above.....

The CLEO problem was fixed, but screwed everyone using a trust. Thank Dorner for his manifesto against cops and the simple NFA trust process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top