Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2016 12:09:37 AM EDT
Anyone here know of a patent attorney that can help me. It's unclear which form of protection I should use for my item and I'm looking to talk with a lawyer about it as well as some nda's
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#1]
IP guy, pro-2A, and FFL/SOT.
http://www.whe-law.com/meet-us/bio/?bio=11
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The patent and trademark bar is one of the hardest ones.

They are never cheap.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IP guy, pro-2A, and FFL/SOT.
http://www.whe-law.com/meet-us/bio/?bio=11
View Quote

I know I'm late to the party, but Glenn is who I'd recommend.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm happy to talk to you. If you need a patent, you need someone admitted to the patent bar. If you only need a trade or service mark, you do not need someone in the patent bar. I'm in Jax and handle trademarks and servicemarks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm happy to talk to you. If you need a patent, you need someone admitted to the patent bar. If you only need a trade or service mark, you do not need someone in the patent bar. I'm in Jax and handle trademarks and servicemarks.
View Quote

If you need a patent, I'm happy to talk to you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone here know of a patent attorney that can help me. It's unclear which form of protection I should use for my item and I'm looking to talk with a lawyer about it as well as some nda's
View Quote

I'm a patent attorney, but not taking new clients at this time.

It'd be helpful to provide a generic description of what you're looking to protect, OP. You're not giving anything away by saying, "I've built a better mouse trap, and I need to protect it." Most patent attorneys have a technical specialty. You don't want me writing your mechanical mouse trap patent application. If you've developed the next great smartphone app., a patent attorney specializing in mechanical inventions might be in way over his/her head trying to write a "software" patent application.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Every patent attorney I have ever used was also trademark.

Patent work only brings in so much money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top