Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2016 7:40:21 PM EDT
I live in Illinois which is not entirely NFA friendly but does allow sbrs if you have your C&R. I am building an sbr and contacted my sheriff's office. They said I can mail all of my forms and call me when they are signed to pick them up and get prints done as well.

I am doing this without a trust so I am the manufacturer of the rifle.

What the confusion is is there are essentially 3 forms I have that I received in my NFA kit from the ATF. I have 2 copies of each form, Certification of Compliance, the front and back application with reverse CLEO sign off, and payment method forms.

My question is do I sign and date everything before mailing or sign but date after I pick them up from sheriff's office? Also, does the sheriff keep one copy? Lastly, do I just hold onto the payment method form and send 2 copies of the front and back form?

I know these have easy answers, but most of the forums I have been reading all refer to e filing method or just say get CLEO sign off and send with no other detail mentioned until you get approved and do the engraving, etc..

If anyone can provide me with a better understanding of the process, it would be much appreciated. The sheriff's office just asked me to send forms with photos and copies of ID, FOID, and C&R.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey there, just sent off my form 1 out of IL, pm or email me.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#2]
point of order, you will be the MAKER of the SBR. The manufacturer is Spikes, Colt,  etc already stamped on the lower receiver with serial number.  Unless of course you started with an 80%
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top