Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2016 2:36:32 PM EDT
ETA: spoke to new CEO of company that replaced earlier entity.  Partnership dissolved (gory details omitted), defunct company bought by new entity, and new owners are dedicated to make situation right.  Lowers are gone, but I will made whole.  Kudos to the new owners for taking care of business.  

Original Post:
I had 6 Noveske AR-15 lowers shipped to an FFL in northwestern Florida in late 2014.  Everything had been arranged in advance.  I have the dealers FFL.  They were going to do some paint and work on the weapons for me, so I was in no hurry.  As a small business owner with several other responsibilities (and an NFA owner who's used to 6 to 12 month waits), it was probably very late 2014 before I contacted them.  I didn't get a response.  I contacted them throughout 2015 at every phone number and email I had for them.  Eventually, the phones stopped accepting messages and the emails started bouncing back.  Their website is still up, but now their FFL shows as invalid on the ATF's website.  After almost 18 months of trying to get in touch with them, I guess I have to consider my ARs stolen and get the BATFE involved.  

The BATFE is virtually useless in this situation from what I can tell.  Their website merely states I have to contact my local LEOs.  I can do that, but is that really my only option?

ETA: Their license originally expired in November 2016.  The fact that it is no longer valid suggests it was either surrendered or rescinded.  I have no idea why they're no longer in business.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I had 6 Noveske AR-15 lowers shipped to an FFL in northwestern Florida in late 2014.  Everything had been arranged in advance.  I have the dealers FFL.  They were going to do some paint and work on the weapons for me, so I was in no hurry.  As a small business owner with several other responsibilities (and an NFA owner who's used to 6 to 12 month waits), it was probably very late 2014 before I contacted them.  I didn't get a response.  I contacted them throughout 2015 at every phone number and email I had for them.  Eventually, the phones stopped accepting messages and the emails started bouncing back.  Their website is still up, but now their FFL shows as invalid on the ATF's website.  After almost 18 months of trying to get in touch with them, I guess I have to consider my ARs stolen and get the BATFE involved.  

The BATFE is virtually useless in this situation from what I can tell.  Their website merely states I have to contact my local LEOs.  I can do that, but is that really my only option?

ETA: Their license originally expired in November 2016.  The fact that it is no longer valid suggests it was either surrendered or rescinded.  I have no idea why they're no longer in business.
View Quote

Pretty much. Though they would have had to transfer the weapons to another entity as part of their shutdown...so there is a paper trail, somewhere, with where they went. I would go ahead and reach out to the ATF office nearest the other FFLs location - they may be able to help you at least get in the right direction.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would go ahead and reach out to the ATF office nearest the other FFLs location - they may be able to help you at least get in the right direction.

View Quote

Good deal - thank you.  So how does one find the contact information of the ATF office closest to Freeport, FL 32439?  never mind!
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you find them here?  https://www.atf.gov/firearms/listing-federal-firearms-licensees-ffls-2016

If they moved their license number and phone number would have changed.  Email should still be working though.  Also have you tried Facebook?  Dealers can still have pages up.

PM me who it is and I'll see if I can find anything else.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you find them here?  https://www.atf.gov/firearms/listing-federal-firearms-licensees-ffls-2016

If they moved their license number and phone number would have changed.  Email should still be working though.  Also have you tried Facebook?  Dealers can still have pages up.

PM me who it is and I'll see if I can find anything else.
View Quote

Hey Bubbles!  Long time no talk. Hope you and HR are doing great.  

Good lead on the FFL list. They are not there.  With that said, they have an active facebook page .  They list the same address, phone number and emails, and have posts as of yesterday afternoon.  They're posting about manufacturing and shipping AR-platform rifles.  A few posters said something about bouncing back.  A January 15 post stated: "we received a callback from the State Department earlier in the week regarding our license to begin manufacture again"  There was an October 13 post that said "We've got our first meeting with the ATF today."  A September 16 post said "we broke up" (there were originally two partners). Other posts say "we got rid of the problem" and things like that.  Of course, I think was working with the guy who's no longer there.  Looks like they took orders for rifles (paid in full up front) that were then delayed 1+ years by some kind of squabble.  I guess I'm the least of their worries with all they've been dealing with.  I still like to give people the benefit of the doubt.  Firing off a few more messages tonight....
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent. Glad they are making things right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top