Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2016 12:17:49 PM EDT
Last year I was in SC for 6 months, bought a lot of shit online, earlier this year, Amazon sent me an email saying I owe $86.XX in taxes to that state.

Do I follow their link to the website, wait for the state of SC to send me a letter? I'm not sure, notifying someone over email seems pretty fishy, hence why I'm asking over just paying it
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do I follow their link to the website, wait for the state of SC to send me a letter? I'm not sure, notifying someone over email seems pretty fishy, hence why I'm asking over just paying it
View Quote

If you hover your mouse over the link (DON'T CLICK IT!), does it go to something like amazon.com or southcarolina.gov, or does the URL look like IAmAScammerLookingForAPatsy.com?
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you hover your mouse over the link (DON'T CLICK IT!), does it go to something like amazon.com or southcarolina.gov, or does the URL look like IAmAScammerLookingForAPatsy.com?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
If Amazon has a business presence (warehouse, distribution center, etc) in SC, then they were responsible for collecting SC sales tax at the time of purchase.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This.
If Amazon has a business presence (warehouse, distribution center, etc) in SC, then they were responsible for collecting SC sales tax at the time of purchase.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

It brings me to

https://www3.sctax.org/DOREPAY/defInfo.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top