Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2015 1:47:30 AM EDT
The district clerk of my county mailed me a non-certified "Order of Non-Suit/Dismissal".  I recognize the cause number, so I know it has something to do with my child support/custody.

I did a records search on my cause number, and here is what it looks like.

02/xx/2015  Case Information Sheet

02/xx/2015  Request Request for Service
02/xx/2015  Z - CSRP Motion to Modify Child Support (OCA) Petition for Confirmation of Non-Agreed Child Support Review Order
02/xx/2015  
Attorney General Notice
Returned Unserved  04/xx/2015
Anticipated Method In Person
Returned 04/xx/2015
12/xx/2015  Notice of Nonsuit (2)

I googled a bit, and I believe a notice of non-suit means they are no longer suing me.  Does this mean only for this 02/xx/2015 Motion to Modify Child Support?  

My kid is only 16, so I should have two more years before they unchain me.

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like someone filed a motion for a CS mod.  If it wasn't you then it was the ex.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 4:04:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Most likely, whoever filed the motion to review the child support order failed to prosecute it.

That is to say, your child's mother filed a motion to modify/review the order of support, and then did nothing to follow up on it.

Let sleeping dogs lie?

ETA:  It also looks like there was a failure of service.  They were unable to serve you, or they simply chose not to serve you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top