Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2015 10:06:46 PM EDT
What will happen to my RLT when I move from Connecticut to Tennessee. Currently there is only monetary value to it. All NFA have been sold/ transferred.

Do I have to close this one somehow and start another in Tennessee since address would be different?
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It will darken, smolder a while, then burst in to flames.

Seriously, nothing happens. It's still your trust.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What will happen to my RLT when I move from Connecticut to Tennessee. Currently there is only monetary value to it. All NFA have been sold/ transferred.

Do I have to close this one somehow and start another in Tennessee since address would be different?
View Quote

If nothing is on it I would shred it and start a new one.

Your current one is still valid, but you could not ever add anything new to it without amending it and paying some cash, so may as well just start over.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Your current one is still valid
View Quote

Or maybe not.
State laws are NOT all the same.

Move to Virginia and your will may well be invalid.
A Virginia resident MUST be an executor or co-executor.

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't ever need the CT trust as when I leave this state, I will never look back.

We'll be moving to the outskirts of Memphis, TN mid to late February.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't ever need the CT trust as when I leave this state, I will never look back.

We'll be moving to the outskirts of Memphis, TN mid to late February.
View Quote

Move everything OUT of the trust.
Doing it in the trust state is generally a good idea.
The folks you need are still available.

Establish a new trust after you meet any residency rules in the new state.
Not that federal rules may NOT be the same as state rules for residency (fed tax purposes).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top